• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS New Update!

anaglyphix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glyph
3DS FC
3669-0309-2018
Hey guys! Earlier today I noticed that I couldn't play online (3ds) because of (what I thought were) server issues, but instead I ended up with a new software update! so far, it seems that the only things added are sharing custom fighters and replays, but there might be balance changes too! Unfortunately, this means any old replays have to be deleted, but I'm excited for the new features! Has anyone else noticed any changes?

Last edited:

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
WARNING: REPLAY DATA WILL BECOME INCOMPATIBLE AGAIN.

This means that balance updates were again done. And I have Multi Man games with Kirby, so that means Kirby got "fingered" by the hand.

Dirty comments welcomed. :)

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of Diddy, I am suspicious that his Up-B WAS indeed nerfed. I couldn't KO a Dedede at 126% doing it. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, however.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I'm pretty sure Diddy's UAir killing just at 121% it's not placebo... But I just got the game some days ago so I can't be 100% sure, can anyone test that out please?

Last edited:

Ferblantier

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure we should wait for data-mining before we start claiming stuff as fact.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Ah, so the second option on the japansese 3ds in replay was about deleting all replays, i guess i did a small mistake then.
Someone should test the % where dthrow upair kills with a few chars before updating and then check for the difference(which i doubt there will be any in this update, since it seemed kinda small)

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
I heard Diddy's Up Air got nerfed and Mac's running speed. Mac should not be touched unless for jumping buffs. Sakurai better have not just went around with the nerf stick without the buff fairy.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
And I have Multi Man games with Kirby, so that means Kirby got "fingered" by the hand.
what

Also- Diddy's hoo-hah appears to work just as before, for anyone who got their hopes up. I love how it was an impulse to make that the very first thing I check.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I heard that the update will add amiibo compatibility with the game. I doubt they will be more changes to certain fighters, which is completely unnecessary now.

Soul.

I heard Diddy's Up Air got nerfed and Mac's running speed. Mac should not be touched unless for jumping buffs. Sakurai better have not just went around with the nerf stick without the buff fairy.
Little Mac's running speed did not get nerfed.

anaglyphix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glyph
3DS FC
3669-0309-2018
Also, can someone check for metaknight buffs? That guy is pichu-tier in this game, and considering this youtu.be/FlQLM0XkXW0, I think some buffs were do since the last version.

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
I saved a replay. New option: "Send".

"By connecting to the Nintendo Network, you can share this replay with friends or with the entire world."

You can now send your replays to anyone with a modified 3DS and get HD video of your battles. Or modify one you don't play on just for this purpose, and play on the other.

I also read in a Twitch chat that you can send your Mii fighters to people.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/axcj/update/index.html

So apparently a new patch is coming. While most of it is pretty standard stuff we expected (use Google Translate, I'll post something below in a sec), apparently replays and stuff won't work as before, possibly meaning balancing could occur as well.

Edit: Here's my edit of what Google Translate gave me:

Ver. 1.0.5 [2015.2.10 Delivery

amiibo Support to New Nintendo 3DS / New 3DS XL.
If touch amiibo on the touch screen, you can become a "figure player (FP)", you will appear as a rival and partner.
※ If you already have FP that are growing in "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U" is, the game can accept amiibo "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS."
※ Customers with Nintendo 3DS / 3DS XL playing this software, you need to download the update data delivery plan after its release and peripheral devices of summer will be released in 2015. Please wait a while now.
the "shared" mode was added.
"Photo", "Replay", to post to a dedicated server; "Mii Fighter" and can be shared with users around the world. It is also possible to locate and download submitted data.
※ Your post is limited to the data that you have created yourself. Post data will be deleted from the server after 30 days.
"Photo", "Replay", you will be able to send the "Mii Fighter" to friend.
※ acknowledgment is done when it is connected from this software to the Internet. (No idea what this means)
※ You may take a long time to receive. (Again, what? Maybe Mii Fighter crap?)
※[Something] will be deleted from the server if it is not received within 30 days.
It is now possible to post to Miiverse using the "Photo" option from within the game.
※ It will be posted on a dedicated community "photo sharing room".
Other, so who can play comfortably the game was fixed some of the problems.

※ If you download the update data (Ver.1.0.5), and those who use the update data (Ver.1.0.4) previously you will not be able to play against others via local communication.
The replay data that you saved in updating data (Ver.1.0.4) previously you will not be able to play.
※ In order to perform the Internet play, the update data (Ver. 1.0.5) will be required.

Hopefully that is accurate. If it's not, soz

Discuss.

Last edited:

Bleck3v3

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3582-8903-3297
There probably isn't any balancing patches in here probably just the actual game functions itself

jimm

Smash Cadet
why would replays become incompatible if there were no gameplay changes?

MarvinxO

Smash Rookie
Anyone confirm for amiibo functionality on the new 3ds?

EDIT: Amiibos work! :D

Last edited:

SEXINT

Smash Rookie
If it isn't Bowser Jr's landing lag being amended it objectively does not matter.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
So most people are saying that Diddy's hoo hah wasn't nerfed.

SAAAAAKUUUURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!

Darthrai

Smash Cadet
So most people are saying that Diddy's hoo hah wasn't nerfed.

SAAAAAKUUUURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!
Wait for Mewtwo to be released.

Specifically, wait for Mewtwo to be released and for her to be Femtwo from the 16th movie, and a terrible character who is easily rekt by Diddy, whose down throw and Uair have been buffed. And the only character better than Diddy is Dark Pit, who has been buffed to oblivion, making it obvious that the whole thing was a deliberate ruse by Sakurai to force people to love his ******* son.

Doctor_Mario

Smash Apprentice
What's with this replay data is not playable bs? I have a small library of funny moments on online mode, now I gotta reset it AGAIN?

And watch the sending the photos sharing thing get banned just like swapnote for sending *****.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey guys! If you go into the online mode of the 3DS Version, the sharing menu hidden in the ROM before has been enabled! You can now download Miis, screenshots and replays! Does this mean the DLC Shop next?!? HYPE!!!!!! EDIT: Er... got a little over excited there. Didn't realize there was another post talking about this. Still, its pretty cool that they've enabled us to do this :D.

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Wait for Mewtwo to be released.

Specifically, wait for Mewtwo to be released and for her to be Femtwo from the 16th movie, and a terrible character who is easily rekt by Diddy, whose down throw and Uair have been buffed. And the only character better than Diddy is Dark Pit, who has been buffed to oblivion, making it obvious that the whole thing was a deliberate ruse by Sakurai to force people to love his ******* son.

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
Finally. I've dying to be able to share replays, pictures and Miis with my friends. Also the Amiibo support is a nice addition to the 3DS version as well

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What's with this replay data is not playable bs? I have a small library of funny moments on online mode, now I gotta reset it AGAIN?

And watch the sending the photos sharing thing get banned just like swapnote for sending ****s.
Possibly because of the ability to send replays.

anaglyphix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glyph
3DS FC
3669-0309-2018
So apparently you can search for specific replays based on game mode, characters, etc., through the online "share" menu. It seems you can also look for sanpshots based on region, and mii fighters based on region and type. you can also filter all results by creator, meaning it shows only content made by friends, or only content created by yourself, which i take to mean that you can search for your wii u replays on 3ds as long as it's the same account, and vice versa.

This should mae it alot easier for miis to become tournament legal, as you can just download whatever miis you need, probably along something like the events2compete ruleset on miis.

So I guess the only content left to be added in to either game is tournament mode for wii u, the miiverse stage, mewtwo, and the rest of the ammibos. did i leave anything out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom