• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Magnus will replace Ike and it will cause a massive backlash from the community for many generations to come in a similar vein to Mewtwo.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Oh, I'm sorry Smooth Criminal! :laugh: Didn't mean to exclude.

Also, nice avatar. Best character in the entire series, easily.
Naw. Zuko's not quite one of my "favorite-favorites," but he is definitely up there. Nobody from the original series developed quite like he did (except for Aang, in some weird contrast), and the writers did a very good job with fleshing out his gradual change of heart. The only reason why he's not one of my Top Three (yes, I usually select three prominent characters from a series as my favorites; don't ask, lol) is because Aang, Toph, and Iroh kick so much *** collectively that it's hard for me to squeeze a place in for him as a standalone.

But, I do not dislike the character. Not by a long shot.

Smooth Criminal

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I don't see how is magnus going to replace ike,if you want to replace someone,do it with some one from your series,magnus can't do ike's things,but magnus as an alternatif costume could work.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Welcome to the board, Dynamo, seeing as you are relatively new. Hopefully you enjoy your stay.

Speaking of Medusa, anyone else think she'd make a cool Adventure Mode Boss? An Underworld themed level would be awesome.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't see how is magnus going to replace ike,if you want to replace someone,do it with some one from your series,magnus can't do ike's things,but magnus as an alternatif costume could work.
Well if that's the case, let me reiterate myself.

Krom will replace Ike and it will cause a massive backlash that will last many generations in the same vein as Mewtwo. But Magnus will be the one that fills Ike's niche as the ridiculously powerful swordsmen.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Welcome to the board, Dynamo, seeing as you are relatively new. Hopefully you enjoy your stay.

Speaking of Medusa, anyone else think she'd make a cool Adventure Mode Boss? An Underworld themed level would be awesome.
Yes I would rather see Medusa as a boss rather than a playable character. Though I haven't played uprising I have played the NES version.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well Magnus would have a rather bland moveset, but I love him so much I'd forgive it. I know most won't though so I no longer support him. X3

Naw. Zuko's not quite one of my "favorite-favorites," but he is definitely up there. Nobody from the original series developed quite like he did (except for Aang, in some weird contrast), and the writers did a very good job with fleshing out his gradual change of heart. The only reason why he's not one of my Top Three (yes, I usually select three prominent characters from a series as my favorites; don't ask, lol) is because Aang, Toph, and Iroh kick so much *** collectively that it's hard for me to squeeze a place in for him as a standalone.

But, I do not dislike the character. Not by a long shot.

Smooth Criminal
Yeah the development is mostly the reason why I like him the most, everyone stayed pretty constant. Aang kind of stayed the same I think, his spirit was "unbendable" throughout the entire thing. Always wanted to help people and not kill anyone. While Aang and Toph are cool, I can definitely see why you put Iroh up so high. :laugh: When he showed up on screen you could tell the next few minutes would be great.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Krom makes more sense,i personnally think ike won't get replaced though.

Magnus could still have a moveset.
He could use the powers of the Magnus club

[COLLAPSE=Kid Icarus Uprising's weapons SPOILER]
[/COLLAPSE]

But that's unlikely.

Dynamo298

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else think the Wiiu and the 3DS versions of this game are going to be different in terms of roster? I'm thinking that the 3DS will get Kid Icarus characters, and the WiiU will get famous Wii characters. So the 3DS could include Magnus, while the WiiU version may include Shulk and Ghirahim.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Shh! Don't talk about version exclusives! You'll upset everyone, and then everyone will die.

I learned about this the hard way...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You can talk about them all you want, there just isn't a point. I SWEAR I read somewhere where Sakurai basically said the roster would be universal. I'm not going to look for it now, but I will later. He didn't say "The roster will be the same on both games" but, he said something that insinuated it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does anyone else think the Wiiu and the 3DS versions of this game are going to be different in terms of roster? I'm thinking that the 3DS will get Kid Icarus characters, and the WiiU will get famous Wii characters. So the 3DS could include Magnus, while the WiiU version may include Shulk and Ghirahim.
At most I think maybe one or two exclusives per console that can be transferred to the other when you connect the two.

Other than that, the only other thing I see is perhaps the unlockables are different from system to system.

Like for examples, retros would be cool for this: Muddy Mole on the 3DS and Takamaru on the Wii U (Handheld and Home console retros, respectively.). When you connect the Wii U and 3DS versions, some data is sent over. After the connection, you do whatever, and when you disconnect, you get the "Challenger Approaching" screen and fight and unlock the other character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
By the way, it was faghag. I'm censor dodging for your convenience. It's when a woman has many homosexual friends. So Shorts would have wanted N3ON to have wanted to be his friend on the basis of his homosexuality, BUT because DreamN revealed himself as a fellow homosexual, Shorts then had competition for N3ON's friendship.

The dream may have arisen because I was visiting with my two lesbian friends for a week.

Also version exclusives are a much, much worse topic than the one I just brought up.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Guys,what are you thinking about "different in each consoles"
That could help about clones maybe?
say...one 3DS has...falcon,and your friend's has ganondorf.
But each can get them too by sharing if they want.
Like pokedex 3D.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, sort of like what I said up there?^

And off topic, but MyPants, is your location a Chicken Run reference?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Poor, pitiable Soul.

Please master, if the game physics is so easy, go out and dominate tournaments. I'll be waiting to hear of your success

It seems we get more ego-inflated people by the day. I guess we'll have to continue to show them competitive players do hang around here. I enjoy shutting them down if even if I know them :smirk:
If a melee fan bashes brawl in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, do brawl fans around the world still get butthurt?
Also yes, the physics is(are?) easy. I never said I was a master of the mental aspect of the game; I would still fail at tournaments because of that. The mental aspect is still inferior to that of Melee/P:M's though, due to lack of options. I'm not good at Melee/P:M's mental aspects either though.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
BUT because DreamN revealed himself as a fellow homosexual, Shorts then had competition for N3ON's friendship.

The dream may have arisen because I was visiting with my two lesbian friends for a week.
While I'm flattered to have been part of your everday endevours, I'm rather concerned for your perception of reality.

I mean, that is an incredibly convoluted series of events you've strung me in. Its not only odd that you've somehow associated me based on a vague perception of my sexual preference, your only acquantenceship to me is based on an internet cyberprofile. It gets even more complicated after just that.

Where in the world are the connections? This is quite beyond the scope of our setting here.

Random Undereducated Elitist said:
If a melee fan bashes brawl in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, do brawl fans around the world still get butthurt?
No no, its more that a person of low intelect purposely ventures over to a discussion to post idiotic presumtions about how they view a demographic.

It is the true essence of trolling.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
NNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
It was just a dream. No connections. Aside from the random experiences my subconscious pulled together from the day before.

I don't think you were even black in the picture in my dream. Had a few pimples though.

Ah... Yeah. I think the two fellows in question in the picture in my dream were from a REACTION PIC I saw on Tumblr. I thought they looked gay, or others would think they looked gay. How YOU got into it, well, I think I said something to you/Iblis/Kuma/Idunno the day before on here, but I don't remember what. Probably something dumb. Not worth remembering. ANYWAY, I think that's what was MESHED together.

It's fun to pick apart dreams and figure out what memories/experiences from the day or two before had been thrown together.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
The deal is I hardly even know you man!

Well this isn't getting me more uncomfortable by the moment at all.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
N30N will be mine. We will have cyber sleep overs, and I'll tell her her ex is a jerk, and that we can both diet together. That will show our exes. Arcade and SSBF cannot compete with me because I'm the Strongayst.

Now, about that Smash Wii U.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@PantsMan Ohhhh...

Not sure how I didn't get it before. I just saw the fifth one yesterday...

But either way, any opinions on the retro exclusive transferring, if we had to had exclusives?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The deal is I hardly even know you man!
You have touched many lives, and left many memories of yourself to others, some trivial and some meaningful. You try your best to make sure that you live on in those memories bringing happiness at just a mere thought. Would it be worthwhile to make someone feel anything else?

BUT SOME ****TY GUY ON THE INTERNET HAPPENED TO HAVE A DREAM WITH "YOU" IN IT AND YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. HOW MUCH OF YOU DO I KNOW THAT ISN'T JUST A NAME. IF IT WAS JUST A NAME, HOW MUCH DO YOU CARE.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Not much, but I'm sure I'tll be something to chuckle about with my homies.

Its getting too gay in here, lets talk about something hetero like war or turning a profit

Better yet, lets just get immature and talk about Nintendo, then we'll be right on track.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think I've dreamed about Oasis' lady before. That's as close as I have come to dreaming about anyone here.

I once had a dream with myself in it. Does that count?
[COLLAPSE="This picture was taken by a pretty girl I know"]
[/COLLAPSE]

It has no mommy and they feed it kitty food.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I once had a dream with myself in it. Does that count?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oasis. How many Nintendo characters have official wieght/heights? Would be cool to see you do Smash4's height/weight scale.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
[COLLAPSE="This picture was taken by a pretty girl I know"]
[/COLLAPSE]

It has no mommy and they feed it kitty food.
No joke, that picture made my day. Hopefully the little girl made it okay without a mother (I think it's a girl. Males are generally fatter.) Judging by the size, it should have been with its mom for about another week and a half at least. /Opossumologist mode off.

But anyway, I know Pokemon have official heights and weights, Donkey Kong has a weight, and Kirby characters have a height. Little Mac also has both. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Shorts: Samus (possibly retconned), R.O.B. (...the peripheral, at least), Kirby, Olimar, Fox, Falco, all Pokemon (not Red, though some trainers do have official heights and weights), Snake, and Sonic.

By the way, I was lucky to find out that Etemon was given an official height. 1.65m (5' 5").

D

Deleted member

Most Digimon do have official heights, Oasis. Digimon Wiki is the best source for all information you need.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK is also about 5000 pounds according to DK64.

And who's dreaming about who in here? (And be careful what you're saying)

:phone:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
No no, its more that a person of low intelect purposely ventures over to a discussion to post idiotic presumtions about how they view a demographic.

It is the true essence of trolling.
That's an awful lot of mad to have evoked name calling.
Also...
>presumtions
>Intelect*
I found the errors, do I win a prize?

*Insulting my intellect and then spelling it wrong...
The irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom