• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Update?

Baufius

Smash Rookie
We have spent about a week with no DOJO update because of the holidays. I think they are going to hit us with something big to get us re-involved with DOJO and the upcoming release of brawl. I'm hoping the new update is going to be at the same level as sonic. What do you guys think they will throw at us?

If my dreams come true it will be a handful of old characters that have been redone with new moves.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
more then likey it will be a normal everyday update, but a Ridley conformation will make my day.

krynny

Smash Cadet
as with every friday, and special days like this, I pray for Captain Falcon or Ganondorf.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Update:
Starting Roster-Everyone on Dojo (except Snake), C.Falcon, Animal Crosser!

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Why hasn't Falcon showed up yet? Well, like I like to say "Heroes, show up late."

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Update:
Starting Roster-Everyone on Dojo (except Snake), C.Falcon, Animal Crosser!
yeah a starter rooster update will be great so we can attempt to geuss how many characters is going to be in the game.

Burz

Smash Rookie
I'm guessing if they confirm characters, it will probably be Captain Falcon and someone from either the Starfox, Fire Emblem or Metroid series, since they only have one character on Brawl each.

sceptilian

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it will be anything much (like all other speculations). But there is still the possibility of a good update anyway.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, there's a higher chance of a really good update, but don't get your hopes up.

dragonairex

Smash Apprentice
a rocking update?
not really think so
may be the biggest thing would be telling you there are hidden characters

CelestialSeeker

Smash Rookie
Guys getting your hopes up will just make it that much worse. I've kind of given up on hyped updates because knowing Sakurai he will just give us something like "You must attack"!

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
id like to get excited for the next update but it never ends well. we will prolly learn about the A button or how to do an aerial.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
by now iv pretty much learned not to get my hopes up, but i still love dojo updates and this past week has been rough lol

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
8th or so thread on this...

Anyway, I do find it much more likely that Monday will have a better update than usual, because we know it's a special day for the Dojo already. Just because they don't celebrate Christian holidays doesn't mean they celebrate no holidays. It's a Smash Dojo holiday.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
The only thing I'm expecting (hopefully) is Sheik's revelation, since if Sheik is a transformation of Zelda, her profile must be shown off before January 24. I'm pretty sure she was on the Melee site before it came out, though I could be wrong.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I'm predicting Shiek. I'm not one of thos epeople that were going nuts over a Christmanas and NEw Years update, but I think it'll be Shiek.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I'm expecting. "You don't really have to recover!"

"I decided that forcing people to get back to the stage was far to difficult, so now as an alternative if you press absolutely no buttons, you will magically float back to the stage! Haven't I thought of everything?"

=p

But seriously, I've stopped EXPECTING anything good.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I may be expecting Shiek, but whenever I expect a decent updat, I don't do it to the point of where I get like "OMGZ NOOOO!!!!" when I see it's really something bad.

FireJumpPunch

Smash Apprentice
But in the end, even the 'lame' updates are nice . It's just that feeling you get when wondering what the next update will be, and even if you don't like what he gives you, you just say to yourself: 'there's still a chance tomorrow's update will be better'. I like that feeling. Sort of gives you hope if you know what I mean. It certainly beats no updates at all, as we've witnessed this week.

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
Don't go in expecting anything other then a standard update, remember Christmas Day and December 3rd? If there's a big update, then it's a bwelcome surprise, but if it's the more likely normal update, there's no disapointment. Don't go in expecting a double update of Captain Falcon and Zelda's special moves.

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
there was nothing special on halloween, christmas, new year (duh) and 3rd dec.
---> there won't be anything special again.

master_link12

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing if they confirm characters, it will probably be Captain Falcon and someone from either the Starfox, Fire Emblem or Metroid series, since they only have one character on Brawl each.
Falco! I really want to see him in brawl. I actually think that we will have something good or atleast not crappy like the widescreen update since we are closer to the release and I think the are done with the filler material.

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Brawl intro and Europe release date would be better than Falcon.

Probably it will be a noobish how to play update though. You must recover(2) maybe.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
you forget how close the Japanese release is. Hype is going to need to be built up again turning into good or at least decent updates.

ndnecoal

Smash Rookie
don't bother hoping we have a little more then a month. besides i bet 98% of the poeple here will check whatever site for everything from japan about brawl. i'd say that sakurai is going to give us the usual stuff some game option thing i bet. i'll just take what sakurai gives me.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Yeah you're right. I can see it now....

Replacing Batteries

Although I mentioned this in the "TV On/Off Button" update, I will explain it better.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Brawl intro and Europe release date would be better than Falcon.

Probably it will be a noobish how to play update though. You must recover(2) maybe.
Euro release date would be immense.

I'm hoping for a character.

Reality = item = cheese grater.

Top Bottom