• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New TeCh. with The Ice Climbers

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
First: i found a small combo D- throw run up and upsmash you can do it with a single ic or if you can,t grab and do down B

next: (Main Event) I took note side b can lead to a down smash or grab then i tougth there should be something for back throw so I found a super combo on fox at 0% B-Throw ot side-B to D-smash then just B the b will mess up his recovery I haven,t tested it on my brother so can someone use it on someone ( it does 60% damage if done right)

test it on f-throw and with just popo if that combo becomes something I call it HAD combo Had another death combo

PB&J

Smash Hero
all these combos already been discovered but i like that u play icy's so keep it up we need more icy support

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
THank you I think we shaould make a list of ic combos to stop future mistake like this . Can anything combo with dair other than the chain throw Remember something other than the chain throw

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Phen: So basically, you're saying to wobble, but that you can cg before hand if you want, which is given with any grab combos. Nothing new.

Sometimes I just dsmash immediately after Nana nairs. Doesn't work if they shield, but occasionally they're worried about getting out of the cg too much to be shielding, and most likely are DI'ing away, which is of course a very good thing.

I remember Wobbles talking about using DI guesswork to your adv countless times in the past, but I never really tried to implement it as much as I should've. I've only just recently realized how useful it can be. Trust me, whenever you have a chance to smash in the same direction you think they are going to DI, especially if it will knock them off the ledge, take it. One of the easiest ways to get an early kill...

Binx

Smash Master
LOL @ brawl is ******** comment (cause it's so, so true.)

Anyways melee has a fluid combo game with pretty much all characters including ICs, and especially with them if you can desynch well. My favorite combos are nana blizzard to grab, dash attack to uair, and any tech chase.

If you dash right left right then press down and b really quick, nana will blizzard on her own facing right, reverse to do it left, this catches a lot of inexperienced players and you can get free grabs. If you hit with the very edge and you see them DI out of it, don't go for the grab cause it will probably miss, dash attack instead, this is countered by shielding which you counter by grabbing like you would originally do. So a rock paper kind of deal, keep in mind they are more than twice as likely to try and run or jump away because you are so likely to grab.

The secret to landing grabs is conditioning. Example: ICs vs Fox (---IC---------------Fox----) assume players start on FD in positions like that. I decide to run forward about 2 steps and shield (------IC)-------------Fox----) Fox decides to run about 5 spaces and dash dance for openings (------IC)---Fox--------------) Fox is now just out of range of my Smashes, dash attacks, any aerials, way out of grab range, too close for me to safely iceblock (although no where on the stage is close enough to safely iceblock) and a dash dance blizzard is sort of dangerous as well since once I start fox could hit me with nearly anything without me being ready to react, although if he dash danced one extra time I am close enough for a blizzard or shot hop blizzard to connect for low damage. However if I run at Fox from this position, he has a few choices, he can nair shine, if the nair hits or if I run shield again then he can shine and jump away or force me to roll without me really doing anything, but if I dash dance really tight I can grab him through his shine since he probably won't have time to jump out of it by the time I use my grab. This is conditioning I should have a good idea of what he will do, if I don't then I can make safer movements until I think I have him figured out. I could run through him, keep shielding, roll away, run at him and short hop an up air, who knows. He has the similar options. Just remember that one grab from Fox won't neccessarily kill you by the potential momentum swing might, but your grab WILL kill fox if you capitalize properly.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Vs Fox all I do is uair, bair, dash attack, grab, and u-tilt LOL.

Oh and desynched ice blocks/blizzards to assist my approaches so I feel sort of covered but not really.

My IC suck :(

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i know 3 more techs
1.(this one i would do) say you fighting fox just say i out number have a better recovery by far i move faster because it take 6 frames for anthoner hammer to bash your head in , i wieght 3 times more i will surround you, i don,t slip up ,you will freeze to death ,come on you don,t get out of losing and i will save you the enbaerment of dieing rapid fire if you quit. if they don,t crack waveddash in and murder them by surprize.

2pause right when they combo you

3 have a wireless controller take out the batterys before stage pick and when you play ask them to fix it grab their and azendash and claim to just be showing them an anvaned tech.

I wouldn,t do two or 3

Top Bottom