• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Snake Recovery AT (Axe Jump)

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
Axe Jump: Because Donkey Hop just doesn't sound right..... :laugh:

I was messing around today and found out that if you use snake's fair at the same time you jump, he gains a very slight boost. It is very situational to use, but it might be that extra bump he would need to get back to the stage. I have a video on my comp, but I dont have a way of hosting it. If someone has a youtube acct, I can send it to you to post, but it seems pretty useful.

I tested it on Hyrule Temple. Starting on that slanty block to the far right, snake is unable to doublejump to the highest platform. But if you Axe Jump, he makes it to the top. Then from that platform, if you double jump to the left and upB, he makes it to the edge of the center high platform. Using jump, axejump, and upB he makes it to the lower circular platform just past the fall through. Hopefully I can get the video up today or tomorrow so it makes more sense.

Cho?

Smash Apprentice
nice find. it's definitely situational but if its effective it could be one of those moves that every snake player must learn :)

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
yeah. every lil thing that helps heh. i think it boost him roughly half his body lenght up from a straight vertical jump, but the horizontal distance can be pretty good if he gets knocked up diagonally.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
This is good to use as you recover if you see your opponent trying to intercept you. Then there's a chance if you time this right that you could spike them as you return towards the stage.

Kruton

Smash Ace
I've been doing this for a while now. If someone is coming at you straight in the air, you can actually pull off the spike pretty easily while recovering.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Yea it does keep you airborne a slight bit longer but it becomes more of a hinderance for me. I mainly use it after grabbing the ledge when some guy wont leave me alone, it gives me enough of a boost to get in the middle of the stage.

.D0c.

Smash Cadet
We should call this move "The Boot of the Giant." (With regards to the forward air)

Top Bottom