• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 17 - Breaking Bad Mafia! Game over! Who won?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
Deadline 5/16, 11:59 PM EST

Vinyl. [0]
Anomandaris_Rake [0]
Ori_bro [3] Jdietz, Vinyl, Orboknown
Bardull [0]
Shottymaster [0]
Jdietz [1] Ori_bro
Orboknown [0]
J [0]

Not voting: Bardull, Shottymaster., Anomandaris_Rake, J

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie

A question for Rake/Orbo/Vinyl/Bardull/Shotty. Who would like to tell me the difference between Ori's response to the pressure mounting on him or Ditzy's response to the pressure mounting on him? Tell me who you think is the more likely to flip scum out of these two people. If you must, give like a number figure. What makes them scummier over the other candidate?

I think this game needs a little...magic to spruce it up a bit since it is becoming a bit dry.
Ori's response feels a lot more legit.

This especially makes me suspicious of JD.

Maybe I should just stop caring: buck up and be honest and say I don't give a rat's *** if anyone but me or Orbo dies right here and right now, because it wouldn't be far from the truth.
So what he just said is that he couldn't care less if anyone but yourself or Orbo were to die. That's the single scummiest statement I've heard ever. He clearly has no town intent at heart, judging from this post. Now I clearly see why J was pushing for your lynch earlier.

I just want people to flip. I don't care who, part of me doesn't even think I would care if it was me at this point so I'd at least be done.
Flipping = the person dies. So he just wants people to die and he really doesn't care who it is, not even himself because he knows that J will get him lynched sooner or later anyway.

You look pretty damn scummy to me JD.

Bardull, I'd like to know your thoughts on JD since you're the new replacement.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
In my read, I thought JD was fine. I can understand his frustration because things aren't going the way he wants them to. For example, he wanted to push for a lynch on J earlier on in this day phase, but a lynch on J isn't going to happen for a handful of reasons. Lots of players trust J right now simply for the fact that he's an IC for starters. This makes him an especially powerful presence in the game because players will be reluctant to push against him.

However, Jdietz should not be getting frustrated and he needs to understand that this is a TEAM GAME. I used to get pretty angry whenever things weren't going my way in Mafia games, but I've decided that sometimes the world is going to be against me and that's just how it's going to be, deal.

Jdietz getting angry about the progression of this game and how slow it's going is NOT inherently scummy, it's null.

I still think JD is town just based on my earlier read. However I need to look at what J is referring to regarding JD's reaction. Which I'm going to do right now.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Rake, where is your vote going now that it is not on Bardull.

Hi Bardull! Thanks for replacing in! Zen, I just can read him well. That's not a real reason but the reason I like Orbo/Zen is because I can't see the scummy intent behind that slot's posts. Orbo is trying to figure out who is scum and seems to be looking at things and analyzing material he has. What exactly do you find scummy about that slot moreso than they just are?
I pretty much explained it already. It doesn't make sense for Zen to just push on Ran the way he did. I don't think he'd push Kary like that so obviously so I THINK he's an Ice mafioso. I mean if you look at the way he pushed Ran, he pretty much just calls Ran scum at the drop of a hat and doesn't look at the Town side of Ran. Something about that just spells wrong to me.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
JD bro, talk to me. What's going on through your head? Are you hella angry at everyone in this game? It looks to be like you think EVERYONE IS SCUM. Dafuq?

BarDulL

Town Vampire

A question for Rake/Orbo/Vinyl/Bardull/Shotty. Who would like to tell me the difference between Ori's response to the pressure mounting on him or Ditzy's response to the pressure mounting on him? Tell me who you think is the more likely to flip scum out of these two people. If you must, give like a number figure. What makes them scummier over the other candidate?

I think this game needs a little...magic to spruce it up a bit since it is becoming a bit dry.
Obviously Ori is more calm in his approach while JD is getting annoyed and angry. What I don't understand however is why you're not trying to delve into the context of why he's angry and why Ori is calm and patient. We're working with two different characters here, after all. Personality is important, we're not just machines.

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
In my read, I thought JD was fine. I can understand his frustration because things aren't going the way he wants them to. For example, he wanted to push for a lynch on J earlier on in this day phase, but a lynch on J isn't going to happen for a handful of reasons. Lots of players trust J right now simply for the fact that he's an IC for starters. This makes him an especially powerful presence in the game because players will be reluctant to push against him.

However, Jdietz should not be getting frustrated and he needs to understand that this is a TEAM GAME. I used to get pretty angry whenever things weren't going my way in Mafia games, but I've decided that sometimes the world is going to be against me and that's just how it's going to be, deal.

Jdietz getting angry about the progression of this game and how slow it's going is NOT inherently scummy, it's null.

I still think JD is town just based on my earlier read. However I need to look at what J is referring to regarding JD's reaction. Which I'm going to do right now.
It's not what the underlying message of those posts were that make him seem scummy to me, it's the way he expressed that message.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Still don't like ori.
Bardull makes me feel better about serin's slot.Don't get his push on me being scum for getting at ran.
responding to individual stuff now

Orboknown

Smash Hero
that would as good as condemning the town wouldn't if i turn up nothing of particular use and another townie is lost to NK, then i would have done nothing but create a big mess for town, which is mos def not what i want
I meant just asking osmeone to remove their vote so he wasn't at L1.
Oh yeeaaaaaahhh!

Bardull, I want you reeeeeaaaads!
Oh yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhh vinyl i want you to do stuff.
Bardull, what do you think of me? I'm at L1 and have claimed. When you get closer, do you feel everyone has the wrong guy framed?
Stop being self preservationist and actually do something kthx
Unvote

I really like this post by Ori. o_o

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaap, gotta re-evaluate some thingies first.
I really don't like that post, for reasons JD stated.

Ori has done nothing to scumhunt or paint others well and is just spreading FUD and trying to save himself. JD has at least been scumhunting.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Currently my FoS are as follows,

Serin: He has been inactive not posting anything helpful, he is getting by barely. My main hunch leading to this is that the Mod has been asking for the mafia people to get their actions in each night because the night time deadline was nearly reached and the mafia had yet to complete their action. So by associating his inactivity with the mod's request it seems accurate.

J: The more he posts, the more his scumminess rises to me. When he came in as a replacement, he needed to give off a strong persona of an active townie who wanted to get stuff done. This persona was the ideal way to cover up being mafia. The game was very inactive and when he joined he seemed to be that breath of fresh air the game needed. I mean, I've had suspicions since he was replaced in but now its becoming more clear he could be scum. His buddying with Orbo is kinda leaving a bad feeling with me as well. He is also a main advocate for my lynch when he knows I am town.

Orbo: Something doesn't sit right with me one bit about him. I don't have much to say other than that. I haven't put as much thought into Orbo as I have the other's above.
He doesn't even list JD in his top 3 FoS's yet that is who he is voting for? Ori is just snapping at whoever he can get lynched besides him.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Like can we just lynch scum(aka ori) so i don't have to worry about this thread while im working all weekend?

Now i know sort of how marshy feels

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
JD bro, talk to me. What's going on through your head? Are you hella angry at everyone in this game? It looks to be like you think EVERYONE IS SCUM. Dafuq?
Yeah basically. I had been pretty mad that I've had nothing to work with for the majority of the game so far (though that's being fixed now that we have three replacements), and that it had forced me to come up dry on reads. The only one I could see substantial possible scum of was J after his terrible push on me, and good luck trying to convince players who aren't here to look into a case.

Attitude aside: people need to read and think about what I've said about Ori's post. It's really quite awful from a few different angles. It's brightened my scum-hunting day.

I would like to note that this has been the followup to Ori's "scum-read" on J, pretty cordial:

Since this is the only type of post i will make on my phone, I will respond to your request J.

Vote: JD

I'll still be here on my phone, but i'm at a friend's house.

:phone:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be afk for a couple hours. If you see me viewing the thread, I'm viewing on my phone which I refuse to post mafia stuff on since I always make typos.
also this is ****ing horrible. not gonna post because of typos? making excuses to lurk does NOT fly with me.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Orbo, swf mobile doesn't have a multiquote function. Thats another reason, i despise posting with my phone.

Anywho, just woke up, I'll be getting on my laptop and replying to stuff from late last night/earlier today.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Orbo, swf mobile doesn't have a multiquote function. Thats another reason, i despise posting with my phone.

Anywho, just woke up, I'll be getting on my laptop and replying to stuff from late last night/earlier today.

I know it doesn't. that doesn't mean jack ****. respond to each individual post gogdamnit. just stop making excuses to avoid being more scummy

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
He doesn't even list JD in his top 3 FoS's yet that is who he is voting for? Ori is just snapping at whoever he can get lynched besides him.
Call it as you want, I don't feel like I have enough to push for your lynch or Serin/Bardull,
but the way you have been acting makes me think it is possible
. I'm still thinking you are a scum-null and tbh Bardull is hard to read at this moment in time since he just replaced in.

As for J, it is like what Bardull said in 1203. Him being an IC makes me anyone ifff if I want to push. I think he is scum, but at the same time, I'm kinda nervous to push for him. I know you can never trust an IC but you really do want to trust them.

Like can we just lynch scum(aka ori) so i don't have to worry about this thread while im working all weekend?
I still do not understand why you and JD are hell bent on lynching a townie.

I know it doesn't. that doesn't mean jack ****. respond to each individual post gogdamnit. just stop making excuses to avoid being more scummy
I don't why you are getting so upset, its just a menial thing.

Orbo, I don't know what has happened but you are beginning to act like JD. Most of your recent posts are just a bunch of :salt: because things aren't turning out how you want them to. I know I am town and you are trying to push for my lynch. Because of how you have been acting the past couple pages my scum-null is beginning to lean more scum.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
because i hate things being inactive and i just want a flip to get things moving again. remind how that is salty?
picking apart post in a moment

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Call it as you want, I don't feel like I have enough to push for your lynch or Serin/Bardull,
. I'm still thinking you are a scum-null and tbh Bardull is hard to read at this moment in time since he just replaced in.
Just what about the way I am posting makes it scummy? I think you are scum and I want your lynch. that makes me scummy?

As for J, it is like what Bardull said in 1203. Him being an IC makes me anyone ifff if I want to push. I think he is scum, but at the same time, I'm kinda nervous to push for him. I know you can never trust an IC but you really do want to trust them.
J is town until he acts scummy. I would appreciate him getting to me about vinyl though.

Because you sure as hell aren't acting like a townie. You're only active when you've been put on the chopping block and you're throwing FUD around and AtE'ing with the JD "Im town so wtf" route.

I don't why you are getting so upset, its just a menial thing.
I'll give you that one. Im being impatient atm.
Orbo, I don't know what has happened but you are beginning to act like JD. Most of your recent posts are just a bunch of :salt: because things aren't turning out how you want them to. I know I am town and you are trying to push for my lynch. Because of how you have been acting the past couple pages my scum-null is beginning to lean more scum.
Like i said im having a marshy moment. you haven't been acting like town and you still aren't ****ing scumhunting even when you're neck is under the guillotine.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
EBWOP
Call it as you want, I don't feel like I have enough to push for your lynch or Serin/Bardull, but the way you have been acting makes me think it is possible. I'm still thinking you are a scum-null and tbh Bardull is hard to read at this moment in time since he just replaced in.
Just what about the way I am posting makes it scummy? I think you are scum and I want your lynch. that makes me scummy?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
one last thing.
Ori you've called everyone who has voted for you today scummy except vinyl. why is this?

@JD, J, bardull, and Rake:what do you think of that fact?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I have called Vinyl scummy. He was who I wanted to be lynched D2 before the Vitamin C train started. I paired Vinyl with either Kary or Ran, i forget which (most likely Ran) when ran flipped town I marked him down as town since then. He really hasn't done much to make me change my mind.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Well Congrats on nearing Graduation.

I'll be afk for the rest of the day. Going to see Avengers then seeing my friend's music gig then friends birthday.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Orbo posts continue to be bad.

No one asked you about your read of the Serin/Bardull slot, not did you answer to Orbo's accusation of hopping on whatever wagon floats by despite contradicting your reads.

More FUD, notice how this sentence is an accusation instead of a question. He could have asked "I still do not understand why you and JD are hell bent on lynching me" which could have been a viable question worth answering. However instead he opts to say "I still do not understand why you and JD are hell bent on lynching a townie." More FUD.

apologies if im getting to be like ryker. I don't wanna take it that far.
You'd have to be showing serious levels of personal disrespect and hating people for that outside of games too. Being aggressive in game on a slot and not personal things is totally fine. There's a reason Marshy/EE/Glyph etc. are considered cool bros and Ryker is sometimes dubious.

one last thing.
Ori you've called everyone who has voted for you today scummy except vinyl. why is this?

@JD, J, bardull, and Rake:what do you think of that fact?
Null so far. Vinyl would actually have to do something first to be avoidable, but I'll keep it in mind.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@Shotty - I feel comfortable with JD. I like his stance on Ori and I totally see the self preservation in Ori's play.

Who do you think deserves the lynch right now?

@JD - I like your case on Ori and I'm thinking about jumping on board. Who are Ori's scum mate though, or do you think Ori is the last fire?

@J - Where's your head at?

@Vinyl - Who do you think is scum?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@Rake - Would you still want to push for Orbo right now?

