• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

NNID
Majorasmask66
The only real problem I have with this leak is the disrespect to sakurai and the rest of the smash team. It would of been better just to let it happen naturally but I guess some people just have too little patience. Anyways looks cool, I pray there are more unlock able characters ( I need my Ridley) since some thing seemed locked.
Also shulk looking like a generic swordsman is pretty lame for a character with so much potential.
P.S I'm new here hai how y'all doin
Another leak predicted all the information in this leak and then some. One thing of information they have and this leak doesn't is the fact that ridley will be playable.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I am serious when I say this: The roster right now has put me in a depression.

unless ICs are unlockable or get Frank West syndrome

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This amazes and dissapoints me, Im glad that Ganondorf is back and Jr. is playable but Dr. Mario as a standalone? But if the past leak said that there's more characters to be unlocked, I will keep my hopes up for Lucas and Ice Climbers then. Also... DUCK HUNT HYPE

NNID
Majorasmask66
Every clone gets defended by people saying they're not a clone. Some times i agree with this but other times its quite clear the one making the argument doesn't understand what defines a clone.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I don't know guys, there is some....know what? This is fake video.

Why? well here is why

While the animation on Bowser JR. looks awesome I have to say that the way that leak video plays is pretty darn fast! I mean Bowser should not be able to clear half the stage in a single run animation like that.

And to the shulk video, everything seems very stiff and the AI looks very impaired...like...even the player character of Lucina looks very impaired...huh. Also I, like many before me, like to point out that it just cuts right into a Yoshi doing HomeRun contest.

Also, like before, Shulk's moves look very stiff or other moves we've seen before in other smash titles.

and yeah, the no divider on the DS screen makes me highly doubt this being real. no way someone could have gotten this onto an emulator or a capture device that soon

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yeah, I'm still not convinced this crap is real. I really don't care if Ganondorf is still a clone or not but...Bowser Jr.? Dr. Mario? Dark Pit? BOWSER JR.?!? I mean, really!? I'm okay with Shulk though.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Why? well here is why

While the animation on Bowser JR. looks awesome I have to say that the way that leak video plays is pretty darn fast! I mean Bowser should not be able to clear half the stage in a single run animation like that.

And to the shulk video, everything seems very stiff and the AI looks very impaired...like...even the player character of Lucina looks very impaired...huh. Also I, like many before me, like to point out that it just cuts right into a Yoshi doing HomeRun contest.

Also, like before, Shulk's moves look very stiff or other moves we've seen before in other smash titles.

and yeah, the no divider on the DS screen makes me highly doubt this being real. no way someone could have gotten this onto an emulator or a capture device that soon
What about all the imgur pictures? This seems pretty legit.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
It had some relatively blurry footage showing Shulk and Bowser Jr. in some fights. One of my friends said this would be easy enough to make in a brawl hack though, and I do trust him. So really nothing has changed, though the video footage following on the wings of several more pictures has convinced a lot of people.

I'm just hoping spectator mode is real.
It's actually the exact opposite of this. Your friend has horribly misinformed you as it would be impossible to replicate the leaked footage in a "brawl hack"..whatever that means. The leaked roster from a few days back as been completely and utterly confirmed as of today.

masterlettal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sauvey

Why? well here is why

Wow didn't even think to consider the screen divider.
Note that I would have no issue with the leak being false but maybe the lack if screen separation is that this isn't on some sort of display screen like a monitor or something.
Then again it wouldn't make much sense why it would not be a actual 3DS but it's just a theory.
And while I'm thinking about it all shulks move have been used by other characters as you stated.
Hmmmmm...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ahem,
Can someone explain to me what was shown in the videos? Apparently they're real because Nintendo shut them down.

Is the DLC part fake? Are the Ice Climbers returning? Is Duck Hunt Dog real? Does Bowser Jr. ride the Koopa Clown Car? Was Dr. Mario shown? Is Sakurai mad? Am I asking too many questions?
Can someone please explain?

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
Its very odd to watch Bowser Jrs cart move like that. I guess i was expecting him to hover maybe? it looks like it is legitimately taking steps. Either way I believe part of this leak but something seems off... i mean why take the time to bring back Dr. Mario from Melee but not Mewtwo? He would HAVE to know people would complain. I was definitely expecting a bunch of cuts from SSBB to SSB4 so I'm not that upset over that. I hate playing as Ice Climbers but it's so weird a game without them. Oh well if this is true i'm totally okay with it. Something is just not right about it though...

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Wow didn't even think to consider the screen divider.
Note that I would have no issue with the leak being false but maybe the lack if screen separation is that this isn't on some sort of display screen like a monitor or something.
Then again it wouldn't make much sense why it would not be a actual 3DS but it's just a theory.
And while I'm thinking about it all shulks move have been used by other characters as you stated.
Hmmmmm...
It is in fact a video of the game and not the actual game being played.
ESRB does not sit down and play the game they watch a Video with some of the most mature aspects of the game and decide what to rate the game.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
The only real problem I have with this leak is the disrespect to sakurai and the rest of the smash team. It would of been better just to let it happen naturally but I guess some people just have too little patience. Anyways looks cool, I pray there are more unlock able characters ( I need my Ridley) since some thing seemed locked.
Also shulk looking like a generic swordsman is pretty lame for a character with so much potential.
P.S I'm new here hai how y'all doin
I agree! "MOTHER ****ING LEAK" Like, really now? You're gonna act like an jerk while you're leaking this stuff?

