• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Predictions (not who I want but who I’d bet on):

Decidueye
Rabbid
Shovelknight
K. K. Slider
Steve
Tails €
Villager (animals) €

Alternates:

Goku
Chibi Robo
Geno
K. Rool

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
King k rool - the similar way Ridley got in and king k rool is known by sakurai with th costume

Dixie kong - long overdue for a Dk rep probably revealed with king k rool (and I think she will be a diddy kong semi-echo rather than a echo fighter)

Simon belmont - until vergeben is proven fake on the smash part there's no stopping this (besides even with out it komani is getting a lot of love with snake back and bomberman as a assist )

Ashley - Japan popular request promote warioware gold which comes out July by the way could be the little mac of smash bros ultimate and ofcoarse no assist trophy spotting

Pokémon rep - the first proposal was made in 2015 during the dlc development of bayonetta and not to long after ballot was finished so if we get a rep it has to be the same way greninja got in by concept art (but really a new pokemon playable is a tradition of smash bros)

Either captain toad or geno - Captain toad is due to high promotion recently and you all screwed this up peaches and Daisy's toads don't deconfirm because it's a species and that toad is a main character of a game (and don't even think about giving me the he can't jump arguement they can implement it some how)

For geno it's because sakurai wants him in smash and square enix owns him and they also own cloud last time it was near the ending of smash 4 this time is a beginning since cloud is base so sakurai had a Much longer attempt to convince them to let geno in this hopefully he pulled threw

Mach rider- my guess for the WTF/Retro for the reasons

1. Considered for melee
  2. Music ben in smash since melee
  3. Sukopon was considered a item for melee he revisited that in ultimate so might do the same for other smash games (revist previous ideas)
  4. Ben referenced in Nintendo games before (most particularly is the motorcycle is usable in Mario kart)
  5. not necessary but a retro rep or atleast one WTF character always happens in smash (possibly won't happen this time.)
  6. He has atvantage over excite bike same moves but more room since he has guns added
  7. Takamaru chances for this spot is dead

And the biggest facor is thishttp://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/masahiro_sakurais_recent_toy_purchase_is_related_to_his_current_project Smash bros ultimate is in delevopment around that time he got the toy (December 2016) He wanted the gun from it and the gun looks alarmly simular to mach riders gun

Now for the echos

Shadow - knuckles is the assist trophy this time and if you look at the pattern (unless it changes here) and that's there's only 1 third party assist trophy from a playable character (bomberman doesn't count against snake since he's not from metal gear solid) and high potential for a sonic echo fighter and ofcoarse no assist trophy spotting yet

Dark Samus - the particular palette for Samus is missing and no assist trophy spotting yet only problem for echmos dark Samsun has slightly different attacks than what the real Samus has

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The only problem I see with Echo Dark Samus is that she already has a unique moveset as an Assist Trophy, so while it's very likely they'll make her a Samus echo, it would be a waste of a moveset she's already showcased in Smash Bros.,

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The only problem I see with Echo Dark Samus is that she already has a unique moveset as an Assist Trophy, so while it's very likely they'll make her a Samus echo, it would be a waste of a moveset she's already showcased in Smash Bros.,
That's why I said dark Samus would be better as a semi-clone (problem with echo status Is dark Samus has different attacks than Samus)

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Here is a small dream of mine. I want nintendo to reveal a new ultimate character at a big smash tournament. Melee or smash 4 doesn't matter. because then it will make a lot of casual fans wanna watch the finals of upcoming tournaments in hopes of catching future reveals, thus bring in new viewers, and giving huge support to the competitive scene.

I'm already really happy that they just are having the demo at CEO. I'm sure that influenced more people to attend. which makes me happy.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Guess I'll post who I still wanna see make an appearance.

Newcomer Wishlist:
*The Dragonborn
*Sans
*Decidueye
*Elma
*Isabelle
*Metal Sonic

ThiagoCavalcanteCarvalho

Smash Apprentice
Minecraft:
Minecrafter: Steve (left) and Alex (right)

Reasons:

The size of the series. One of the biggest series of games currently as far as I understand.

One of the few and biggest cross media hits in the gaming world.

