• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't even have more than 2 games in which he's playable. He makes countless cameo's yes, but that's all he'll ever be in Smash. A cameo. Also he sounds like a chicken :B
That says a lot considering how many characters you actually have playable in the Super Mario Bros. series
Mario Bros - almost all installments
Toad - 2 installments (SMB2 and NSMB Wii)
Peach - 1 installment (SMB2)
Yoshi - technically ridable, and only truly playable in SM64 DS.
Wario - 1 installment (SM64 DS)

And I want Pikachu to be able to use electro ball as Neutral B. an uncharged attack would be the thunde4r jolt, but a fullly charged attack would be the electro ball.
That's an interesting concept. I like it. Thunder jolt is nice, but having more newer moves would really help make Pikachu's and the other characters' movesets a lot more refreshing. Not too different, but some changes would be nice.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know it sounds crazy. But think about it. He's a long running pokemon like Charizard. Snrlax could atbest be part of pokemon trainer.

Then comes my idea for a pokeball pokemon to use dig

And I want Pikachu to be able to use electro ball as Neutral B. an uncharged attack would be the thunde4r jolt, but a fullly charged attack would be the electro ball.
Snorlax hardly does anything but eat and sleep. Not a good playable rep by any means.

Electro Ball would be an interesting addition to Pikachu though.

D

Deleted member

I know that this guy is never going to make it, but how would you react if Justin Bieber was made playable in Super Smash Bros. 4?[COLLAPSE="My Reaction"]I would laugh my butt off and use him as a punching bag.[/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

Additionally, how do you think the Smash fan base would react if Just Bieber got in?
I don't even know who that guy is.
Justin Bieber is an inadequate pop singer that it seems that everyone and their kids love. Just watch "Baby" on Youtube for what I mean.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Galaxy's stage on the other hand should be Spaceship Mario, while NSMBWii should be Bowser's Castle.
I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with you, but Bowser's Castle definetly needs to be implemented into Smash somehow, its been around since SMB's and has been in numerous spin titles over the years, it definetly suits Bowser and it's about time he got a stage of his own, with hazards of course.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Airship stage should be a sort of retro one, taking design elements from Super Mario Bros 3. Could be Kingdom III. :V

Galaxy's stage on the other hand should be Spaceship Mario, while NSMBWii should be Bowser's Castle.
I was thinking the Comet Observatory at one point. Of course, like I said before, Rosalina would be limited to being Peach's alternate outfit pick.

OmegaXXII

starphoenix said:

The Starship Mario! The main hub/starship from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Out of all the stages this one is the most straight forward, Battlefield type design. The field would be at the command deck of the Starship Mario, with three platforms above. The background is what will make this stage remarkeable. For starters; on the ship itself you will find Lubba, little Luma's floating back and forth, the Toad Brigade and their craft, and the occassional star bit falling onto the stage (the effect of which will heal a character 1% of damage). Here is where the special part comes in, simlarly to Lylat Cruise, Starship Mario will warp to different galaxies between Mario Galaxy 1&2! An intergalactic tour while fighting on a giant, floating Mario head! The galaxies you can see will be as follows:

Comet Observatory
Good Egg Galaxy
Gusty Garden Galaxy
Battlerock Galaxy
Toy Time Galaxy
Melty Molten Galaxy
Fluffy Bluff Galaxy
Wild Glide Galaxy
Freezy Flake Galaxy
Supermassive Galaxy
Space Storm Galaxy
Throwback Galaxy

Stage name: Starship Mario
Icon: Mushroom

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Starship Mario
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sky Station Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Throwback Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Yoshi Star Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Fluffy Bluff Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Final Bowser Battle
Super Mario Galaxy - Into The Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Gusty Garden Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Buoy Base Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Purple Coins
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 - Bowser Galaxy*

*This song will be a melding of the two Bowser Galaxy themes

I know a lot of people imagined a planetoid kind of stage, but I think this is more functional and likely. The music is going to be the more controversial part as there are still many good tracks left out. Since, as of now, the musical limit for each stage is 12 I wanted to cap it at that. Tried to add a little more diversity with some of the selections while keeping the favorites. Hope you all enjoy!
I just thought I'd show you guys about his concept towards Super Mario Galaxy stages, they are very interesting indeed.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
That says a lot considering how many characters you actually have playable in the Super Mario Bros. series
Mario Bros - almost all installments
Toad - 2 installments (SMB2 and NSMB Wii)
Peach - 1 installment (SMB2)
Yoshi - technically ridable, and only truly playable in SM64 DS.
Wario - 1 installment (SM64 DS)
There are quiet a few games you forgot to mention.

Toad - (SMB2, NSMB Wii, Wario Woods which he stars)
Peach - (SMB2, Mario RPG, and that Peach game for the game boy)
Yoshi - technically ridable, and only truly playable in SM64 DS. (You forgot the Yoshi Story series)
Wario - (SM64 DS) (You forgot the Wario Land series)

Toad is the next iconic figure in the Mario series. Everyone knows him and he's popular. Now they may not know him as detailed as others but anyone who has played a Mario game knows who Toad is. That can't be said for other wanted characters like Bowser Jr., Fawful, Rosaline, and Geno.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Yeah we already knew the Smash games weren't in development, but apparently IGN decided to make an article about it again as if it were news.

Honestly, I'd rather them just make a Wii U version if it means it wouldn't take 5 years to make. I have a feeling a Wii U and 3DS version will make both versions not as awesome as they could be.

OmegaXXII

Yes, Wii-U's version IMO will be the version that most of the communitynwill enjoy simply because of the multiplayer experience, plus its been the traditional way to play it.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think the Wii U will be what everyone wants but when they see how the 3DS works with the Wii U then everyone will want that too. I wonder if they'll have a package deal on both games.

D

Deleted member

One things for certain, in order to make both games as good as possible, both versions must play entirely to their own strength without interfering or limiting the other versions.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
There are quiet a few games you forgot to mention.

Toad - (SMB2, NSMB Wii, Wario Woods which he stars)
Peach - (SMB2, Mario RPG, and that Peach game for the game boy)
Yoshi - technically ridable, and only truly playable in SM64 DS. (You forgot the Yoshi Story series)
Wario - (SM64 DS) (You forgot the Wario Land series)
I just stated the games within the Super Mario Bros. main series that the characters had a large involvement with. However, it is also important to include the games that you have stated as well. I also agree with your post. Toad is definitely well deserving. He may not have that COOL factor as other characters to some (this seems to bring him down), but he is still worth a spot in SSB4.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
One things for certain, in order to make both games as good as possible, both versions must play entirely to their own strength without interfering or limiting the other versions.
That's certainly true, however, I feel they should definitely have some connectivity between the two, perhaps 2 bonus characters that you can import to the corresponding game (Wii U character imported to 3DS and vice versa.)

D

Deleted member

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s said:
That's certainly true, however, I feel they should definitely have some connectivity between the two, perhaps 2 bonus characters that you can import to the corresponding game (Wii U character imported to 3DS and vice versa.)
I actually do agree that the connectivity needs to be utilized. That's why I think it's a good idea for the rosters to have lots of exclusives on both sides and trade the 3DS exclusive characters to the Wii-U version. It's also why I'm predicting that if Isaac and Starfy are in, they'll more likely then not be 3DS exclusives.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Maybe the 3DS could have loads of alternate costumes, that you can only unlock on the WiiU version by trading them over from the 3DS.

Kind of a jerky thing to do. But I would so buy it for that. >3>

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I actually do agree that the connectivity needs to be utilized. That's why I think it's a good idea for the rosters to have lots of exclusives on both sides and trade the 3DS exclusive characters to the Wii-U version. It's also why I'm predicting that if Isaac and Starfy are in, they'll more likely then not be 3DS exclusives.
I could definitely see those two on their respective consoles, but I'm really hoping for lots of alternate costume content!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
You keep saying this but in the end if you can transfer the 3ds exclusives to the wiiu but not vice versa won't the wiiu version have the full roster and the 3ds version will appear lacking.

D

Deleted member

You keep saying this but in the end if you can transfer the 3ds exclusives to the wiiu but not vice versa won't the wiiu version have the full roster and the 3ds version will appear lacking.
The 3DS will almost certainly not be capable of handling 45+ slots, even with Melee's graphics. The 3DS does not need a roster beyond Brawl's size and it certainly doesn't need a mid 40s slot roster. Most people who buy only one version will go for the Wii-U version so those with the 3DS version will be at an advantage. And beside, my idea for a roster with exclusives on both sides prevents the 3DS version from being seen purely as a dumb-down version of the Wii-U. It'll have less characters (30-35 slots), but it will have characters that are in that makes the version worth buying.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looks like there isn't even going to be close to news until at least the beginning of next year

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
The 3DS will almost certainly not be capable of handling 45+ slots, even with Melee's graphics. The 3DS does not need a roster beyond Brawl's size and it certainly doesn't need a mid 40s slot roster. Most people who buy only one version will go for the Wii-U version so those with the 3DS version will be at an advantage. And beside, my idea for a roster with exclusives on both sides prevents the 3DS version from being seen purely as a dumb-down version of the Wii-U. It'll have less characters (30-35 slots), but it will have characters that are in that makes the version worth buying.
true and able fans will get both and once they transfer the characters the 3ds version will become a purely dumb-downed version. I feel you are misusing "exclusives" when refering to the 3ds version, essentially what you are proposing is more dlc for wiiu version. in cases like this there is no middle ground. On paper it sounds good but when you look at the reality of the situation this will ultimately lead to the 3ds being inferior

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I really hope that the 3DS exclusives are just non-vital things like alternate costumes. I know that I wont buy a 3DS, but I dont want Nintendo to punish my frugality by making characters game exclusive. Smash thus far always been a console game. Yeah, its cool that they're making a handheld, but first and foremost I want, rather need, a solid console smash game.

D

Deleted member

If this hasn't already been posted, here you go.

http://shoryuken.com/index.php?p=1325
Eh, I can deal with waiting 3-4 years for SSB4, people are just impatience. My other thoughts have already been posted on this thread early on and this has already been shared.
disfunkshunal said:
true and able fans will get both and once they transfer the characters the 3ds version will become a purely dumb-downed version. I feel you are misusing "exclusives" when refering to the 3ds version, essentially what you are proposing is more dlc for wiiu version. in cases like this there is no middle ground. On paper it sounds good but when you look at the reality of the situation this will ultimately lead to the 3ds being inferior
That's why the 3DS version needs to sell itself in other areas then characters. It needs a fantastic single-player and basic but good multi-player mode for it to be used more then just for transferring characters to the Wii-U version. Unless we get universal roster, this is likely something that we're going to have to deal with. The 3DS needs to focus on delivering a fantastic single-player mode and the Wii-U needs to focus on fantastic multi-player mode the fans know it for.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I might be crazy for saying this but... the 3DS version HAS to be inferior!!!!!!! It is a HANDHELD, which is by the laws of the universe an inferior system to a brand new HD console with disks the size of BluRay. I don't know how people are expecting the 3DS version not to be inferior unless Sakurai takes a massive dump all over the WiiU version. However, after that article of his, I'm beginning to think he might do that, although that would contradict what he said at E3. Maybe we misread the new article wrong. All I know is if he acually doesn't want the WiiU one to be better than the 3DS one, I wont be buying it. I wish Sakurai wasn't such a psycopath...

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I might be crazy for saying this but... the 3DS version HAS to be inferior!!!!!!! It is a HANDHELD, which is by the laws of the universe an inferior system to a brand new HD console with disks the size of BluRay.
I know and i agree. the point im trying to make is smashbrosfan wants to avoid an inferior 3ds version which for the most part is inevitable. following his plan will lead to a watered down 3ds, following my plan creates a watered down 3ds, or now sakurai's plan and have everything watered down.
There are no "everybody wins" solutions.

D

Deleted member

disfunkshunal said:
I know and i agree. the point im trying to make is smashbrosfan wants to avoid an inferior 3ds version which for the most part is inevitable. following his plan will lead to a watered down 3ds, following my plan creates a watered down 3ds, or now sakurai's plan and have everything watered down.
There are no "everybody wins" solutions.
In all honesty, I don't care if the 3DS version is considerably worse then the Wii since if I get one version, it will be the Wii-U. I would actually prefer that the Wii-U gets all the exclusives with a 44+ slots and the 3DS be the slim down version with no exclusives (30-35 slots). I'm just saying that there are ways to avoid the 3DS being worse then the Wii-U. Like for example, focus on making the best single-player experience possible and a very good 30-35 slot roster for the 3DS with it's own exclusives.
Hoots said:
All I know is if he acually doesn't want the WiiU one to be better than the 3DS one, I wont be buying it.
I think when he refers to that, he doesn't mean compromising the online mode and other multi-player functions for the Wii-U, just the character roster/stages/similar core contents like items.

KCJ506

Smash Cadet
Stages I would like/predict

New stages

Comet Observatory - The previous games had the main HUB areas for SM64 and SMS. I can see them doing it for SMG this time.

Flipsville(SMG2) - The second one deserves some representation too IMO. This time a stage based on an actual stage. The gravity would often change and the players would have to fight upside down.

Mushroom Kingdom 3 - Based on stages from SMB3. It can have those music note blocks that you can jump on. And in the background it can have those big colored blocks from Grassland and perhaps The Angry Sun.

Bowser's Castle - Why this hasn't been made into a stage yet is beyond me.

Rainbow Road - One of the few tracks to appear in every Mario Kart game.

PM2 Stage - The actual stage you fight on when you're in a battle in PM2. It would have the audience and just like in PM2 they would toss things at the characters. It can either be something helpful(food, weapons, etc) or something hazardous.

Vanilla Dome - Based on the underground stages in SMW. With maybe a lava area with a Blargg.

Sunset Shore - Pretty interesting stage in DKCR. It'll be interesting if they put up the silhouettes of the characters in the background.

LOZ SS stage: No doubt there will be one. The question is where exactly?

Macbeth - We've had stages where we fight on cars, a ship, aircraft carriors, so how about one where we fight on a train?

New Metroid stage - I can see a stage from MP3. Not sure about Other M considering it wasn't that well received.

Treat Land(Kirby's Epic Yarn) - Would probably make an interesting stage. You fight in an area made of sweets. With that mansion in the background.

Kirby Wii stage - Too early to tell where, but I can see them adding one from this game.

Pokemon B/W stage - Haven't played this one so I don't know the places they could use. But considering D/P got one in Brawl, I can see them putting in one from B/W.

Kid Icarus stage - Pit is sure to have a new stage, but where exactly? Maybe Underworld or a stage from Uprising.

Punch-Out Ring - Should definitely be in if Little Mac gets in.

Metal Gear Solid stage - Maybe Outer Heaven or the White Flower Field

Casino Night Zone - Would definitely make an interesting stage. With all the bright lights and pinball related obstacles. Plus that slot machine from the actual stage.

Dr Wily's Fortress - If MM gets in he will have a stage. And I can't think of any place else. Dr Wily's fortress is the most reoccuring stage in the series.

Brawl stages

Delfino Island
Luigi's Mansion
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Shadow Moses
Green Hill Zone

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The only major problem with a smash 3 - 4 years from now is, everything that is new right now will probably be irrelevant in roster terms by then. Skyward Sword is already being replaced by another Zelda sequel, that will probably involve Ganondorf. Goodbye SS character, hello SS level. Heck, Zoroark might not even be an option at that point.

The roster most certainly can not be decided on at the begining of production either, because the roster that they think of late 2011, or early 2012 still could be irrelevant by 1214. It's all just a big heap of confusing IMO. It's not that I don't think the game doesn't need 3-4 years of development because by god it does. I just see the roster being a pain in the developers side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom