• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I would actually love Zelda's design from SS. I wasn't fond of it at first, but it slowly grew on me over time. I really like that hairstyle for whatever reason. <3

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yet, you agree that ZSamus SHOULDN'T meet Snake?
..Moving on.
Wut?

If it resembles Mach Rider somehow I'm cool with that attack.

And yes, totally agree with the Diddy / Dixie , Palutena / Medusa part. Surely they'll be somewhat similar. Doesn't mean they'll have to be clones. Just similar in the way say, Samus and Captain Falcon where in Smash 64.
YEAH SEE, when that Mach Rider: Unchained rumor came about and we discussed his inclusion, I hated the idea. He's quite literally a PROTO-FALCON, and I really didn't think there was a whole lot to differentiate him from his DESCENDENT. HOWEVER, I did a bit of research and noticed something peculiar about Mach Rider. IN THE GAME, when crashing against stuff, he'll explode into fragment. IF YOU HAVE AN EXTRA LIFE, those pieces will come back together instantly and you continue MACH RIDING. I think it's SUCH AN INTERESTING ABILITY with clear BATTLE APPLICATIONS as well as an overarching theme to his attacks with their own FLAIR and INDIVIDUAL FEEL. Really, I just fell in love with the thought.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Fans highly want more than just slew of battle episodes. Also doing an SSB-anime = doing a massive Nintendo-crossover. No wonder the anticipation and expections would be high.
(-'.'-)

They were given a similar opportunity with doing Adventure Mode for SSBB, whivh turned to Subspace. Lost my faith on proper SSB-anime or story there.

:phone:
Exactly. The SSE didn't even live up to some expectations, for those like me who set really high standards for Brawl after playing Melee for so many years.

EDIT: Personally, I'm not interested in such an idea as Smash anime. It could never really be done correctly.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Just re-quoting what I said pages ago

Just going to leave characters I personally want to see:

Shiida: One of the main female protagonists in the Fire Emblem series and could easily break up the monotony of sword users.

Ghirahim: I know its too soon but he has potential to be a unique and interesting fighter and you can easily create moveset for him.

Ridley: Given

Takamaru: A Samurai in any Fighting Game is instantly awesome.

Megaman X: Honestly not a big fan of Classic.

Rosalina: A character that has been getting a lot of popularity since Mario Galaxy. Although I'm scared that she will be a Peach clone though.....

Little Mac: A loved series by fans and defiantly deserves a spot.

Palutena/Medusa: Either one would be great.

Travis Touchdown: I'm pretty sure most of you would go all WTF on me but Goichi Suda actually said if he wanted Travis in Smash he would do it. Hey if they could make Snake work then I'm sure they'll do the same for Travis.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Fans highly want more than just slew of battle episodes. Also doing an SSB-anime = doing a massive Nintendo-crossover. No wonder the anticipation and expections would be high.
(-'.'-)

They were given a similar opportunity with doing Adventure Mode for SSBB, whivh turned to Subspace. Lost my faith on proper SSB-anime or story there.

You think this Kid Icarus thing is going to be much (Repeat, *much*) different from such? They're called "Shorts". Obviously, they'll suck. THey're like a special toy inside a cerial box, or just another word from Oasis that could sound smart :troll: Jkin

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Asage:Announcement for SSB-shorts would be acceptable and maybe even AWESOME to me if KI-ones turn out to be great and they announce similar stuff for SSB4. Just. DON'T try to attempt on 'SSB with a long, serious story' ever again. I'd throw my
opinions against SSB-anime out then.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't mean to interrupt, but talking about a Smash Bros. anime pretty much takes us off the primary topic of this thread. I suggest that the anime subject be dropped before any Moderators take action.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wut?

YEAH SEE, when that Mach Rider: Unchained rumor came about and we discussed his inclusion, I hated the idea. He's quite literally a PROTO-FALCON, and I really didn't think there was a whole lot to differentiate him from his DESCENDENT. HOWEVER, I did a bit of research and noticed something peculiar about Mach Rider. IN THE GAME, when crashing against stuff, he'll explode into fragment. IF YOU HAVE AN EXTRA LIFE, those pieces will come back together instantly and you continue MACH RIDING. I think it's SUCH AN INTERESTING ABILITY with clear BATTLE APPLICATIONS as well as an overarching theme to his attacks with their own FLAIR and INDIVIDUAL FEEL. Really, I just fell in love with the thought.
Could make a lot of sence if he'd be damaging himself with those sort of attacks? After all, it's him 'dying' where he gets those powers from right? Good character for high risk- high reward kind of play. Slower in running than Captain Falcon by far, but very fast once on his bike. Could jump with his bike to, thus having pretty good recovery with it. Aerials would resemble Falcon's a lot, or at least his aerial play.

I kinda envision him that way, and I like it! **** it even, count me in as a supporter! But like you - ONLY if he resembles the playstyle like this.

If he doesn't make it, I perhaps would suggest this guy being the Falcon of the next Smash Bros. Of coarse taken in consideration that there will be no new F-Zero games...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would love to see Zelda make her SS appearance in SSB4. :3 And honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Sheik replaced with Impa.
OH SHI-

With that being said. I think I'm of playing Skyward Sword.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
In my opinion, I am open to the idea of Impa and Ghirahim being playable. I wasn't open to Midna or Zant because they seemed bland to me... Ghirahim has a fabulous personality that appeals me, not to mention the way diamonds appear whenever he teleports... such cool special effects. :awesome: And Impa is at least recurring seeing she was in both NES games (as an elderly woman), Ocarina (as a young woman), Oracle games (as a BBW), and finally Skyward (as a young woman again)... and it is in Skyward where we finally see her in action. But my personal pick is Tingle... I love the idea of a Balloon Fighter who uses Rupees, bombs, and fairies to fight! ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As long as it isn't Ghirahim, Tingle AND Sheik... The Zelda franchise would be expressing a bit TOO much of it's sexually confusing characters. O_O

Impa is still good though, and very re-appearing. The very fact that they planned to revive Sheik in Twilight Princess, didn't do it and brought back Impa in the next game kinda proves it enough for me already. I just never brought it up....... :awesome:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon had such an amazing soundtrack. I would love to hear some remixes for it. I know they were remixed for Panel de Pon 2 in Nintendo Puzzle Collection, however, many of the remixes were inferior to the originals.

Also, I am still pretty early in Skyward Sword.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon had such an amazing soundtrack. I would love to hear some remixes for it. I know they were remixed for Panel de Pon 2 in Nintendo Puzzle Collection, however, many of the remixes were inferior to the originals.
Maan, you don't know how I'm with you there. EVERY SONG was catchy and fun to listen. It made the game much more fun to play too.

Just wish they'd finally give some more love for Panel De Pon/Puzzle League and bring us some remixes from those games. Flare's/Blargg's theme would be EPIC.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
LOL WUT I just had a mental image of Ghirahim trying to lay eggs with B. :scared:
I'm not even sure he'd mind that... But I'll refrain from judging.

Also, I am still pretty early in Skyward Sword.
Good to know. Am eager to know what you'll think of Impa when your done with the game.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Zoroak specials

Down B: Illusion

Zoroak randomly transforms into a playable character. Zoroak retains his stats (except for range and model size) and B moves. However, he uses the opponent's A moves (the strength and speed of the move is based on Zoroak's stat). Down B will return him to normal form.

Up B: Night Daze

Zoroak pauses. Dark energy rises from his eyes. He then rockets in a chosen direction (with the ability to slightly curve during motion). Dark energy gathers in front of him. His damage output and ability to withstand attacks without breaking the move increases with length (length similar to Lucario's up B). if he hits the ground while still in the move, dark shockwaves radiate outwards along the ground.

Side B: Honing Claw

Zoroak's claw glows with dark energy. He rushes toward the nearest opponent (shorter than Fox's Illusion) with homing capacity. Free fall motion if ended in the air.

B: Dark Pulse

Chargable, cannot cancel except letting go of B. Zoroak charges a ball of dark energy. When released the ball turns into a circular wave (the distance depending on the charge) radiating out from Zoroak. Does damage but no knockback. Stun only when the opponent is very close and the charge high.

PF9

Smash Lord
I can easily expect stages based off the latest Kirby games. I haven't played RtDL yet, but I can reasonably guess there will be a stage.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As long as it isn't Ghirahim, Tingle AND Sheik... The Zelda franchise would be expressing a bit TOO much of it's sexually confusing characters. O_O

Impa is still good though, and very re-appearing. The very fact that they planned to revive Sheik in Twilight Princess, didn't do it and brought back Impa in the next game kinda proves it enough for me already. I just never brought it up....... :awesome:
About Ghirahim
He's actually genderless. He and Phi are kind of like the shinigami in Death Note. They may have an appearance that reflects a particular gender, but because they're swords (a sword with swords....) they don't have genders.
Diamond-encrusted eggs :awesome:
Filled with rainbows of evil.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Good to know. Am eager to know what you'll think of Impa when your done with the game.
Already encountered Ghirahim and Impa. However, it was only their first appearances for both.

The problem is that I am against the idea of cuts in general, so even if Impa would be a natural fit for Sheik's moveset, I am against Impa getting in on principle. There is also the matter that Sheik has been a part of Zelda for two Smash games now. Sheik might not be important to Zelda, but she is important to Smash Bros.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ghirahim should get a game of 'Ghirahim's Island': Skyward Sword 2'.

Back to topic, plz
*gigglesnort* Will Baby Ganondorf ride on his back? And subsequently appear in Zelda Kart?

I wish Sakurai didn't feel it was important to have two Links. Would rather Ghirahim take Tink's spot. :I

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Does anybody else remember Sakurai saying that SSB4 would have new and different characters? By that information I wouldn't be surprised to see Ghirahim and Impa both make an appearance.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Does anybody else remember Sakurai saying that SSB4 would have new and different characters? By that information I wouldn't be surprised to see Ghirahim and Impa both make an appearance.
I follow everything Sakurai says closely, and I have never seen him say that.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Rosalina Specials

B: Star Bits
Rosalina shoots Star Bits out of her wand that deal 3% each to the opponent.

Side B: Luma Hold
Rosalina's Luma can grab any items and bring them to Rosalina, if a Luma grabs an opponent t will hold them in place for a few seconds.

Up B: Levitation
Rosalina floats in the air and has complete mobility, but it only lasts for 5 seconds.

Down B: Force Field
Rosalina creates a shield around her, like Mario's Cape it lasts for 2seconds so you need to have precise timing to reflect projectiles. If you hit a projectile it will reflect double the speed.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think this got lost during last discussion:

Hey guys. just wondering, what if the official art for SSB4 would be done by artists behind KI Uprising's art?

SSB4 then has high-quality anime-style (?) art around it, drawn in same way as for Uprising depicting Pit and his use of weapons, other characters like Palutena, Medusa, bosses, Magnus and like.
You could unlock more art by collecting huger pics than stickers which would be more rare. They can be then seen in the separate "Gallery Mode."

The art would depict characters and their abilities, stages, assist trophies, (maybe) items. Battle scenes, even artists' personally made scenes which maybe could characters doing else than fighting together, etc.

I think it would be appealing and all the characters would look great. (personally)
Also it wouldn't be so lazily recycled trophy-art like Brawl did with Dojo!!
Your opinions on this?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Already encountered Ghirahim and Impa. However, it was only their first appearances for both.

The problem is that I am against the idea of cuts in general, so even if Impa would be a natural fit for Sheik's moveset, I am against Impa getting in on principle. There is also the matter that Sheik has been a part of Zelda for two Smash games now. Sheik might not be important to Zelda, but she is important to Smash Bros.
I'm all for cuts, if they are reasonable. Dr.Mario for example had no place in Brawl I feel as he was the most obvious uninspired clone. Pichu slightly less so, but pretty much the same.

Cuts made room for Toon Link to, instead of Young Link- and highly likely the same for Ike and Roy. I feel Impa -> Sheik is in exactly the same situation as previous named characters.

D

Deleted member

I thought of a Poke Ball idea for Zorua (or Zoroark if she happens to not be playable)
They come out as another Poke Ball summon and do the motions that the summon would normally do.
However...there are no hurt boxes that come from them. (For example, if Zorua/Zoroark comes out as Groudon, touching "Groudon" won't cause any sort of damage or knockback.)
After the usual motions are finished, the fake Pokemon will reveal themself as Zorua/Zoroark, laugh at the players for trolling them, then disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom