• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW ZELDA MECHANIC? Zelda canceling Nayru's into...Nayru's? Double Nayru's?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxxDDAcMGE4

In this video at the 10:10 Mark, Zelda uses Nayru's twice, once in one direction, and once in the other, with no lag in between.

None of the other players are knocking her out of the first Nayru's either.

Is Zelda able to change direction and recast the spell??

She starts the spell facing the right and ends the spell facing the left.

Thoughts?

I'm guessing something had to have interrupted her...but what could have? Rosalina and Megaman are being hit, and Marth is on the far left of her. Megaman's body passes through Nayru's, but he's hit by the spell...

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I'm... I'm honestly not quite sure what happened there. All I know is her Nayru's did indeed start to the right and end to the left... odd, but perhaps useful? I don't know what to make of this yet haha.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
No. Unfortunately that's no new mechanic.

What happened is: In the E3 SSB4 demo if Zelda gets hit at the right time during Nayru's, the crystal's visual stays out, like, while Zelda is in hitstun animation and after depending on the timing. I've seen it happen in 2 other videos where in one she gets knocked away, and is surrounded by the crystal while flying away.

In this case, Zelda just used a 2nd Nayru RIGHT after.

So, no double Nayru, just a viusal bug.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
She's hit by an attack from Luma it looks like.

Watch her percent. You can see she has 68%, then is hit and flinches/changes directions and ends with 70%.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I agree. When I saw it I was hoping that it was real, as then she could have a "hold-able" reflector. Which would be nice.

Top Bottom