• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New wario technique? Look here to find out!

bassem6

Smash Lord
Ok, so I just had this idea to mess around with wario's grab releases on metaknight because whenever wario grabs mk, its a guaranteed air release on flat ground. I dont know if this is known already or not but if you grab metaknight and he has a wall behind him when he air releases, the wall will stop his backward momentum only making him pop up and down. And in that time wario can get a free up air, down air, fair, bair, upsmash, f-smash, and FART.

Although this is pretty situational its still pretty sweet. It works on pictochat when the diagonal line that separates the stage into two halves comes and when the head of the guy and his hand appear (works if the head is behind mk, didnt test with the hand). It also works at PS1 when the fire stage appears and the big wood tree stump thing is there.

Also!, I found that if you grab mk on the smashville platform, you can get a free fair or FART, and if you buffer it well, a free upair and dair after grab release. The platform must be going in the direction where mk gets GR"D and you have to run along it and sh at the end for any of these to work though.

SO, I know it works on mk in these situations. Maybe, you guys could test to see if it works on other characters who air release similarly to mk like snake, marth or ddd.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I mean, the same thing works for other characters, such as Snake.

Still, it's useful information to know, I'd say.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I've been doing GRs on smashville plat for months ;p. Never really works twice on the same person though ._.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kl0i1VeZ4o#t=1m40s Just about when I was getting into the scene lolo.
Youre the first wario I have ever seen do that.

If you do the wall thing with uair for instance, can't they just tech the wall (using SDI if necessary)? :(
The way you could kill with the wall thing would be if you could jump between MK and the wall and fart, I think
I dont think you can tech a grab release.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

bassem6

Smash Lord
Yeah, they can tech it after that if they sdi and stuff, but you still get the damage on them.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
This has been posted before (albeit AGES ago), but it's so hard for me to grab anyone on the platform I just barely try it anymore XD

It's good to get a refresh though, especially for all the new faces.

Didn't know about the wall thing, though. Could be useful on PS1 at least once.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
This has been posted before (albeit AGES ago), but it's so hard for me to grab anyone on the platform I just barely try it anymore XD

I was just about to say that GR by the windmill.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Was thinking more like the tree. I already like to use walls as it were for guaranteed combos into move. If you throw someone at the wall and they don't tech, they're stuck in hitstun until they would naturally get out of it, so you get free hits.

bassem6

Smash Lord

Yeah man. Its useful on any stage with a high enough wall pretty much.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I read something like this on the Bowser boards. They were talking about a new infinite bowser had on characters and how it could be useful. Some people liked the idea and the 'find' but others say its very situational and will be very hard to pull off. I think its something that we should all keep in mind though. Should be useful sometimes, maybe more useful in teams.

hunger!

Smash Champion
im not sure when this thread was made. but this has been known for like a year =P

wario has alot of stupid tricks on RC carpets like he does on smashville platform too. just have to move a little faster.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
im not sure when this thread was made. but this has been known for like a year =P

wario has alot of stupid tricks on RC carpets like he does on smashville platform too. just have to move a little faster.
Rainbow is my most FAV. stage to play wario on.. 2nd fav is brinstar 3rd is delfino.

I take MK to Rainbow and Delfino.

GET AT ME!

bassem6

Smash Lord

LooooL i know XDXD
Well, Its not posted in any of the guides and I havent seen any warios do it before so Im not just going to assume that it is known. And obviously it isn't known too widely as several warios including me and phantom( well part of it) didnt know about it.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
nice thread :p

look at the 3-4 ppl getting mad for this "old" stuff when the rest of the warios dont know anything about this.

hunger!

Smash Champion
no one was gettin' mad. and im sorry i dont check guides bassem =P but like fiction said. it's nice that you found it on your own cause now is the time to implement that ****. =)

Top Bottom