• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Trailer for The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero DLC for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet

Shayminpocalypse.jpg

The Pokémon Company dropped a new Pokémon Scarlet and Violet DLC trailer yesterday. It noticeably featured plenty of news that wasn’t in last week’s Pokemon Presents. Let’s recap all of the new stuff shown!!

The trailer started by revealing something very exciting for fans; old starter Pokémon are returning! And not just some of them: all of the former starters will be available in Scarlet and Violet. We were then shown two new moves, Psychic Noise and Upper Hand. Psychic Noise is a special Psychic-type move that damages the opponent and stops them from healing after. Upper Hand is a physical Fighting-type move with an interesting quirk. If the opponent is using a move with priority, Upper Hand will go first, damage them and cause them to flinch. If the opponent wasn’t using priority, then the move simply fails.

Tepig.jpg

Right after that we got to see yet another pair of moves. These were Thunderclap and Tachyon Blade, and this time they’re exclusive to one Pokémon each. Raging Bolt is the sole user of Thunderclap and Tachyon Blade belongs to Iron Crown. Thunderclap dishes out damage before an opposing attack, presumably like Sucker Punch. Tachyon Cutter will simply always hit and deal damage twice.

Tachyon.jpg

The trailer didn’t end there, and what might be the biggest reveal came next, a nineteenth Tera type! It has a lovely rainbow color scheme and the icon appears to be a turtle shell. It also noticeably deals neutral damage to Dragonite. Unfortunately, that’s about where the details end, we don’t even know what it is officially named yet.

Tera.jpg

And finally, as the trailer ended it revealed Shaymin will be one of the Pokémon returning. As of now it’s not clear if any other mythical or legendaries will be available when either wave of DLC is out.

Shaymin.jpg

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero’s first part, The Teal Mask, will release shortly on September 13th, 2023. The second part, The Indigo Disk is slated for a Winter 2023 release.

Author’s Note: I find the new Tera type pretty fascinating. Judging by the fact it deals neutral damage to Dragonite, I'm going to guess it functions as a typeless or neutral type. Like, I think it'll have normal effectiveness on every other type and vice-versa. Something with no weaknesses, but zero potential for super effective hits. Also, I'm really happy they brought back Shaymin! What do you think though? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing: Zerp Zerp
Editing: @Sari, Zerp Zerp

Graphics: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

While I like the idea of adding a new type, one that plays into a gimmick that can easily be attributed to rock and or ground isn’t a really good idea IMO.

A Light/Holy type or possibly Cosmic or Digital typing would have been far more appropriate for a new type introduction. Still, curious how it works. It seems odd it was introduced via DLC.

While I like the idea of adding a new type, one that plays into a gimmick that can easily be attributed to rock and or ground isn’t a really good idea IMO.

A Light/Holy type or possibly Cosmic or Digital typing would have been far more appropriate for a new type introduction. Still, curious how it works. It seems odd it was introduced via DLC.
I don’t think it’s 100% a brand new type

seems more like a super everything at once type

Last edited:
Top Bottom