• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
could be referencing brawl for all we know then again it would have had to had stated that so there is a room for truth there
This is pretty much THE final roster and he`s on there, so of course he`s confirmed. Not like we ALL knew he was coming back, we have Ashley and Waluigi under the Wario category.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I can't believe no one has said this yet so I guess I will. What if in that leak vid they are just two different videos that run into each other?Ever use a videotape recorder? When you hit stop record and the record button again upon playback it will go right into the next thing you're filing. When whoever edited the yoshi home run contest video that's what happened. Two seperate videos in one segment. It's not rocket science.

Oh okay you are right. They are really 2 different videos. But how could you explain the touch of both screens to each other?

Like here in the same Video: http://i60.tinypic.com/4q4jn9.jpg

The screens are separated. In every 3DS Version.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lmfao, congratulations leak believers. We're getting effin' Dr. Mario instead of Ice Climbers/Wolf/Lucas/Mewtwo. You must be proud. It's like predicting that your favorite football team is going to lose the Super Bowl and then being proud when it turns out you were right :rolleyes:

I'm going to play the heck out of Bowser Jr. though.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
This is pretty much THE final roster and he`s on there, so of course he`s confirmed. Not like we ALL knew he was coming back, we have Ashley and Waluigi under the Wario category.
I'd like to think that there MIGHT still be secret chars we haven't seen.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff... Is that thing even relevant now? The Doc instead of Isaac and Dark Pit instead of Krystal?

The only thing that raises hope is the fact that All Star is a locked mode by the time of these leaks.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Have fun, #TeamFake!

I really didn't want to think Ice Climbers, Wolf and Lucas were cut though :(

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Oh okay you are right. They are really 2 different videos. But how could you explain the touch of both screens to each other?

Maybe like some people are saying is true. Maybe it's a projector screen where the two seprate screen can be adjusted how the user sees fit. I was playing playstation last night on a projector screen outside at a friends house and it looks really similar. Also it's entirely possible this is a recording of a recording. You can hear quiet clicks when the recordings start and stop.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff... Is that thing even relevant now? The Doc instead of Isaac and Dark Pit instead of Krystal?

The only thing that raises hope is the fact that All Star is a locked mode by the time of these leaks.
I didn't notice that!...cool....

Boofer

Smash Ace
Lmfao, congratulations leak believers. We're getting effin' Dr. Mario instead of Ice Climbers/Wolf/Lucas/Mewtwo. You must be proud. It's like predicting that your favorite football team is going to lose the Super Bowl and then being proud when it turns out you were right :rolleyes:

I'm going to play the heck out of Bowser Jr. though.
For me, it's not that I wanted the leak to be true; it was just pretty convincing. You don't deny things only because you wish they weren't true. I'm in favor of optimism within reason, not denial.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
A couple things:
1. The 3DS screens have little to no space between them.
2. Physics look quite similar to Brawl/PM, which makes think its a Brawl/PM mod.
3. Charizard's wings look a little off.
4. Shulk's move set looks extremely similar to Marth's, which makes me again think its a Brawl/PM mod.
5. The name of each of the videos "Leak". Almost like he intentionally planned to make a fake leak.
6. The YouTube user's name "Izat True" is quite suspicious.
1. It's been pointed out that this probably isn't a direct shot of a 3DS but a projection on a screen for an ESRB viewing.

2. Are you looking at what I'm looking at?

3. What does this even mean?

4. Some of Shulk's moves look a little bit like they are taken from other characters, but not all Marth (dat Link(?) down air). And again, are you looking at what I'm looking at?

5. Um... so videos of leaked footage should not be named "Leak"? Ok. Got it.

6. Just because you think it's suspicious, doesn't prove it's fake.

This footage would be extremely hard to fake, and if someone did fake this, they must be the most dedicated troll in history. It looks exactly like what we've seen from Sm4sh 3DS so far, and it's very hard to not believe this is real stuff.

The denial is real.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
To anybody freaking out over this, just take a break for a while. Come back in a few days, or perhaps September 13th and you'll have your answers. I'm as anxious as anyone, but until more evidence surfaces, official or otherwise, no one is going to be able to prove or debunk it.

Personally, I think it's probably real, but the details on 4 additional characters, details, and of course actual confirmation are all in the future. In the very least, it has to be something that cannot be immediately dismissed. Nobody is expecting everyone to immediately believe it, so let's just chill out for a bit, yeah?

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice

Wait, where! Which pic is this in!

Nintendo_Addict

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5124-4980
If this is the final roster, I'm pretty excited. The only thing that bums me out is that the Ice Climbers maybe no more. I for one, really don't mind seeing a couple clones in the form of Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina. Just more characters for us to choose from!

Last edited:

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
I'd like to think that there MIGHT still be secret chars we haven't seen.
I hope so too, lucas and wolf i could possibly live without, snake couldnt care less, but ice climbers!... no they must return! please be the characters he didnt unlock.

Last edited:

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
There's no way these vids are fake, but there's a chance that the roster pic (that was suspiciously not included) is fake.

Yeah, right…:crying:

AugustAPC

Smash Rookie
People need to stop comparing clones to unique characters. Doctor Mario and Dark Pit aren't added in lieu of brand new characters. A unique character takes several times more effort and time to create than a clone does. Doctor Mario and Dark Pit were likely added as ways to expand the roster while adhering to their time restraints.
Clone characters aren't taking any unique characters' spots.

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Maybe like some people are saying is true. Maybe it's a projector screen where the two seprate screen can be adjusted how the user sees fit. I was playing playstation last night on a projector screen outside at a friends house and it looks really similar. Also it's entirely possible this is a recording of a recording. You can hear quiet clicks when the recordings start and stop.
Okay its possible. But what could the Dog do? I mean he isn't a fighter. xD Maybe bark like a dog?

psymatt

Smash Rookie
It's official. The leak was true. You know how I feel? Disappointed. Doctor Mario is back. Dark Pit is a character. Ganondorf has the same moveset. WHAT...?!!! This really came as a shock to me O.O Excuse me while I watch the rest of the leaks and try to clear my mind....
WAAAIT!! Ganondorf have a sword :p

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Guys, even though it's pretty obvious that this is real (due to the fact that, heck, who can fake gameplay like this?). But, there's one big answer that tells us this is real:

Nintendo of America just removed the video.

I guess that's evidence enough.

Last edited:

Boofer

Smash Ace
Only good can come from accepting it as true, especially if it disappoints you. In the event that it isn't true, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. Alternatively, in the event that it IS true, there's still some glimmer of hope that we may get DLC or that some characters are still locked.

Last edited:

SmashTwitcherii

Smash Rookie
NNID
OcarinaHero
So, the videos are taken down.

That kinda proves the legitimacy.

Although, it could just be 'Izat' doing it themself.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Whenever I read posts like this it makes me wonder if you never tried more than one fire emblem character. Dr. Mario is about as different as ike, lucina, roy, marth. Robin can stand alone.
Um, yeah I've tried all Fire Emblem characters I could and you've missed my point. Marth Roy and Lucina all have the same moveset, they're clones, but different characters. Mario and Dr. Mario have the same moveset AND they're the same character. Therefore: I don't think Mario with a white coat deserves his own slot. I dunno, maybe they made him more different so he can be more relatable to Zelda and Shiek or Samus and Zamus, but if Dr. Mario is just like how he was in Melee I'll be pretty dissapointed. Maybe he'll have a new Down-B?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I'll go back to the popularity thing. Fire emblem just got a new installment that went over greatly, and although it is a bit of over representation, at least they do something. We havent seen all of Shulk's moves, maybe he plays entirely different than the other swordsman. Isaac looks like a swordsman who would also have some kind of magic, but that's just another Robin. Also, he's not a popular character. Heck, more people know about duck hunt than golden sun. I understand you want the character, but it wouldn't work. He'd just be another clone to tack on. Ganondorf is a popular character, and Dr Mario at least has some kind of fanbase and he could have an interesting move set. Sakurai looks at two things, popularity and moveset, and Isaac doesn't neccesarily fit either.
This is the kind of post I was waiting for.

Now as for my rebbutal: Yes, Isaac could've utilized the sword/magic dynamic, but sakurai gave it to robin instead, simply because he was thinking about FE and not GS. Isaac had that potential first and, even if implemented, would function vastly different from Robin. Just look at Lucina.
The 'has a fanbase' argument doesn't hold much water here, I'd say, as every character has some form of following. I can understand 'Dorf still being a clone if they were pressed for time, but that seems unlikely. Dr. Mario on the other hand litterally feels like a last minute melee port given sakurai's stance on slight differences justifying a roster spot.
Your last statement is also one of my biggest gripes with the development of the game. Yes, popularity should factor in to some degree, but when the mario series gets 'filler' characters like rosalina and a half-assed bowser jr. simply because they're popular, that's when disappointment sets in. Compared to GS, of course DHD is more popular. Isaac possessed the moveset, he was just overshadowed by 'popular' characters.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman

There is a lot of confusion about this, and I'm surprised no-one has answered you. You are aware that all of these recent picture/video leaks have come from an ESRB source? What happens is that Sakurai and team will send footage of the game to the ESRB and they'll review it and give it a rating. This is why in some of the newer leaked pictures you have panty shots of multiple trophies.

What you are seeing here is a direct footage video created by the developers, ESRB do NOT play or own a copy of the game. This is why it's a highlight of various modes, battles, etc.

Okay its possible. But what could the Dog do? I mean he isn't a fighter. xD Maybe bark like a dog?
What would Wii Fit Trainer, Game & Watch, R.O.B. do? Even Captain Falcon is purely from a racing game with no definable moveset. Point is, is that Sakurai is amazing at giving characters movesets, and we all know he enjoys quirky characters.

Last edited:

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
The leaks have been taken down and we might be left with this mediocre roster thisbroster was good until all this mess was added.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
With the videos taken down, it doesn't necessarily prove anything completely solidly. I remember "leaks" of fake pokemon in x and y that were taken down, stating the same thing. Just something to consider.

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
Sorry if someone already posted this. I think this leak must be at least partially true since Nintendo is not allowing us to watch it due to copyright. I'm not saying all of it is true but I definitely think some of it is true because I don't see why else Nintendo would have not allowed us to watch it and some of it looks very convincing.

Hero of Nowhere

Smash Rookie
Sorry if someone already posted this. I think this leak must be at least partially true since Nintendo is not allowing us to watch it due to copyright. I'm not saying all of it is true but I definitely think some of it is true because I don't see why else Nintendo would have not allowed us to watch it and some of it looks very convincing.
Nintendo has taken down many convincing leaks before.

Top Bottom