@J - What do you think of Orbo non-chalantly being cool with me and Rake when we have scum reads on him?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Bardull:

If he has a teammate, it'd most likely be someone who thought his post was a good one. That's not set in stone though, we'll have to give his play a careful look after a flip assuming he's Ice for possible partners. (if Fire, it doesn't matter)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Seems this is the only game open for me now.

I'm going to use this extra time to be able to re-read the game a bit and get some actual stuff up and re-confirm a few things. Thanks for the answers to my questions by the way! They gave me insight to some things I am gonna look into now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@J - Where's your head at?
I'm going to get started with this and going through a few of my thoughts based on my readings. I've decided to hang back a bit and read things that everyone else is posting and everyone has posted in the time I have been waiting so I got to see a few things happen that has changed some reads on some slots.

Saving my big change for the end. Makes me sad. :(

man you switch to my man right when im contemplating flipping to lynch your scumspect. we have an odd chemistry going lol.
This is odd, why say this when you had been saying that you had a town-read on Ditzy. One of which that has never been substantiated well nor did you express that you were about to change. However, you change back to a town-read on Ditzy real shortly afterwards.

[collapse=Ditzy and J]
You are the only person I have actually pushed for a lynch. Trying to set up reason to lynch too hard? No, I am pointing things out on you that are scummy. Have you been reading other people's posts against you? They are repeating the exact same responses I am against you because guess what, they also find that as scummy as well.

I'll take the hit on being tunnely which is why I re-evaluated and decided to push Ori atm.

...that was toDay not in twilight yesterDay. You repeat yourself by saying I am reaching for reasoning yet you don't point out how.

You have just listed a bunch of null-tells and have not explained how those are scummy at all. I use .gifs and so do a majority of DGamers when expressing some posts because they are fun to use. Using a word like *shruggers* is not scummy because its just an expression like *sigh*, etc. How is that scummy? Buddying Orbo, how is scummy if he is doing the exact same thing as well by calling me his "town bro 4 life"? You are holding a double standard PURELY because I am attacking you more aggressively.

I have many many more points than those and Orbo had asked me for Soup's reasoning and Soup himself also found your slot scummy as mentioned by also Orbo/Rake/Ori.

Someone asked me if there was another scenario which could be presented w.r.t. Vitamin, why are you using this as a scum-point? You are saying I am doing that to you toDay which isn't true because I am town and I am pushing a scum-read. You say I am setting you up but in my eyes(and other people's) its pushing a scum-read.

Your suspicion of me is full of garbage because you didn't have a read on me until after the fact that I pushed you and you seem more so trying to force a scum-read on me due to my push on you rather than having a legit scum-read on my slot and going after it. You say all you can do is silently just hide and wait when that isn't true at all. Build a case on me, express your distaste, try and convince people why I am scum instead of sitting there like a child and doing nothing to help your cause. If you were town, why would you need to wait until you could convince a minority of the players instead of toDay. if you truly felt this strongly about my slot being scum, you need to actually up the any and show everyone WHY I am scum.

If we are talking fake-suspicions, Ditzy, yours is a hella lot more fake.
No, it was twilight, the Vitamin lynch had been reached. My comment that people spazzed on was on him self hammering remember?

The reason I feel so strongly about this is that it was an innocent comment I made, and you trying to read that far into it feels like reaching for any point to strengthen an arbitrary choice of targets.

I'm not pressuring you that hard because I realize it's mostly vibe and omgus, I'm interested in getting my feelings out there because I have them and they need to be addressed, but I realize my reasoning is petty for an actual lynch at this point. I'd rather have people be looking at it with a critical eye but there's no need to rush to lynch you right this second without more evidence to work with (If Soup could balk and be town, you could be as well). Now the feelings are on the record for when I get lynched or whacked. You're taking a step in the right direction by both talking about it and admitting that you were tunneling which is good though, keep it up and my opinion could turn around. (but if you have your way I'll be dead by then)
[/collapse]

Within these two posts, I bring up points against Ditzy but he does not rebuttal the points against him but tries to talk his way around it. He says his reasoning against me is petty for an actual lynch but he just keeps alluding that he has a "critical eye" at me when that is just showing that he is having a weak push against me and hiding behind that fact. He ONLY seems to care about me when I push him/call him as scum. His suspicion does not seem true and actually seems fake when this is said:

It doesn't feel as if you care about anything besides your image this game........whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
This point still holds true to now when he has been calling everyone scum who ever calls him scum and anyone who calls his OMG SCUM reads town, he says they are next in line.

Maybe I should just stop caring: buck up and be honest and say I don't give a rat's *** if anyone but me or Orbo dies right here and right now, because it wouldn't be far from the truth.
This feeling I get of Ditzy-Orbo connection keeps getting stronger by the way the two guys have been treating each other.

On an unrelated note: Someone hammer Ori, I'm confident enough in him being the pick today after the way he flip-flopped on his read of both J AND Orbo. You don't go from literally "I will follow J for he is my god" twilight D2 to "I don't like him" just like that once you're on the chopping block, and certainly not for two people.
Ditzy has been hammer fishing for someone to quickly end the day with an Ori lynch and it reeks of self-perservation of his own slot in this game instead of actually trying to lynch scum. He tries to denote this by saying "On an unrelated note" when in reality, it all he really cares about toDay is lynching Ori because it will inevitably save his own butt toDay. He brings up the fact that Ori voted him as a contradiction, when the fact is Ori has already brought Ditzy up as a scum-read earlier on in the day-phase and in twilight yesterDay so I don't get why he is even shocked by the return of his vote on him.

I really don't like that post, for reasons JD stated.

Ori has done nothing to scumhunt or paint others well and is just spreading FUD and trying to save himself. JD has at least been scumhunting.
He says "for reasons Ditzy stated" which means he is just piggybacking and then says false things about Ori whereas he is explaining what Ditzy is doing. He even calls Ori out on self-preservation iirc where the real person who has been doing this ever since he name fell into the hat of possible lynches, is Ditzy. Yet Orbo is holding a double-standard for his push on Ditzy-Ori and I am honestly baffled by this.

+Smart points for Bardull. This is exactly what Ditzy is doing.

Now i know sort of how marshy feels
Orbo backs up Ditzy's hurried attitude of rushing the hammer but he was paranoid earlier....excuse me but what? I don't like this hammer fishing coming from Ditzy-Orbo.

This is scary true as of late.

@J - What do you think of Orbo non-chalantly being cool with me and Rake when we have scum reads on him?
Bottom line: I dislike it. Orbo is just trying to shrug off the attention that is being focused on his slot and I do not get why. He seems uneasy when people question his alignment which hasn't really been done and his reaction to said pressure looks grimy.

I have noticed a connection that I think is important to bring up at the current time.

I think Ditzy and Orbo are the Ice Mafia in this game. Look at the way the two have been reacting to each other during toDay. Orbo has this weird town-read on Ditzy and this back and forth at the same time that seems to look like very weak scum-distancing techniques and I find it really scummy. Orbo has become to look weirder and weirder with his instance that Ditzy is town but not backing it up with anything. They both continue to piggyback each other with each other's suspicions of Ori_Boat, but at the same time, it doesn't do much besides them just going "Lynch Ori already" and end the day phase. They don't even seem to really care about looking into each others slots at all anymore (More Ditzy than Orbo).

We can even go into the fact that Ditzy also continously followed Zen when he was in the game and piggybacked his reasoning as I have pointed out already. Zen's slot-Ditzy have had a connection this entire game and it is even clearer when shown through who both slots have tried pushing together. Zen's slot has only had these tiny little pushes at Ditzy whereas Ditzy has not even cared to look at that slot while remaining to call every other slot town.

And Ditzy has begun to become a hypocrite lately. Look at the way he calls me out for buddying Orbo, but lately Ditzy has been buddying Orbo out the wazoo, however, Ditzy also forgot to mention that he had been buddying Zen when he was in the game as well so he is falling into his own scum-tell there.

ToDay, Ditzy needs to go, he flips Ice Mafia, Orbo is next.

Vote: Ditzy
FoS: Orboknown

I'm sorry Orbo that is has to be this way, but I will free you from your scummy self. The towny group will miss you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
IC Note:

Please do not be afraid to push me this game even though I am an IC, haha. Even though I am an IC/Teacher, I am a player in this game as well and have just as much of a chance being scum as everyone else from the get-go. If you feel my posts are suspicious, push me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote Count said:
Ori_bro [3] Jdietz, Vinyl, Orboknown
This little excerpt of the Vote Count can show you who is actually behind the Ori wagon and giving its full steam-ahead/no other choice vibe. Its just Orbo-Ditzy pushing it together while the rest of us watch. Vinyl hopped on as a scape-goat and then the rest of us, however, are looking at Ditzy. Do not be fooled. Join me on the Ditzy wagon and let's lynch some scum!

=D

Top Bottom