• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 23 // MGS3 Villains Mafia - Game Over

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
The reason behind not lynching Monstrmrna is mostly gut. I know he hasn't been talking a lot, but he seems very neutral to me. Not town, not mafia.
Also I've noticed it looks like we're buddying here. He gave his opinion on me as town and he seems very odd to place in the group of people not to lynch I made. I'm not mafia, I don't know if he is, but I feel like it was necessary to address this before anyone pointed this out.
Was about to call my last question pointless but I still want your opinion on his subtle case on you.

#HBC | ѕoup

Monstmrna said:
I suppose I would be willing to lynch STEM, but I don't really have a scum read on him as much as I'm simply watching him. Right now, I'd place him around the level of suspicion I have for Vinyl. Namely: Not really that much at all.
Once again, you're putting him at arm's reach here, you need be more clear about your statements.

#HBC | ѕoup

Badwolf's whole point to me being scum was that I was just watching everyone and stated that I do that as an IC as scum, I refuted his statement and corrected it stating that I have never been scum as an IC.

#HBC | ѕoup

You're being stupid. Read what I say and think about the context before posting, I hate to be blunt like this but I simply won't put up with this, one thing you need to work on Vinyl. in mafia is actually reading posts and thinking before you post. You will never improve if you don't follow these steps.

STEM

Smash Cadet
No, I don't think you did. Point it out otherwise, because all I see from you is saying "no scum suspicions yet" and then a post on you saying I was suspicious for that troll post.
You're right, I didn't post that, I just went back to check. I should've said something, but then again my mindset in the beginning was to read more and post less.

Really? Your reasons for your suspicions on Badwolf and Vinyl are very weak though. Did it really take you a re-read to finally come to that conclusion?

Also consider you say you re-read, but you only mentioned those two scum reads because BSP asked you to, not because you were being pro-active.

Also, can you tell me what exactly about Badwolf's reactions make him scummy to you?

Also, my question to you was how aggressiveness = scummyness.

Bold + Underlined:

You say the reason for not lynching Monstrmna is because of gut, and that he is neutral to you. Why would you want to save someone who is only neutral to you? (Your other two reads, me and Soup, are town reads correct?, how does Monstrmna fit with town reads for 'not lynching'?)
I reread because I forget quite easily, I also need to reread to figure out motives of posts. I'm not that great at analyzing, and this is much more similar to English class/analyzing passages than the mafia I'm used to (Epicmafia).

This seemed angry to me:
That question is stupid. I agree with Soup. No matter what I am I'm always going to say no. So, no I'm not. Why are you asking such a WIFOM question?
He could've said "no".
That + him overanalyzing the answer to that question led me to suspicion.

Aggressive = scumminess, again probably because I play on epicmafia, it's just something I noticed as I played. Generally, the one that talks more in a discussion/argument and points fingers is mafia. There hasn't been really that much discussion/argument except the Vinyl L-1 thing though.

Yes I think you and soup are town. Monstrmna seems neutral, as in I can't read him. I"m not really quick to lynch, hence we shouldn't lynch him yet.

Why? What do you think about his slight case on you and him casting doubt on you yet kind of keeping you at arms reach?
I explained why we shouldn't lynch him (yet).
Him keeping me at arm's reach...something I didn't really notice. It sounded like a simple opinion until you posted this. This changed my opinion on monstrmna. He doesn't seem so neutral anymore, especially considering the wait and see thing in this post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14843992&postcount=159
Again, I usually don't see mafia doing that on epicmafia so I have to take your word for it on this tactic.
unvote
Vote: Monstmrna

So you thought about the rest of us thinking you're buddying. Interesting.
I don't think you think we're buddying, I just think someone may think that way in the future, and I wanted to point out that I noticed it before anyone points fingers at me for this, especially if Monstmrna turns up mafia

BSP

Smash Legend
Soup, when you say "army's reach", do you mean being wishy washy and not taking a clear side?

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
Army=arm

Dumb auto correct

Stem said:
There hasn't been really that much discussion/argument except the Vinyl L-1 thing though.
1. I disagree with this. You could have been questioning Ran, me, Soup, and Vinyl at the least.

2. If you believed this, why didn't you do anything to change it? You want to get the mafia lynched, don't you?

I have people I'm ready to lynch toDay, but I'm not giving it until I see more from the v/la'ers.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see.

Stem is scum. He states he doesn't have suspicion, yet when asked, he comes up with some. His responses don't alleviate my concerns. It seems he stated suspicions to appease BSP. Also, I don't see his reasons for his scumreads for being a result of a re-read. I also find his vote on Monstrmna opportunistic, rather, I think it's a bus. He originally said he wouldn't want to lynch him, yet is fine now. He mentions he didn't notice Monsta 'keeping him at an arms notice', yet has re-read and has also noted that Monsta didn't talk much. Also keep in mind Monsta's 'actions' were recent, and Stem acts as it's something that had happened in the past that he somehow didn't see. (This seems like a cover up so he can move onto Monsta and hope that he survives)

I thought soup was ran. My bad.

I thought about what Vinyl said, reread, read what others said, and perhaps my wording was a little too strong. I don't mean that I'm that suspicious, I just think it'sslightly possible that his trolling had intent. I noted that we should watch him more carefully in my original post, right?

The reason behind not lynching Monstrmrna is mostly gut. I know he hasn't been talking a lot, but he seems very neutral to me. Not town, not mafia.
Also I've noticed it looks like we're buddying here. He gave his opinion on me as town and he seems very odd to place in the group of people not to lynch I made. I'm not mafia, I don't know if he is, but I feel like it was necessary to address this before anyone pointed this out.

Also to define what I mean by aggressive people and how we shouldn't lynch them, I think that at least one of them is mafia (not sure which), but it's not worth the risk to lynch a great player who's potentially town.
Underlined, he tried to justify his weak suspicion on Vinyl by saying that he had already noted it, yet he hasn't at all. This just seems more like an excuse and I find it scummy as well.

Vote: Stem

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
And of course, Monsta is scum with him.

Soup is town. BSP town. Vinyl null-town. Bad downgraded to null.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw, Monstrmna came in and viewed right after Soup voted him. Just so you guys know.

STEM

Smash Cadet
Army=arm

Dumb auto correct

1. I disagree with this. You could have been questioning Ran, me, Soup, and Vinyl at the least.

2. If you believed this, why didn't you do anything to change it? You want to get the mafia lynched, don't you?

I have people I'm ready to lynch toDay, but I'm not giving it until I see more from the v/la'ers.

I could have. I don't know what else to say to this. I don't like questioning people? I don't even know what to ask, other than "what are your suspicions" but that's been covered already

Of course I want to see mafia get lynched. I don't really know how to go about creating this discussion as I noted before. Only mafia I play usually has a cop and starts at night, so there is usually discussion between cop, cc's, etc. Never done stuff like this before.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Another thing: I have played off-site in mafia, and have also been confronted with the 'aggressive people who want to lynch are scum' meta. Stem coming in and just laying now, and being neutral (not having suspects, not pushing anything) seems like something Mafia would do with the perspective of thinking Mafia are usually aggressive, which isn't true here. It also makes sense with Stem posting statements that don't really PUSH people at all, just disagree with things while being all fluffy and nice.

#HBC | ѕoup

Let's talk IC to IC. What happens when one flips town if such a thing happens? And why STEM over Monstmrna?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think ttar had the right to be annoyed. Who knows if someone, town or mafia, would hammer? This is a newbie game and someone may lynch out of suspicion.

Personally I think that question isn't that bad. Sometimes people answer with "yes, lololol jk".
I've seen mafia do this before to look town (they think "what mafia would ever admit to being mafia?")
Basically, if you ask that question and someone jokingly answers "yes", I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they're mafia, but I would definitely fos them
At this time it's hard for me to get reads anyone. I'm not used to this style (Tell me what you think about him, accusing and stuff) so I wait for more posts before I get a real opinion on anyone. Plus, badwolf barely even did anything. He voted for me, which from what I can tell isn't a big deal in RVS, and someone voted for him saying "it was only fitting". That's the only thing I'm confused about.
All these statements (especially the underlined) are either empty, or trying to push something without really trying to push it. Get me?

Soup I'll get at you

STEM

Smash Cadet
I see.

Stem is scum. He states he doesn't have suspicion, yet when asked, he comes up with some. His responses don't alleviate my concerns. It seems he stated suspicions to appease BSP. Also, I don't see his reasons for his scumreads for being a result of a re-read. I also find his vote on Monstrmna opportunistic, rather, I think it's a bus. He originally said he wouldn't want to lynch him, yet is fine now. He mentions he didn't notice Monsta 'keeping him at an arms notice', yet has re-read and has also noted that Monsta didn't talk much. Also keep in mind Monsta's 'actions' were recent, and Stem acts as it's something that had happened in the past that he somehow didn't see. (This seems like a cover up so he can move onto Monsta and hope that he survives)

Underlined, he tried to justify his weak suspicion on Vinyl by saying that he had already noted it, yet he hasn't at all. This just seems more like an excuse and I find it scummy as well.

Vote: Stem
I state suspicions when asked because I feel like I need to say something. It just seems that you guys keep going on about how we should talk what we feel, yet I truly don't know. I try to think of something, and I give the best I got.

However, this is probably the first thing that I have a strong opinion about. I find this post incredibly accusatory (not in a "i'm offended" type of way, more of a "lynching inno's" type of way). I think you're mafia, not in OMGUS, and you're trying to get an easy kill on me. I don't find your reasons very persuasive at all.

As I noted before, I'm need to reread to figure out motives of posts and I'm not that great at analyzation. I didn't notice him keeping me at arm's notice, not noticing as in a "it was in the post but I didn't notice (wasn't in my face)" not as in a "Oh i missed that post from [previous time]"

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Let's talk IC to IC. What happens when one flips town if such a thing happens? And why STEM over Monstmrna?
I would still lynch the other one. They are both very scummy individually. And I was initially going for Stem in the first place. Also, I like counter wagons because of information. I want to see what people choose and why.

Do you think it's possible the chances are higher Monstrmna will flip scum than Stem?

#HBC | ѕoup

Ranmaru, Tag me in brother, I'm about to chokeslam this scum.

. Monstrmna seems neutral, as in I can't read him. I"m not really quick to lynch, hence we shouldn't lynch him yet.
But you clearly oppose to this ideal and vote him because of what reason? Watch the bolded, it's gonna be important soon enough.

I explained why we shouldn't lynch him (yet).
Him keeping me at arm's reach...something I didn't really notice. It sounded like a simple opinion until you posted this. This changed my opinion on monstrmna. He doesn't seem so neutral anymore, especially considering the wait and see thing in this post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....&postcount=159
Again, I usually don't see mafia doing that on epicmafia so I have to take your word for it on this tactic.
unvote
Vote: Monstmrna
You simply don't have any reason to vote Monstmrna, it shouldn't take me to point out something and for you to be willing to lynch Monstmrna considering the fact you said you don't like to lynch early or were looking for an excuse. You state that:

I"m not really quick to lynch, hence we shouldn't lynch him yet.
Yet you vote him clearly and go against your own statements? What I don't like from both of you that you have an odd distancing going on for both of you, Monstrmna is really subtle about a push and seems to keep his options open and you're not even aware. Concluding this opinion, you're hiding behind epicmafia tells and using it as an excuse. You're just looking for a back door and you only waited to vote until after I explained it.

Unvote; Vote: STEM

Bag and gag.

#HBC | ѕoup

Oops
Vote: Ranmaru
What is this? No, seriously, what is this? I thought Ranmaru was town? He pulls a case out on you and you're suddenly flailing and voting him. Get lynched.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ranmaru said:
I would still lynch the other one. They are both very scummy individually. And I was initially going for Stem in the first place. Also, I like counter wagons because of information. I want to see what people choose and why.

Do you think it's possible the chances are higher Monstrmna will flip scum than Stem?
I do, but what STEM just did was nasty. I don't even care if we quicklynch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I state suspicions when asked because I feel like I need to say something. It just seems that you guys keep going on about how we should talk what we feel, yet I truly don't know. I try to think of something, and I give the best I got.

However, this is probably the first thing that I have a strong opinion about. I find this post incredibly accusatory (not in a "i'm offended" type of way, more of a "lynching inno's" type of way). I think you're mafia, not in OMGUS, and you're trying to get an easy kill on me. I don't find your reasons very persuasive at all.

As I noted before, I'm need to reread to figure out motives of posts and I'm not that great at analyzation. I didn't notice him keeping me at arm's notice, not noticing as in a "it was in the post but I didn't notice (wasn't in my face)" not as in a "Oh i missed that post from [previous time]"
Bold, that's the thing. Why did you feel the need to give suspicions (that were very weak btw) when asked, instead of giving them before? Get me?

Underlined, what is wrong with accusing you? How is my post trying to get an easy kill on you, when no one was actually voting you at all? Also, you are being hypocritical here because you yourself voted Monstrmna after a wagon started to form up on him. I would say you were trying to get an easy lynch, not me.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787

I think I just read enough.

Vote: STEM

#HBC | ѕoup

This is GG if it's STEM and Monstmrna. If not, I'll have think things through again.

STEM

Smash Cadet
Yea it seems I didn't play well this round. Call me a defeatist, but I seem to have dug myself into a hole too deep. This game is way more serious than I thought.
I'll take advice of being more aggressive for next game I play probably
I'll just vote myself to get this over with? Vote: STEM
I'm town by the way

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol you are town and you self vote?

GET OUT OF TOWN

STEM

Smash Cadet
I kinda want to get out of this round ASAP and start fresh In a new one. Someone else would probably swoop in and vote me anyway do it didn't matter

#HBC | ѕoup

Do not ever self-vote if you are town!!!!!

It sucks you got lynched, but don't just give up. You just accepted defeat and basically got yourself lynched. I'm not going to feel bad regardless of alignment.

I'll take advice of being more aggressive for next game I play probably
No, it's not about being aggressive. You did fine for your first time but you giving up is major points off your play here. Never give up and simply self-vote.

Top Bottom