Last edited:

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
You didn't have to click on the link that said SPOILER on it.

I don't understand being disappointed about the inclusion of a character, e.g. Dr. Mario. We could have not had Dr. Mario, and there would be one less character to play. Having him is only better than not having him.

Any amount of "oh if only they didn't work so hard on Dr. Mario, they could have included Cooking Mama instead" is wild silly speculation. Sakurai makes the decision, it's his game, and it's going to be awesome. It would be nice if the sky rained candy, but you know what? I'll settle for skittles, because they're delicious and real.
I found about this on another site.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Nice roster. Except for Dr. Mario. He could have been an Alt. I mean, I'm not unhappy he's in the game, I just think a certain Psychic Mass-Murderer would've been a better choice. Seriously, why would they include Dr. Mario, but not Mewtwo. I absolutely love Mewtwo. Best character in Smash, if you ask me. Mewtwo is loved far more by fans than Dr. Mario. Regardless, I love Dr. Mario and think he was a fantastic addition to the roster, but my opinion about Mewtwo being far better still holds place. Looking forward to playing as Doc. Bowser Jr. in the Koopa Clown Car is a great idea to make him original, even though it does look a little off at first. I like him. But I hope to God, he better not have the Koopalings as Alts. Different characters as Alts. is an idea I abhor. It's just a terrible idea, in all cases, in my opinion. If it's a different character, then they are different enough to have their own slot. Dark Pit could've had a palette swap based on him. My opinion on him is similar to Dr. Mario. Shulk is "eh" for me. I'm completley neutral on him. If this confirms the 4Chan leak, then Duck Hunt Dog is a great idea for a retro character, glad to see ROB coming back, and disappointed in the removal of Ice Climbers and every other poor soul, ESPECIALLY MEWTWO. Good luck on DLC for every single character left behind, ESPECIALLY MEWTWO. Lastly, disappointed that Ganondorf's moveset is the same.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
ESRB does not sit down and play the game they watch a Video with some of the most mature aspects of the game and decide what to rate the game.
1. why are there no Nintendo reps there to explain various things of the game to them

2. Why is the room so dark?

3. Who let this guy take video of the screen so close?

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Interestingly enough, when bringing a vid up from my browser history: "this video is no longer avaiable due to a copyright claim by Nintendo of America Inc..

Thegamerguy131

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thegamerguy131
3DS FC
0946-2559-8115
At first, I was really depressed about the leak being (most likely) true, but I'm starting to warm up to most of the characters, and I'm sure I'll get used to Dark Pit soon enough.

NNID
Majorasmask66
For everyone talking about mewtwo, if this leak is real, than mewtwo will be back as a different leak thats information that lines up perfectly with this one and then some stated so. Newcomers mentioned by that leak that were not mentioned here are, Impa, Mach Rider, Dixie Kong, and the one we all want to see on wether hes in or not, Ridley will be playable.

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
I've said this before, but I think a great disservice has been done to Sakurai, his team, and the Smash community as a whole.

Therefore, the leakers responsible for their insidious actions deserve absolutely no respect from anyone, as what they did was underhanded and disrespectful to everything Sakurai has done for us so far.

But however you look at it, the leaks cannot be avoided now so we just have to accept them, despite how bittersweet they may be.

Here's still hoping for more surprises in Smash 4 without any more illegal leaks.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Nintendo are removing the videos. Kind of a dumb move, since now they're basically confirming it for us (at least regarding Ganon, Shulk and Bowser Jr.) :D

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
If this real that's mean.... no mewtwo no geno no Isaac no ridley no roy DLC no king k. Rool those charcters are the only on my wishlist even before sakurai created ssb4 but at least... My favorite Nintendo charcter and my main is playable in this game R.O.B. But my 2nd main wolf is just a DLC :( I really hope this is fake
I agreed!^_^

masterlettal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sauvey
True
But then again I've never seen a video of anything 3ds presented in that fashion and I haven't decided if I believe it was truly the esrb
I mean ESRB0083 is a little suspicious
And if it was recorded footage why would it have a esrb username now that I think about since they wouldn't be playing it.
Whatever I'm pretty neutral on this leak anyway I just like voicing my random thoughts

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
The leaker apparently said
-Ridley
-Dixie
-Mewtwo
-Impa
-Mach rider
-and Chorus Kids
are the actual 6 characters left. Not the DLC characters. That is said to be fake.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't tell ya. But the video is fused with other clips showing its a video and not the game being played while he is recording.

Top Bottom