The size of the importance in the indie market and the fact that indie characters in the game would be very interesting.

The sudden Minecrafts for the Switch with all the exclusive content of Nintendo; including this one of the Pokémon.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think I may have giving shadow more points for possible sonic echo

We know the knuckles assist trophy helps a lot since third party character franchise assist trophys only get one from their series

But I just remembered the stopwatch (timer) is a confirmed item for smash ultimate
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Timer

And isn't shadows assist trophy ability no different? So why make shadow a assist when the stopwatch pretty much does the exact same thing despite both being in brawl and smash 4

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think I may have giving shadow more points for possible sonic echo

We know the knuckles assist trophy helps a lot since third party character franchise assist trophys only get one from their series

But I just remembered the stopwatch (timer) is a confirmed item for smash ultimate
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Timer

And isn't shadows assist trophy ability no different? So why make shadow a assist when the stopwatch pretty much does the exact same thing
...You know the Timer existed in Brawl and Smash 4 too, right?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes I do it's just a accured to me situation

What's the point of having both if they do the same thing situation
Ask Daybreak and the Dragoon.

Or Latios and Latias and Kat and Ana.

Or the Galaxian, the Beetle, and the Arcade Bunny.

Overlap has existed before, to an even stronger degree.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Reminder that since Sonic was rushed into Brawl, there's going to be a few things that had to cut some corners. So Shadow being a clone of the timer item just without the chance of backfiring on the user was just something they could easily do. Granted it's not like they changed it up at all other then updating Shadow's model with more time to do it in Smash 4, and if the Shadow assist trophy returns again it probably won't be too much different. (I don't necessarily think Knuckles being an assist trophy means it's a sure thing the Shadow assist trophy has been replaced. Could easily see both being there as Assist Trophies.)

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
You know I've seen a lot of people talking about a shadow Echo fighter. which at first I was agreeing with.
but on further thought I realized that Sakurai puts a lot of weight on iconic and classic characters.

and if he would go through all the effort to get another sonic character. wouldn't it make more sense that he would first try to get Tails? Tails is WAY more important to the Sonic franchise then shadow. I mean I could still see shadow Echo happening. but only if we first got Tails as his own character.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I mean so far every third party franchise has only gotten one playable character from their series too.

If we were to have both Sonic and Shadow as playable characters, why would there be a "rule" that third party series could only have one assist trophy? It seems weird to me to suggest only one assist trophy is some kind of rule whereas only one playable character isn't. You're more or less suggesting that it wouldn't be unusual to have multiple Sonic characters playable....but it would be unusual to have multiple Sonic assist trophies.

I don't think there are any rules like that about playable characters or assist trophy numbers though (I mean heck, I don't think Donkey Kong even has an assist trophy and it's owned by Nintendo!), I think for Sakurai there's probably always just been other third parties that were more pressing to obtain. (but of course if he decides to add a third party as an echo fighter that could change)

That said I think Shadow being a possible echo of Sonic is far better reasoning for his inclusion than the Knuckle assist trophy is. (I mean Knuckles and Shadow could absolutely both be assist trophies, I mean it's Sonic if any third party franchise is deserving of more content in Smash it's probably Sonic)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well I wouldn't be shocked if ashley was promoted to playable in smash ultimate just like little mac

Promotion level is off the charts for her

Assist trophy missing by the way sakurai went off and deconfirmed several wanted characters by the way so why not the other assist trophys not shown that are being speculated as playable

High moveset potential
Highly requested in japan/east we got westerns their most wanted (:ultridley:) why not Japan (ofcoarse that could be king k rool though)

And not to mention warioware gold releases next month since she's on the case and we should end up with 1-2 character reveals each month since theirs less time for this one

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You know I've seen a lot of people talking about a shadow Echo fighter. which at first I was agreeing with.
but on further thought I realized that Sakurai puts a lot of weight on iconic and classic characters.

and if he would go through all the effort to get another sonic character. wouldn't it make more sense that he would first try to get Tails? Tails is WAY more important to the Sonic franchise then shadow. I mean I could still see shadow Echo happening. but only if we first got Tails as his own character.
A unique character takes more work than an Echo fighter, that’s why it seems more plausible that we’ll get the latter instead of the former. And since Tails really wouldn’t work as an Echo, then it’s Shadow who people think is likelier. Plus, amongst the people who were introduced to Sonic during the GameCube era onwards, Shadow is much more important than Tails.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
A unique character takes more work than an Echo fighter, that’s why it seems more plausible that we’ll get the latter instead of the former. And since Tails really wouldn’t work as an Echo, then it’s Shadow who people think is likelier. Plus, amongst the people who were introduced to Sonic during the GameCube era onwards, Shadow is much more important than Tails.
Shadow is also much more popular than Tails. Little effort to include a bonus fan favorite that will cause a ton of hype.

SonicMario

Smash Master

It entirely depends on what Sakurai is wiliing to do for a 2nd rep to a 3rd Party franchise. If he's willing to go all out on a character to the point of at least Semi-Clone status then yeah Tails should come before Shadow.

But if he'd rather do the bare minimum on development while also addressing a noticeable long request since Brawl (Like if you still check many Brawl modding sites, the most overdone ones are definitely Shadow the Hedgehog mods)

And unfortunately I just can't see both happening (Beyond maybe the chance of DLC packs that contain one unique/semi-clone and a free echo). Though to be honest I could also see Sonic being alone again, which would be fine by me. Any of the three situations I see happening I could be fine with. My least wanted would be just Shadow as an Echo, but at least that would just tell me Sakurai doesn't want to put too much effort in more reps for a 3rd Party franchise. My most wanted would be Tails as a semi-clone in DLC. But if neither happen that's ok, Sonic was already the big dream since Brawl. I'm just glad Sonic's stayed this long and will surely stay even further now.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Does anyone have that article of Sakurai saying not to expect many newcomers in the game after brawl?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone have that article of Sakurai saying not to expect many newcomers in the game after brawl?
I don't think he ever said that. There were plenty of Newcomers after Brawl.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Well even during the direct, before the Ridley reveal, he said that same exact thing, "to not expect too many newcomers this time around." I'm not sure about the Brawl thing, but I'm sure that's something he went back on given the amount of newcomers in Smash 4 alone.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I am underestimating Shadow's popularity. I guess to me prioritizing Shadow over Tails just feels weird. but that is probably just my own bias.

Now he're a question. what are the chances that we'll see a character reveal at EVO? I'm still pushing for us to get one as part of a major tournament what with nintendo's clear focus on supporting the pro scene with this game.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I've been going back and forth on which new Pokemon has the best chances, and it's really hard since there's so many good candidates. Idk, maybe it's just because I don't like Mimikyu or Lycanroc.

But I found this one today and think it's really interesting, so I wanted to share it.

Nihilego, a Rock/Poison Ultra Beast. It's heavily involved in the story, and given how story focused SM/USM are, I feel like adding a Legendary/UB would be a good idea. I have no idea how to gauge its popularity but it's just a really weird Pokemon that would be an interesting pick in Smash. For the non-Pokemon players, Nihilego is basically a parasite. It's a jellyfish that exudes mind-controlling neurotoxins to make the target under its control (and it does this in the story in the games). And yes, it is a jellyfish despite having no connection to water or the Water-type. I have no idea why it's a Rock-type when it's Rock-type moves are just Power Gem, Stealth Rock, Sandstorm and Head Smash...) It's also a villain in the storyline, so those of us wanting a Pokemon baddie will finally have someone, as Mewtwo isn't really a villain outside of the first movie.

A Smash moveset would likely make heavy use of its Poison-typing, which makes sense as it's literally a 4 foot tall neurotoxin. My idea would be kind of like this:

Size: Peach-ish size, mostly because it floats.
Weight: 82, same as Falco/Little Mac. It's only got 47 Defense, and it floats like Mewtwo.
Walk Speed: 1.2, same as Charizard/Mewtwo. It's faster than Charizard in-game, and the floating probably makes it fast too.
Run Speed: 1.95, same as Roy.
Air Speed: 1.2, same as ZSS. Since it's floaty and from outer space, it should be very comfortable in the air.
Air Accel: 1.11, same as Peach. See above for reasoning.
Jump Height: 55, just under Mewtwo. It's a levitating Pokemon so jumping should be really easy.

Fighter concept: Poison debuff. This is captured with it's neutral special.

B: Toxic. A chargeable move with a small AOE in front of Nihilego at full charge. This move doesn't do damage, but puts a poison effect on the target similar to Olimar's White Pikmin. A poisoned target will have the poisoned symbol from RBY/GSC displayed on their section of the HUD. The longer the charge, the longer the poison is applied. At a max charge of 3 seconds, the effect lasts for 11 seconds. Like other chargeable moves, it can be cancelled into shield or roll to store the charge. While the poison is applied, the target takes increased damage and slowly gains percent (1% per second).

Forward Special: Venoshock. Nihilego sends out a wave of poison in front of it, reducing in height as it travels (maxing out at 1/3 of Battlefield). It does 10% normally, but 25% on a poisoned foe with increased knockback.

Down Special: Venom Drench. Nihilego spits out a poison blob out in both directions, similar in size to Water Gun. Opponents hit by it won't take damage, but will take a debuff that reduces their damage dealt and increases knockback received (the downsides of Shulk's Smash art). This lasts for 5 seconds, or until the Poison effect ends.

Up Special: Head Smash. An angleable Up Special like Fox or Ridley, this move sends Nihilego flying. Unlike theirs, it can be charged to increase damage and speed (much like Skull Bash). However, charging it inflicts recoil damage, increasing the longer it is charged (like Kirby's Hammer). But at max charge, the damage is pretty crazy.

Tilts and Smashes would be various uses of rocks (Power Gem) or poisonous clouds (Acid, Poison Jab). Like ZSS, the Down Smash doesn't deal knockback, but instead applies the poison effect through a Toxic Spike. The jab is Headbutt and the pummel is Constrict.

Final Smash: Sludge Wave. Nihilego unleashes a forward facing beam that leads to a cinematic where it unleashes a torrent of poison on its targets. This deals a base damage of 30% and applies the poison effect. A target already poisoned will be instantly KOed.

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
I can't remember if I posted my predictions in this thread, but here they are anyway:

I think that all of these characters are happening, but still, from most likely to least likely:

King K. Rool
Simon Belmont
Chorus Kids
Dark Samus
Mimikyu
Bandana Dee
Elma
Dixie Kong

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So I've gone and asked this in the Rate Their Chances, as the reason for this question came about from the days ratings, but the question I have to ask is probably better suited to this thread in the long term.

Akin to how we now have Inklings added as newcomers to represent Splatoon, what Nintendo series do you thing is the most likely to get a playable rep at this point? I expect their be at least 2 more Nintendo series represented with newcomers myself, but some might expect 1, some might expect no more, some might expect more than that; all perfectly legit answers. My main question though is, of all of Nintendo's series yet to have a playable rep, which do you think are most likely to get in?
ARMS. After that, Rhythm Heaven. The reason is obvious since its Nintendo newest notable IP. Characters can work well in Smash and a lot of Nintendo fans want it. It's really just the Smash community that doesn't see it happening, but with how often these fan theories blow up and how poor predictions have been in the past, I think it's best to disregard it. Rhythm Heaven depends on how much Sakurai wants to revisit the idea from Smash Wii U (which I hope he does). Outside of those and maybe Dillon's Rolling Western, don't really see another series that makes a whole lot of sense.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
ARMS. After that, Rhythm Heaven. The reason is obvious since its Nintendo newest notable IP. Characters can work well in Smash and a lot of Nintendo fans want it. It's really just the Smash community that doesn't see it happening, but with how often these fan theories blow up and how poor predictions have been in the past, I think it's best to disregard it. Rhythm Heaven depends on how much Sakurai wants to revisit the idea from Smash Wii U (which I hope he does). Outside of those and maybe Dillon's Rolling Western, don't really see another series that makes a whole lot of sense.
The Smash community doesn’t see it happening because they know that the project plan for Smash Ultimate was done around 2015, so ARMS would have likely not factored in. Spring Man is a lock for DLC though, thankfully.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The Smash community doesn’t see it happening because they know that the project plan for Smash Ultimate was done around 2015, so ARMS would have likely not factored in. Spring Man is a lock for DLC though, thankfully.
That would depend on when ARMS began development. As a flagship Switch title (getting special attention in the Switch reveal trailer alongside 1-2 Switch and BotW), they probably spent a lot of time building it (there isn't any information on the game's development though, but as the game was revealed in January 2017, it was at least in development for most of 2016, right when Smash U was developing as well. Considering the hype that was put into the game by Nintendo, and how Sakurai says Nintendo calls the shots, I feel like once Sakurai knew ARMS was a thing, he made room for Spring Man. Especially because Spring Man is made for this game! Plus, Springtron is such an easy echo as well!

Additionally, the 2015 project plan was also the first plan, not the final plan. As the final plan was definitely made sometime in 2016, it only lends further credence to ARMS having a decent shot at showing up here.

In a similar position was Xenoblade 2, which began development in 2014 during the latter half of XC2's development. Knowing this, I still think Rex has a much better chance than Elma as Elma, evidently, as Sakurai was likely aware of the new game's protagonist and pushed in it.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That would depend on when ARMS began development. As a flagship Switch title (getting special attention in the Switch reveal trailer alongside 1-2 Switch and BotW), they probably spent a lot of time building it (there isn't any information on the game's development though, but as the game was revealed in January 2017, it was at least in development for most of 2016, right when Smash U was developing as well. Considering the hype that was put into the game by Nintendo, and how Sakurai says Nintendo calls the shots, I feel like once Sakurai knew ARMS was a thing, he made room for Spring Man. Especially because Spring Man is made for this game! Plus, Springtron is such an easy echo as well!

Additionally, the 2015 project plan was also the first plan, not the final plan. As the final plan was definitely made sometime in 2016, it only lends further credence to ARMS having a decent shot at showing up here.

In a similar position was Xenoblade 2, which began development in 2014 during the latter half of XC2's development. Knowing this, I still think Rex has a much better chance than Elma as Elma, evidently, as Sakurai was likely aware of the new game's protagonist and pushed in it.
It would still be a risk to begin work on a character from an unproven series. For all Sakurai knew, ARMS would flop and/or be poorly received, and he would have another Corrin on his hands.

As for Rex and Pyra, it could go either way, given that we do know of development for them already being underway by that 2015 date.

Ultimately, in a game going for fanservice like this one has been sold, I doubt we’ll get two newcomers from games that hadn’t been released by the time the project plan was made. They’re both locks for DLC imo.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The Smash community has a bad track record. Good example. People swore up and down that Villager wouldn't be in Smash based on a comment in made in the Iwata Ask about why there was no Animal Crossing character. People said it wouldn't happen despite newer users saying it would. Rest is history.

I've gone over time and time again why the idea is bad. You are making a huge assumption about a game still in development. We only know when the proposal was made, not when any characters were decided. This also denies the fact that these games were likely in development while Smash Ultimate entered development (Mario Kart 8 released mid 2014 and the last DLC came out mid 2015. The plans for the Switch were likely decided, at the lastest, late

I want to highlight this because besides the fact it agrees with my point, Starbound brought up something interesting. Essentially, we can come up with alternate realities where X event happened and because we don't know what is happening behind the scenes, we can't say one is true. Ergo, we can't say that the character was excluded because of development timing.

For example, I've made the case that Springman would be added to the game because Sakurai would want to add a "Switch era character" similar to what he has done with other characters. ARMS was one of the games to showcase the Switch alongside 1-2-Switch, so Sakurai would add the ARMS characters to represent the Switch. Starbound went with a different route saying that ARMS was close enough in development and due to Nintendo's pressure and the success of the game he was added. Both of these could be true. They are just as likely as the scenario where ARMS missed the boat. Therefore, we can't claim the characters wont be in because any scenario is just as likely. You can't say definitively that your scenario is what happened yet you need it to be the case.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Smash community has a bad track record. Good example. People swore up and down that Villager wouldn't be in Smash based on a comment in made in the Iwata Ask about why there was no Animal Crossing character. People said it wouldn't happen despite newer users saying it would. Rest is history.

I've gone over time and time again why the idea is bad. You are making a huge assumption about a game still in development. We only know when the proposal was made, not when any characters were decided. This also denies the fact that these games were likely in development while Smash Ultimate entered development (Mario Kart 8 released mid 2014 and the last DLC came out mid 2015. The plans for the Switch were likely decided, at the lastest, late

I want to highlight this because besides the fact it agrees with my point, Starbound brought up something interesting. Essentially, we can come up with alternate realities where X event happened and because we don't know what is happening behind the scenes, we can't say one is true. Ergo, we can't say that the character was excluded because of development timing.

For example, I've made the case that Springman would be added to the game because Sakurai would want to add a "Switch era character" similar to what he has done with other characters. ARMS was one of the games to showcase the Switch alongside 1-2-Switch, so Sakurai would add the ARMS characters to represent the Switch. Starbound went with a different route saying that ARMS was close enough in development and due to Nintendo's pressure and the success of the game he was added. Both of these could be true. They are just as likely as the scenario where ARMS missed the boat. Therefore, we can't claim the characters wont be in because any scenario is just as likely. You can't say definitively that your scenario is what happened yet you need it to be the case.
Easy, I was just laying out the reasons why most people here dismiss Spring Man’s chances. I don’t really agree, but I don’t expect Spring Man in Smash for other reasons (despite the fact that I would be really be happy if he were in). I don’t appreciate your tone, so please let’s keep things polite.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
https://mobile.twitter.com/Virum_SD/status/1013939722870116353

They may have lied about bayonetta winning

Some miners located bayonetta data in version 1.0.6 that was two weeks after the ballot started

In version 1.0.8 that's when corrin was added (when that final place holder popped up in the data)

The ballot was probably for newcomers for ultimate the whole time and that's "everyone is here" all the veterans not in smash 4 including :ultridley: and :ultdaisy: might have ben higher than her

Maybe some of the costumes in the final package in smash 4 are the real winners and part development for smash ultimate

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It would still be a risk to begin work on a character from an unproven series. For all Sakurai knew, ARMS would flop and/or be poorly received, and he would have another Corrin on his hands.
Corrins game didn't flop though? (and I don't think Sakurai is very worried about people complaining about characters, I mean Dark Pit exists)

I feel like a better analogy would be if Sakurai had decided to add Henry Fleming as a character in Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Edit: Huh I just checked and Henry Flemings game came out AFTER the last Smash game, weird it feels so long ago that Codename Steam came out.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Kirby Twitter teased another character.

Imagine if they teased newcomers in Smash like this...

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
https://mobile.twitter.com/Virum_SD/status/1013939722870116353

They may have lied about bayonetta winning

Some miners located bayonetta data in version 1.0.6 that was two weeks after the ballot started

In version 1.0.8 that's when corrin was added (when that final place holder popped up in the data)

The ballot was probably for newcomers for ultimate the whole time and that's "everyone is here" all the veterans not in smash 4 including :ultridley: and :ultdaisy: might have ben higher than her

Maybe some of the costumes in the final package in smash 4 are the real winners and part development for smash ultimate
Even if that’s the case, I don’t think we were exactly lied to. It was never explicitly said they would definitely create characters for the ones with the most votes, or that it would even be for that game alone. nobody liked hearing it being called a suggestion box, but in all honesty sakurai could have just seen which characters stood out and picked through or passed over whichever ones he wanted. Even having those characters put in place soon after the ballot started, I’m sure they received a flood of them without having to wait till it ended to get an idea of what they wanted.

Idk to me it’s not that big of a deal, we’re getting some of those requests here, and the most he probably garnered from the ballot was how many people wanted veterans back.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Even if that’s the case, I don’t think we were exactly lied to. It was never explicitly said they would definitely create characters for the ones with the most votes, or that it would even be for that game alone. nobody liked hearing it being called a suggestion box, but in all honesty sakurai could have just seen which characters stood out and picked through or passed over whichever ones he wanted. Even having those characters put in place soon after the ballot started, I’m sure they received a flood of them without having to wait till it ended to get an idea of what they wanted.

Idk to me it’s not that big of a deal, we’re getting some of those requests here, and the most he probably garnered from the ballot was how many people wanted veterans back.
What they told us was true, from a certain point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom