• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Ultimate Spirit Event is Almost Here!

Smash_Event.jpg

There’s a new spirit event coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tomorrow!

This spirit event is focused on four Nintendo Switch games. The titles being The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Splatoon 3 and Pikmin 4. As you’d expect, characters from each of those games will show up as spirits. Additionally, when players fight these spirits they can earn extra gold. The spirit event starts on January 12th, 2024 at 1 AM ET. And, it’s set to go on for five days, ending January 17th, 2024 at 1 AM ET.

Author’s Note: I’m not a spirit person myself but I do think it’s pretty cool we’re getting new content. Like, I don’t think I ever imagined us getting content five years after Smash Ultimate released. Here's to hoping we see Kirby and the Forgotten Land spirits in the future. But anyway, what do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing: Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail Graphic: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Curiously, the Noah & Mio spirit fails to mention which series the characters are from. Despite this, however, their spirit does use the Xenoblade Chronicles series icon.

As for Rauru, him being a support spirit actually makes sense when you consider that his role in Tears of the Kingdom was serving as a support character for Link.

Recently did both the spirits and spiritless fights for each of them. All of them were fairly easy with spirits. Without can be a little tricky, but far from the hardest thing ever.

Rauru had potential to be one of the most obnoxious spiritless fights in the game, even moreso than the very similar Ace class fight Zelda (Breath of the Wild), but fortunately the enemy AI was far more simplistic than them, so it was easy to cheese with Ike Aether at ledge. The giant ROB was the only iffy part of the fight, as giant characters are not as easy to cheese without KO'ing yourself by accident. The fight ended up being easier than Zelda (Breath of the Wild) despite it being a Legend class fight.

Noah & Mio were the hardest of the four cause you cannot really cheese the giant Dark Samus with Chrom/Ike, but this fight is fortunately still much easier than Amalthus cause the giant Dark Samus can actually be sufficiently flinched and you easily gimp the Mii Brawler and Shulk NPCs. I find Ridley or Min Min to be the best option for this fight; Min Min has the easiest time gimping the two COMs, but harder time with Dark Samus; Ridley has a slightly harder time gimping the two COMs, but the potential to cheese the Dark Samus thanks to aerial side B grab release. I ended up finishing the fight as Ridley, although the Dark Samus kinda SD'd. Tough, but far the from hardest spiritless fight.

Oatchi was very easy both with and without spirits. Deep Cut was fairly easy too. The stage is long enough to were you can easily stall out Kyogre. From there, you can Chrom/Ike cheese them as normal. A cheeky thing you can do as Chrom for this fight is to wait for the Squid Sister zoom to be at its closest, be at the upper part of the stage, then use Chrom up B. The set knockback of Soaring Slash's first hit is enough for the enemy to hit the upper zoomed in blastzone, KO'ing them as early as 0%. This is also the strat for Squid Sisters, Yoshi (Wooly World), Hinawa, Peachette, and other similar fights.

Last edited:
Top Bottom