• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW SSB4 Character Choice Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Deoxys - 12
Lucario - 1
Mewtwo - 3

Wow, people are really showing Deoxys some love. XDD No wonder he was absent in Ruby/Sapphire, he was afraid of the fan mobs.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Bumping the topic, so Spire's work doesn't die.

I've only gotten one of these things wrong, so that must mean I have good taste in characters. lol.

Harkness

Smash Apprentice
I vote for Krystal, but in her magician style.
Hey, Brawl may not need another magician, but SOMEBODY has to break the monotony of gun/dash/launch/counter that every single other starfox character has.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Omg...your just like my friend. Total knowledge of the first generation, slight knowledge of the second, and you don't even know there's a third or fourth. :ohwell:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Really? I didn't know you were a POKEMON fan, charizard. I thought you were an F-Zero fan this whole time. Boy was I usin mine wrong. =/

Safety bumb. I agree, except for the first generation thing. Pokemon silver was awesome, but I wish they would make a remake for the DS. -_-

Charizard92

Smash Champion
clear sarcasm

Anyway, I am also upset due to the lack of a DS remake of Gold/Silver. Lugia and Ho-oh are now secret characters instead of flagshp, and Celebi can't be obtained at all.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Story while we're on the Pokemon topic. I was trying to introduce my two little sisters to Pokemon... I was gonna have one of them start on Gold and one on Silver, since we have both games from when my brothers and I all played. Turns out our Gold version has disposed of its own capacity to save the game... Dumb. But I remember we have Crystal, too. And, you guessed it, it won't save either. Silver probably only works because it wasn't used much; my brother who's not big on video games had it. All in all, it kinda frustrated me. Maybe I'll just start my other sister on Blue...

And while I'm posting, I must ask, how good is Pearl/Diamond, which has which Pokemon, and is it worth getting if I have to get a DS as well, I don't have one as of yet.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Story while we're on the Pokemon topic. I was trying to introduce my two little sisters to Pokemon... I was gonna have one of them start on Gold and one on Silver, since we have both games from when my brothers and I all played. Turns out our Gold version has disposed of its own capacity to save the game... Dumb. But I remember we have Crystal, too. And, you guessed it, it won't save either. Silver probably only works because it wasn't used much; my brother who's not big on video games had it. All in all, it kinda frustrated me. Maybe I'll just start my other sister on Blue...

And while I'm posting, I must ask, how good is Pearl/Diamond, which has which Pokemon, and is it worth getting if I have to get a DS as well, I don't have one as of yet.
I'm gonna migrate my ruby version pokemon over to Diamon version when I get it, and then I'll trade between either Pearl or Platinum, whichever comes first.

Why? Cuz I have every single pokemon in the first three generations on my ruby card.

Plus a shiny corphish.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Diamond/Pearl is a good game, but not on the level as Smash (duh) or a typical Mario platformer, more like a B game, which is OK, above average. Diamond has Dialga, who is Dragon/Steel, which means only Fighting and Ground types are a problem, which are almost non-existent in the Uber tier Dialga Belongs to (mostly populated by Psychic types), plus it can warp time. Roar of time, Dialga's signature move, works like hyper beam, in fact, it is hyper beam with a dragon type. Palkia belongs to pearl, and can warp space (why I got Pearl, due to the fact that I think space warping is better than time warping). It is Water/Dragon type, which means that it is lacking in the defensive department, especially against Dragon types, common in the standard (and uber) environment. Palkia is more offensive though. Spacial rend, Palkia's move, does a third less than what Roar of time does, but it has a high critical hit rate instead of a recharge turn. If you are a person favoring the defensive, go with Dialga, offensive, Palkia (I also like offensive moves too, except for Darkrai's dark void, which is the only reason Darkrai is also a Uber Pokemon). It is OK, but there are other games as well, like Legend of Zelda and Metroid, which are also OK.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Diamond/Pearl is a good game, but not on the level as Smash (duh) or a typical Mario platformer, more like a B game, which is OK, above average. Diamond has Dialga, who is Dragon/Steel, which means only Fighting and Ground types are a problem, which are almost non-existent in the Uber tier Dialga Belongs to (mostly populated by Psychic types), plus it can warp time. Roar of time, Dialga's signature move, works like hyper beam, in fact, it is hyper beam with a dragon type. Palkia belongs to pearl, and can warp space (why I got Pearl, due to the fact that I think space warping is better than time warping). It is Water/Dragon type, which means that it is lacking in the defensive department, especially against Dragon types, common in the standard (and uber) environment. Palkia is more offensive though. Spacial rend, Palkia's move, does a third less than what Roar of time does, but it has a high critical hit rate instead of a recharge turn. If you are a person favoring the defensive, go with Dialga, offensive, Palkia (I also like offensive moves too, except for Darkrai's dark void, which is the only reason Darkrai is also a Uber Pokemon). It is OK, but there are other games as well, like Legend of Zelda and Metroid, which are also OK.
Thanks, I'll probably end up getting one when I get a DS. I know a few other games I want for it, too (as a diehard Kirby fan, I'm desperate to play Canvas Curse with the stylus and all, lol). What other Pokemon are game specific, I mean some of the lesser ones? I don't really have people to trade with much, so I count on my game to give me the Pokemon I want. (I originally got Blue instead of Red strictly on the basis that I wanted a Sandslash, lol). I'm not really into the competitive scene, mind you, so tiers and all really don't affect my choice. I just mainly like coming up with a team I like that's good enough to beat some of my circle of friends.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Kick of life. =|

Uhm......I saw a guy yesterday who made a support threat for monty python's black knight to be in a SSB game :dizzy:

majora_787

Smash Hero
.......Polls ended a long time ago guys. Your votes aren't being counted anymore. The final results are a page or two back.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Mewtwo definitely. He's in Melee, and can be even better in SSB4. He's the first legend of the series, and has the whole bad-*** attitude that screams fighter. He should have been in Brawl.

Mewtwo takes my vote.

majora_787

Smash Hero
...The poll ended pages ago. I plan on asking Spire if he plans on continuing this project or not. I'll wait until Friday before I ask, though.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Are you kidding? Because I really don't think you know who the winner SHOULD be. (Spoiler Alert: He is suggesting that Leon is the winner...when he obviously isn't).
Technically, "kryStaL" isn't even a character. =P

Krystal will turn into one of two things: A sex icon with a stick, or a subclone of a subclone of fox. Like Falco.

Leon, on the other hand, is not BUILT like the others, and cannot be GIVEN a clone moveset. A reflector is possible, a blaster is deffinate, but I wouldn't expect a phantasm or firelizard to ruin him.

MPH Deku

Smash Journeyman
Technically, "kryStaL" isn't even a character. =P

Krystal will turn into one of two things: A sex icon with a stick, or a subclone of a subclone of fox. Like Falco.

Leon, on the other hand, is not BUILT like the others, and cannot be GIVEN a clone moveset. A reflector is possible, a blaster is deffinate, but I wouldn't expect a phantasm or firelizard to ruin him.
A sex icon with a stick is better that another Luigi clone. And, really, is there any reason for Nintendo to pick Leon over Panther? They're both equally unimportant to the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom