• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So you basically added to the existing franchises.

Not a lot of new ones. I don't like it.
Well... to be fair... Sakurai doesn't seem to add many new franchises in each game except for Smash 64 which had 10 franchises.

Melee added three new franchises:
Fire Emblem - active
Game & Watch - retro
Ice Climber - retro

Brawl added six new franchises:
Kid Icarus - retro
Metal Gear - third party
Pikmin - new
R.O.B. - retro
Sonic - third party
Wario - active

Smash 4 - how many new franchises might they add? And which ones? What is a realistic amount of new franchises and which ones seem realistic? Remember realistic =/= popular.

Active / New
- Advance Wars (Andy)
- Captain Rainbow
- Golden Sun (Isaac or Matthew)
- Legendary Starfy (Starfy)
- Punch-Out!! (Little Mac)
- Sin & Punishment (Saki or Isa)
- Xenoblade Chronicles (Shulk)
- Wii Sports (Mii)

Retro
- Duck Hunt (Hunting Dog)
- For the Frog the Bell Tolls (Prince Sable)
- Mach Rider
- Mole Mania (Muddy)
- Murasame Castle (Takamaru)
- Puzzle League (Lip)
- Star Tropics (Mike Jones)

Third Party
- Capcom (Mega Man or Street Fighter)
- Konami (Castlevania or Bomberman)
- Namco (Pac-Man)
- Square Enix (Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh wait... The first psynergy used in the series was Move, and it was used by Isaac's mom to grab something.

SO MAYBE IT COULD BE A GRABBY MOVE.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Yeah, he'll surely USE his sword some, but labeling him a sword-wielder seems a bit much.

I mean, not that I want to bring Saki down or anything. They'd both be great and interesting additions.
I prefer Isaac to Saki, but Isaac's main weapon is his sword, right?(It's been years since I played Golden Sun), but Saki's whole deal is the fact that his game is a rail shooter, making his gun the weapon he uses by far the most. Saki only used his sword occasionally. I just assumed that Isaac would use his sword way more in his kit.

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh wait... The first psynergy used in the series was Move, and it was used by Isaac's mom to grab something.

SO MAYBE IT COULD BE A GRABBY MOVE.
Grab something? Sounds like it was Catch. Didn't Isaac's mother give him the Catch Beads in the beginning of the game?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
WHO KNOWS.

Imagine if his grab was a projectile? Like, he shot out the hand, and as it floated around, Isaac could move freely. Only when it grabbed someone would Isaac be forced to stand still to decide on what kind of throw to use. COULD THROW THE OPPONENT BACK TOWARDS HIM AND WHACK HIM OUT OF THE PARK.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That would be way too good. Here's an alternate idea though.

In SFxTK, Poison's super art is her shooting an Aeolus Edge (her fireball) and if the opponent is hit when Poison can't freely move, the rest of the super takes place. Otherwise, it becomes a light Aeolus Edge and the rest of the super doesn't occur. Isaac's projectile grab could work this way.

And Saki should be a gunslinger like BlazBlue's Noel.

The SFxTK anecdote reminded me of something. That game seemingly found a way to keep cinematic supers in place when there are more than two characters on the screen. Unlike Sf4, the supers have more natural movements and heights, meaning the supers are just seen in dynamic angles. This could work for Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Talking about gimmicks, if Lip makes it, wouldn't she be OP if they gave her attacks the functions of Lip's Stick?

Yes... unless the Lip's Stick effect occurs whenever Lip performs a Smash attack. I mean, we don't perform Smash attacks every time we attack, right?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
And Saki should be a gunslinger like BlazBlue's Noel.
...Saki should have a move where he twirls his gun around in his hand, while firing shots in every direction... :333

Like maybe a Utilt.

Also I tend to think of his Dair as firing a few shots at a downward angle. Might be able to follow that up with something as you're falling. MAKE YOUR LANDING SAFER MAYBE.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Saki's Utilt: Neutral A works better. Or if supercharged, Down Smash.

I really, really wish to see Airan as a luigified clone of Saki. More wifes for Smash!!!

/Same goes for Caeda./

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Caeda is just a faghag looking out for Marth in those less-accepting times.

But Jenna for Isaac clone. (Not a Venus adept? Too bad!)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think Caeda is just a faghag looking out for Marth in those less-accepting times.

But Jenna for Isaac clone. (Not a Venus adept? Too bad!)
It's true. We all have our own Caeda's.

Marth is absolutely gay. Almost as infamously gay as Link.

Now, Smash needs Crossdressers. Birdo 4 Smash

I wouldn't mind seeing Medusa, or Jenna be clones.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Saki's Utilt: Neutral A works better. Or if supercharged, Down Smash.

I really, really wish to see Airan as a luigified clone of Saki. More wifes for Smash!!!

/Same goes for Caeda./

Screw the wives! We need MOAR girlfriends like Mona, Dixie, Daisy, Paula, and Kumatora. :D

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Am I the Strongest... or the Strangest?

I approve of Dixie as filling the girlfriend quota. I don't think Mona, Daisy, or Kumatora even count though.

Also I'm going to say DAIJOUBU to you so much online, Iblis. Voice chat is a must.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, I was thinking about who might be revealed in the first Smash 4 trailer... Besides the obvious four veterans: Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu... I am thinking that it is possible Pit may be the fifth veteran confirmed - due to Sakurai's bias toward Uprising. As for the newcomers... and by that, I mean the brand new characters who have never been playable in Smash before... I was thinking of the five characters I think may generate more hype.

Popular Character - Toad
He would be analogous to Meta Knight's reveal because he is a popular character from a franchise that already have playable characters.

Popular Retro - Takamaru
He would be analogous to Pit's reveal because he is a popular character from a dormant franchise that doesn't have playable characters.

Popular Series - Little Mac
He would be analogous to Wario's reveal because he is a popular character from a popular franchise that doesn't have playable characters.

Popular Female - Palutena
She would be analogous to Zero Suit Samus's reveal because she is a popular character from a popular franchise that already have playable characters.

Popular Third Party - Mega Man
He would be analogous to Snake's reveal because he is a popular character from a popular third-party franchise that doesn't have playable characters.

I don't know why but these match-ups seem fitting for a debut trailer:

Mario vs. Little Mac
Doc Louis is riding on his bicycle with Little Mac running behind him. Mario drives by in his kart and drops a banana. Doc Louis loses control of his bicycle and falls over the bridge and into the water. Little Mac jumps in and challenges Mario. They trade punches in a boxing ring, complete with a live audience. Doc Louis is cheering Little Mac on whereas Luigi is cheering Mario on - triggering paranoid fears of the possibility of Luigi getting the cut. :troll:

Link vs. Takamaru
Link and Takamaru are shown to be clashing their swords in an ancient Japanese landscape, complete with beautiful sakura trees and Japanese buildings. Some sort of creature is besides the Murasame statue and suddenly the statue comes to life. Link and Takamaru team up after the statue attacks them - triggering speculation about the statue as a possible boss in Adventure Mode.

Kirby vs. Palutena
Kirby is riding through the clouds on his Warp Star. Kirby is attacked by a barrage of arrows shot in his way. He dodges them and crashes onto a Greek temple in the sky. Palutena appears and uses magic to shield Kirby from Centurions who are shooting at them. Kirby uses his Final Smash to launch the Centurions away - confirming that Final Smashes are back and triggering speculation about why the Centurions would attack Palutena.

Pikachu vs. Toad
Pikachu is sleeping in the forest. Toad wanders into the forest and he is attacked by bombs. The bombs are falling from the sky. Pikachu wakes up and it comes to help Toad against the space ships. Toad uses his superhuman strength to throw bombs back at the space ships whereas Pikachu uses Thunderbolt against the space ships - prompting fans to comment on the Wario's Woods homage and feeding into the fans' speculation about whether the Adventure Mode is going to be based on Uprising or not.

Pit vs. Mega Man
Pit is flying through some sort of futuristic space station like in Uprising. He spots a bunch of robots attacking some unidentified character and he flies down to their aid. He shoots at some robots and the unidentified character shoots at the other robots. The camera turns to show the identity of the unidentified character: Mega Man! This causes fans to go wild. :awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I want voice chat in so that y'all can hear how deep muh voice is :cool:
Wii U better have gamertags so that I can call myself "Tubesteak the Great"

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

This comin from the SAME ***** who was too scared to battle a ***** yesterday. Talkin' about he gotta "go to the movies" and ****. Ain't that bout a *****?

One of these days we gonn fight

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been following this thread religiously, let alone posted on smashboards in years so forgive me if this is old, but has anyone heard about this yet?
Mainly this quote: "Once a month the Nintendo crew has a conference where we read through 4Chan to get a feel for what our fans are up to. What kind of things are they interested in? How old are they? Where do they live? Do their apartment complexes have security at night?..."

I bring this up to emphasize they really do take fan opinion into consideration when making games, & not just the typical Wii Fit gamer opinion, but hardcore gamers, too. Even though this isn't 4chan & Sakurai isn't Nintendo, I feel quote is a great thing for us in a lot of ways.

Also...
Wii U better have gamertags so that I can call myself "Tubesteak the Great"

^This FTW

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

This comin from the SAME ***** who was too scared to battle a ***** yesterday. Talkin' about he gotta "go to the movies" and ****. Ain't that bout a *****?

One of these days we gonn fight
Fight Me.

Sorry I find going to the movies with my girl more important than a battle with you. Well then again, I'm not sorry. :smirk:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Okay okay I see you. Keep talkin'. We finna fight for real now lol
Oh really now?

I haven't been following this thread religiously, let alone posted on smashboards in years so forgive me if this is old, but has anyone heard about this yet?
Mainly this quote: "Once a month the Nintendo crew has a conference where we read through 4Chan to get a feel for what our fans are up to. What kind of things are they interested in? How old are they? Where do they live? Do their apartment complexes have security at night?..."

I bring this up to emphasize they really do take fan opinion into consideration when making games, & not just the typical Wii Fit gamer opinion, but hardcore gamers, too. Even though this isn't 4chan & Sakurai isn't Nintendo, I feel quote is a great thing for us in a lot of ways.
I just have to say this. Of all the places they choice 4chan? Ughhh, maybe this explains why some video games are the way they are.

@Oasis: Oh god, please tell me it's a joke V___V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom