• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEWBS FOR BRAWL III Tournament!!!-[UPDATE] MELEE SINGLES ADDED Waterbury, CT Aug 23rd

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I kind of agree with you but I don't want to ha....I REALLY hope more people show up for Melee than that so we can keep it as an on going event in the future and get some more Melee hype in CT.

phish-it

Smash Champion
I really do hope (enough) people enter the Melee tournament. Because I know alot of them probably still play melee.

Voidious

Smash Apprentice
If you play Melee than I look forward to meeting you. :)

If not, have fun with Brawl.
Actually, we met at ESTICLE, with the crappy service at BK before Brawl singles. =) I realized after that I didn't mention my name.

I've played tons of Melee, loved it, and I'm considering getting back into it along side Brawl. But I never played it competitively, or even outside a small circle of friends. I didn't even know of things like L-canceling and Wave Dashing until late 2007, and by then I wasn't playing as much, so I'm sure I'd get destroyed. I'd almost rather wait until my Brawl skills are up to snuff before revisiting Melee.

But we'll see - maybe I'll decide to contribute to your Melee pot. ;)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I plan to enter melee even though I'll get last place. I always wanted to enter a melee tourney. Losing is fun too.

I'll also enter brawl singles, maybe doubles if I can get a partner.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
It's good to hear people are going for melee too I was hoping to get like 25 entrants in it, that would be pretty cool but I doubt that MM11 only had 25 I think.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I plan to enter melee even though I'll get last place. I always wanted to enter a melee tourney. Losing is fun too.

I'll also enter brawl singles, maybe doubles if I can get a partner.
I like your attitude sir! I have not met you and I already like you....even if you main Ness.

:)

If you play Brawl....at least use someone cool like Marth, Sheik, or Fox. (Melee tiers :laugh:)

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
sadly i am no longer coming to this since im going to the guilty gear tournament that is the same day

p.s. poffy it was a 18% reverse blazer kill and it is by far one of the sexiest things i've seen ever

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Haha yea I've noticed that. I also noticed that he doesn't tell people to use Falco which makes me lol. How come you hate on Falco Garret?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Fairly certain I'm coming to this. I'll have a full set up with me.

Question, if I prereg, do I need to know everything I'll be singing up for 100%. Or can I say, I'll be there for Brawl Singles and if I find a partner than sign up?

Shrug, pre-reg confuses me for somereason, and I don't understand why. It's such a simple concept... I blame having worked 12 hours feeling really sick.

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Fairly certain I'm coming to this. I'll have a full set up with me.

Question, if I prereg, do I need to know everything I'll be singing up for 100%. Or can I say, I'll be there for Brawl Singles and if I find a partner than sign up?

Shrug, pre-reg confuses me for somereason, and I don't understand why. It's such a simple concept... I blame having worked 12 hours feeling really sick.
yeah pre reg is just to give me an idea whos joining what event so I can seed accordingly, BUT since no one pre registered that totally killed my idea of making things easier. So for you guys just bring money and whatever event you feel like joining, join. Also for the venue I will have pictures up soon so you guys have something to look for to make things easier.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I'll team with you at this one Ace if you go, unless you wanna team with Emmy if she goes instead. If not, how about I team with Ref?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I'll be up for teaming with you Kevin so yeah, whatever happens no problem.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
How come you hate on Falco Garret?
It's Garrett, and Falco is not as fun as Fox is at all in Brawl.

Falco is a camping character in brawl...which makes me sad. The fact that Falcos Melee game is pretty much completey ripped apart makes me admire Fox more. He still has two lagless aerials....his nair and his dair while falcos aerials have been nerfed significantly.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
You're really bothered that they made Falco even less of a clone and more of his own character POF? I mean I can understand prefering Melee and all that, but making a clone more of an independent character really doesn't seem like a negative.

Bizkit, yeah, same deal. Sorry to keep saying the "If Emmy doesn't show" thing but I play her all the time so we already know each other pretty well and I think i can work with her well. Plus she and I always end up at the same tourney's so if it goes well a consistent partner can only be a plus. We'll totally team at some point though, promise.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Clone is a term that's open to debate I guess. Either way, my point still stands. They made Falco LESS like Fox. Made them both more individual than they were in Melee. It seems like a good move, imo. Even if it changes what his main strats were from Melee.

Top Bottom