• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani_

Smash Ace
I saw a few people on another board debating if Dr. Mario and Mario are the same character or not, what do you guys think? Is Dr. Mario a different Mario?

D

Deleted member

I saw a few people on another board debating if Dr. Mario and Mario are the same character or not, what do you guys think? Is Dr. Mario a different Mario?
They are in fact Mario.

:phone:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
What happened to Lord Hokage, the king of all trolls? I don't want him to come back. Hopefully he wob't or hopefully he will stop his "MEgamAn SukS" or hopefully he will learn how to spell.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
What?????:glare:
You should be nice to little ROOKIES like me.
oh yeah how do you get that image of Zapdos as your picture?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What?????:glare:
You should be nice to little ROOKIES like me.
oh yeah how do you get that image of Zapdos as your picture?
You may be new here, but you need to learn to edit your posts. It's never good to double post, triple post, or even quadruple post. Instead, wait until someone else replies before making a new post.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Dr. Mario should be counted as a new Wario character since Dr. Mario 64 took place in Wario Land. :troll:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
My bad for quadruple posting. It wont happen again.;)
Will Ryu Hayabusa be in ssb4? I want him as much as Megaman.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
"HEY YOU GUYS! You know, we hate to announce it, but Sonic and Snake aren't returning. BUT HEY! We got TWO GREAT ADDITIONS this time around! Go ahead, guess who they are!"

"GENO"
.... "MEGAMAN!"
"SORA!"

"BAHAHA, even better! Ryu Hayabusa and Professor Layton!"

That wouldn't go over well. I really doubt any non BIG FIVE third parties. Plus, it's supposedly SUCH A FRIGGIN HASSLE to add third parties, I'm just not too sure about it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ryu Hayabusa is the only non Big 5 that I think people would be fine with, that may have a shot.

But I do agree, the Big 5 have the best shot.

Wizard Of Seraphym

Smash Cadet
Professor Layton was produced by Nintendo, so I'd like to think he's got a chance.

I'm hoping for something along the lines of Pheonix Wright as seen in UMvC3

And Ryu Hyabusa is in Brawl.

just Learn 2 mods k

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Travis Touchdown from either Namco or Capcom? If he is from either one, there are clearly better choices.

D

Deleted member

Isn't Travis Touchdown from either Namco or Capcom? If he is from either one, there are clearly better choices.
He's from Ubisoft.

@Wizard: Because there are clearly better third-party choices. Mega Man, Slime, Professor Layton, and Ryu Hayabusa are all examples of better choices.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
He's from Ubisoft.

@Wizard: Because there are clearly better third-party choices. Mega Man, Slime, Professor Layton, and Ryu Hayabusa are all examples of better choices.

Ubisoft? Weren't they the ones Nintendo was getting major help on sponsoring the Wii U or something back at E3? (I can't remember)

If so I wouldn't be surprised if we got a character from them. Although I do agree that there are better choices.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He's not from Ubisoft. He's from Grasshopper Manufacture, Inc.

PUBLISHERS DON'T MEAN A WHOLE LOT, PEOPLE.

Oh, and he's also ****. LOADS of ****.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Travis's game is quite mature compared to the rest of the others represented in Smash Bros. I am not so sure he fits in with the others. I'm also not sure his moveset would be very interesting (haven't played the second one but I'd be surprised it added much depth to his capability).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ubisoft? Weren't they the ones Nintendo was getting major help on sponsoring the Wii U or something back at E3? (I can't remember)

If so I wouldn't be surprised if we got a character from them. Although I do agree that there are better choices.
I don't think Nintendo "friends" has anything to do with third party inclusion. Like, at all. One addition was fan demand, and the other was PERSONAL relationships. We don't quite know what Bangenoman's reasoning was, but I'm sure it ran more along the Sonic/Snake path, not the "Well Nintendo does play nice with them" path.

If that was how it worked, I think we would have seen a Square character, and a Namco charater. NOT a SEGA and Konami character. Pac Mage or Night Slime > Sonic Snake

Travis's game is quite mature compared to the rest of the others represented in Smash Bros. I am not so sure he fits in with the others. I'm also not sure his moveset would be very interesting (haven't played the second one but I'd be surprised it added much depth to his capability).
It can't get more mature than Samus, Lucas, and Snake.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't think Nintendo "friends" has anything to do with third party inclusion. Like, at all. One addition was fan demand, and the other was PERSONAL relationships. We don't quite know what Bangenoman's reasoning was, but I'm sure it ran more along the Sonic/Snake path, not the "Well Nintendo does play nice with them" path.

If that was how it worked, I think we would have seen a Square character, and a Namco charater. NOT a SEGA and Konami character. Pac Mage or Night Slime > Sonic Snake
Good point. I know when I'm beat.

With this now in my head, I'm only expecting someone from Capcom or Square due to the demand and that Sakurai interview (which was sort of what I was already expecting but it never hurts to limit choices and expectations).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In other news, Tacket is still confused as to why anyone would want Waluigi to be a PC.

1) Represents the spin-offs.
2) Actually has more personality than Mario and is also an interesting character in his own right.
3) Making moves for him is rather easy.
4) Is actually pretty popular, not on the biggest scale ever, but popular none the less.

Really, the best counterargument I've seen is that he's not a Canon character, despite the fact that you can't define what's Canon in Mario whatsoever due to no official Nintendo statements. Mainstream is also heavily questionable too. What's really mainstream here? The spin-offs are more common and sell just as well. They can be argued as the mainstreamed games. Really, the best I can think of is that there's a few more important characters before him. Paper Mario, Bowser Jr.(Shadow Mario), and Toad. But after them, there's really no one good left.(this isn't count characters from the Wario or Yoshi series as they are their own series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom