• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tactic for Fox?

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
Well, you know how recently people discovered that you can shine someone with fox's reflector until they're off the edge? Well, i discovered that in places like final destination, if you shine them when they're off the edge, they'll be pushed to the side and then most of the time will not be able to recover because they panic, they do their b up move their and then they go straight down. I'll see if i can upload a video.
If this has already been discovered then delete this.
Here's a diagram not the best but it's something.

Doval

Smash Lord
This sounds like one of the most impractical things ever. I'm fairly sure Fox can't combo his shines across FD, and even if he could, you have to shine the opponent into the stage and hope they panic?

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
Nice diagram. But Fox can't really pull off a shine across FD.
(and shouldn't this be in the Fox forum)

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Yup. Actually, right after messing around with the jump shine, I discovered the shine spike your talking about. It can hit people who try a lot of ledge tactics, and since you can spam the crap out of it while just hovering there, timing it is less of an issue. Like you said, not a guaranteed kill but does cause mistakes that lead to death.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Well no **** it's not like the Waveshine, but it's fast and it's as close as we can get really (with Brawl).

I'll have to check this out, though, the jump shine really looks applicable.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
nice diagram

not sure about the idea? (I dont play fox)

But I must compliment you on your diagram. kudos.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I use this tactik all the time with the b-stick i can almost shine them accros the stage and since everybody thinks fox's shine is crap it really throws them off. I still think shine spiking is still viable. I do it to the 2 people i regularly fight and it ruins them.

waks

Smash Journeyman
One application maybe for jump shines is mind gamezzz. But definitely not a guaranteed combo :(

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
A lot of you guys misunderstood his diagram. He didn't mean to chain shine them across FD. The line is meant to be an arrow, he means for you to shine them near the edge (at the dip in the line) Then jump off and shine again. Yes it does work, but i have found it easier most of the time to shine them off, then short hop dair -> shine them and recover to the edge instead, it's much easier to aim (wider area to hit). Anyways thank for the contribution, and join the foxforce please.

PeteBeast

Smash Apprentice
I've done this many time, not across FD but I've managed to put friend's of mine in tat situation, specially Wolf users, whose up-b is hard to control. Also, they would sometimes get stage-spiked, so its all good.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
this really looks affective gota learn how to do this... every one here is saying it doesnt work and alll but just try it, u never know. maybe you can shine across final D.. we are only 2 months into the game, anything is posible =0

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
I don't think this works. If you hit them with shine from on top of FD, they should go down diagonally towards the screen edges, so it'll be extremely difficult (improbable rather) to jump out to the side of them and shine them back towards the stage.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I've managed to shine people across FD and into a shine spike i'm pretty sure i have a replay of it and i'll upload it when i get a capture card for my computer. It's fairly difficult but since people think its not possible it throws them. It's definitely not perfect but it works at very low percents.

Doval

Smash Lord
Uzimaki, it's pretty much impossible. Any opponent that let you shine him across FD wasn't shielding.

Top Bottom