• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New use for the F.L.U.D.D (confirmed)

COMMANDLIST

Smash Cadet
I was just thinking about ways you can use the FLUDD technique and something really strange hit me. Now I'm not too sure if it'll work but omg if it does Mario is truly broken.

Now everyone knows that Mario's FLUDD leaves you in the same animation you're in as soon as youre hit with it right. Now just think if Mario broke someones sheild............hmmmmm!!!
What would happen if he fired the FLUDD at a stunned opponent? Would he fall to his doom? I mean it's not like you can shake out when you're stunned. I'm so excited I thought of this myself but I must try this as soon as I reach home. If this works that will only mean that Mario is truly the best.

Please if anyone can try this out for me please do so b/c I might get home a little late and please comment back.:)

Help!

Smash Journeyman
And How much do you honestly break someones shield I've gotten really close a couple of times, but I don't remember ever actually breaking someones shield

COMMANDLIST

Smash Cadet
Sorry about that but the reason I came up with this idea is b/c I was bored one day and decided to have a match with CPU Mario to probably learn a thing or two. During the match I was fludded off the stage when I slipped and fell. I fell to my death in the same sitting position and I wasn't able to jump, DI, up B nothing. I just thought it would of worked at the time I thought of it. But u have to admit if this play was possible it would of been really cool.

But nonetheless I still don't understand why I fell off the stage and wasn't able to do a thing when I was F.L.U.D.D from the CPU. Can anyone share ideas to this?:confused:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
yo everyone, COMMANDLIST is right about this thing it works. U have to fludd the oponent right after their sheild breaks when they are in the air, thats when u skeet them off the stage to their doom. Im guesing u should already have fludd charged.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
AHAHAHA. Cool.

Now uh... let's figure out how to break shields with Mario's D-air? <<

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
AHAHAHA. Cool.

Now uh... let's figure out how to break shields with Mario's D-air? <<
thats a good idea i'll test it out. Forcing the oponent to block with fire balls then using D air will probably help.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Cool, now those with shield pretty much used up should start watching their backs near edges. I´m just afraid that situations where this can be applied will be pretty limited...

COMMANDLIST

Smash Cadet
Thanks BO X7. I never really thought about fludding while they're still in the air. I only tried it when they landed. All creds go to you with that. If it's not too much trouble can you put a vid of it up for me. I'm not in a position to do so at the moment. But I also think I have yet another way to use it.

Now idk if it's been tested already but why not try to fludd them in the jab lock combo when they're close to the edge instead of smashing. If it works just like the guard break idea then they should fall to their doom just the same. This way it would be alot easier to do than breaking their gaurd. I'm not sure where I come up with these ideas, it's all random.

About breaking an enemies sheild I already thought about that when I origanlly got the idea. But as soon as your opponent sees his sheild on low he would just start camping far away from you buying time till his sheild regenerates. This by itself can be used as a tactic to get in some free hits while they're waiting to fully recover.

We all have to pitch in if we're going to make ''Mario the ultimate metagame.'':)

COMMANDLIST

Smash Cadet
about jab locking. Whats the best way to set it up? I have a hard time with that

oh and thanks
I have an idea that's sure to work in my head but I don't want to say anything yet before I fully test it out myself so as not to raise any false hopes. But........ just in case I'm not cabable of doing it myself you can try it out.

Try using usmash then utilt at a low percentage once. This is the tricky part, time them and use a jab and then start the lock from there. If this don't work try another utilt into the fludd. You'll probably get different results but I'm just providing potential ideas.

We all have to pitch in if we're going to make ''Mario the ultimate metagame.'':)

XLR

Smash Rookie
about jab locking. Whats the best way to set it up? I have a hard time with that

oh and thanks
set it up with a Nair. Try doing it rising or as a combo finisher when your opponent is at around 40% dmg. It may surprise them; As you finish the Nair, be sure to DI close to them just in case they forget to tech, and when they forget to tech, start jab locking away. Hope this helps

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Command bro, but at most, this usage of fludd is really situational. It's pretty hard for mario to shield break a character for this to work, he just doesn't have the power and/or speed to do it. However, it is good to know that you can do this, which is really similar to fludding when someone misses a tech...

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Sorry Command bro, but at most, this usage of fludd is really situational. It's pretty hard for mario to shield break a character for this to work, he just doesn't have the power and/or speed to do it. However, it is good to know that you can do this, which is really similar to fludding when someone misses a tech...
F.L.U.D.D. in general is very situational attack, that´s why it´s often overlooked.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Just wondering, do you all usually use a fully charged FLUDD?

Is a low/no-charge FLUDD worth using in any situation?

Top Bottom