• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashless gama

Smash Cadet
Why? Because they're both dragons?

Link and Marth are both swordsmen. That doesn't warrant one being a clone of another.
Well yeah. But maybe if I actually played their games I would have more knowledge on just how much the same they are. They're both dragons who are heavies with wings and large size. I have no idea where to go from there though. Besides, Marth and Link are very different when it comes to sword length, weight, etc.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Well yeah. But maybe if I actually played their games I would have more knowledge on just how much the same they are. They're both dragons who are heavies with wings and large size. I have no idea where to go from there though. Besides, Marth and Link are very different when it comes to sword length, weight, etc.
You being too general... Ridley is skinny and scrawny, has a larger wingspan, etc. He's just as different, if not more different, than Link is to Marth.

You really ought not draw conclusions about a character you know little about... =P Do some research first.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
They could make Ridley into a character. Heck they can even shrink him down in Cannon. Since he is cloned each time they would just have to clone a Mini Me version of him (Though he would still be one of the larger characters in Smash).

My only problem with a Smaller Ridley is that it wouldn't show the "Awesomeness" that big Ridley has. I think the giant monster like appearance is what makes Ridley such a great character.

If anything his Final Smash needs to make him grow to his giant self.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
However I'm still against the idea of Ridley's presence. We'll just see who laughs at who when the character list is finally announced in about two years :) And YES I'LL DO RESEARCH!
I'm not necessarily for his presence. I'm just against people saying that any given character can't have a moveset. XP

Even Andross can be given a moveset. I would personally go to Sakurai's house and steal his identity if he did that, but it CAN be done. It SHOULDN'T be done, but it CAN be done. =P

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I'll break my rule to suggest this:

Ridley, if he's in, should have an attack where he grabs his opponent and drags them along the ground for a short distance. He's totally obsessed with doing that to Samus.

Ridley should have an absolutely evil fighting style, treating his opponents like dolls.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I used to not be excited about Ridley, but after seeing Firebrand in UMvC3 I have since changed my opinion...

@Hex: Yes he should have a dragging move, maybe a forward special grab or something?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I just realize that Mike Tyson doesn't work as an avi for me because of my name (Remove the "i").

I did not mean to offend anyone and I changed it right away.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Hex should totally impersonate Sakurai, that way we'll have the perfect Smash, Hex style. :cool:

:phone:
Lol, as much as I feel like I'm good at designing concepts, I don't think I have the technical knowhow for the job.

That being said, if I had the opportunity to write the story and design the UI, I'd be content. Those are my biggest gripes with Brawl.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also I just realized King Hippo would make a far better AT or maybe as an SSE with body slams and all.
Meh, I'd rather see Hippo as a SSE boss,

I think Bald Bull would work better as a AT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom