• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The way I see it, if Starfy, Little Mac, Isaac/Matthew, S(u)kapon, Ridley, K. Rool, and Bowser Jr. make it in, I'll be happy.

Wow, didn't know his Japanese name was Robin. Hey, if Black Shadow makes it in alongside Isaac, we can have Batman vs Robin.
Sukapon, Ridley, and Bowser Jr. would be great.

Also, in Japan the Black Knight is "Dark Knight." So we could have the Black Knight and Isaac while Japan has the Dark Knight and Robin. :awesome:

...And I hope Ridley's size wasn't the ONLY thing about him to come up. Surely he has Japanese support? D:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm not suprised at Little Mac not being mentioned, as his franchise is not very popular in Japan. Although I am suprised at Issac, since the Japanese are in love with RPG's and I though Golden Sun wouldn't be an exception.

As for FF characters, they've been asked for from the beginning, and I still think there is little chance of a character getting in over someone like MM who has a better relationship with Nintendo and doesn't just release just spin-off games on Nintendo consoles. Not to mention Sakurai has brought up Capcom before.

As for K. Rool and Mii, if they're popular on with the Japanese just like us they're almost a shoe in now.

As for the Wii RPG's, they have a better chance then ever before, but I still doubt their inclusion until I see some more info on the games and if they'll be released world wide.

But SSBF should hear about Victini, I'd love to hear his thoughts on this information.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did I say Knight instead of Shadow? I meant Shadow.

Anyway, after playing Donkey Kong Country Returns, Tiki Tong would be a good Adventure mode boss.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad to see al the support for Mewtwo and Roy. Call me a melee fanboy, but I'm also against cutting (except Ness. He smells. :troll: )

Oh, and screw the Black Knight and the Dark Knight. My vote goes to Burger Knight. :troll:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Here's a question for you guys: do you think all the current Final Smashes will stay? Or do you think some Final Smashes will be rethought, due to either better ideas or ideas spawned by subsequent games with those character since Brawl?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not suprised at Little Mac not being mentioned, as his franchise is not very popular in Japan. Although I am suprised at Issac, since the Japanese are in love with RPG's and I though Golden Sun wouldn't be an exception.

As for FF characters, they've been asked for from the beginning, and I still think there is little chance of a character getting in over someone like MM who has a better relationship with Nintendo and doesn't just release just spin-off games on Nintendo consoles. Not to mention Sakurai has brought up Capcom before.

As for K. Rool and Mii, if they're popular on with the Japanese just like us they're almost a shoe in now.

As for the Wii RPG's, they have a better chance then ever before, but I still doubt their inclusion until I see some more info on the games and if they'll be released world wide.

But SSBF should hear about Victini, I'd love to hear his thoughts on this information.

Well, I'm excited that both Xenoblade and the last story has been brought up. Althoug we should remember that Toise didn't like stake out the whole Japanses fan base, just a small amount for a minimal amount of time. So, this is insightful, but not anything concrete really.

I mean, I doubt Slime/Jill Valentine are talked about as much on other boards as they are on here.

Well this place is getting Derpy. I suppose I'll be back later tonight. Off for now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They'll probably stay. The way I see it, characters' other special moves rarely change, so why would the final smashes? Just my two cents.

EDIT: Some actually may change, such as Falco getting an Arwing, and Wolf using a Wolfen. Toon Link could call up a tornado, and Lucas use PK Love, perhaps. Other than those cloned smashes, the others will probably stay the same.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm glad to see al the support for Mewtwo and Roy. Call me a melee fanboy, but I'm also against cutting (except Ness. He smells. :troll: )

Oh, and screw the Black Knight and the Dark Knight. My vote goes to Burger Knight. :troll:
You lucky you had that troll face y'know!! :glare:

:phone:

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Here's a question for you guys: do you think all the current Final Smashes will stay? Or do you think some Final Smashes will be rethought, due to either better ideas or ideas spawned by subsequent games with those character since Brawl?
I don't know. It depends on the new games.

However, I hope the cloned final smashes get changed. There are enough things that can replace Ness/Lucas's, Toon Link's, Falco/Wolf's, etc.

But evry1 shud half mastlanders. (Don't know whether to say derp or :troll:)

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I don't know. It depends on the new games.

However, I hope the cloned final smashes get changed. There are enough things that can replace Ness/Lucas's, Toon Link's, Falco/Wolf's, etc.

But evry1 shud half mastlanders. (Don't know whether to say derp or :troll:)
:troll:erp

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Although, I will say, Donkey Kong getting that huge punch combo from Donkey Kong Country Returns would be kinda cool. I wouldn't mind it if that changed.

OmegaXXII

@Hex:I stated an idea earlier about Final Smashes, they should all be unique and have to variations.

One would be a Super Smash, consisting of combo hits, easily rack up damage but doesn't necessarly KO instantly.

While The Final Smash would remain the same, has alit of KO potential, but again they should be unique, Wolf and. falco come to mind.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I doubt they'd ditch Final Smashes. Why would they randomly get rid of a move? But yeah, it's all speculation. For all we know, they'll get rid of Mario.

But seriously, should the Miis be represented? Like them or hate them, they've been in so many games and have become a Nintendo staple in recent years. What do you guys think? Especially knowing now that they're extremely popular in Japan.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
There should be a Mario Kart-like mode where everyone drives Landmasters.
Definito.

I dunno. I don't think Smash ball will be taken out. Sakurai apparently wanted to do Final Smashes since the first game.

I think they could possibly expand it by giving each character 4 final smashes, based on having 4 special attacks. Though that's a radical change. I doubt it'll happen, since it involves changing the final smash design philosophy.

OmegaXXII

Mii Vegeta vs. Mii Goku = Best game ever!!!

I'm all for the Mii's, I could care less about the moves, it's all about the looks, they would be based on size and weight I guess.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
More mini games should be implamented, landmaster anyone?

stuff like that is the reason smash isn't taken seriously in the pro gaming scene.
Screw pro gaming, it's full of nothing but Shooter and Street Fighter fanboys anyway. :glare:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Chris, I don't think anybody is serious about the landmaster mini game thing.

And who the heck cares how Smash is received by the "Pro gaming scene?" Screw them. The game is awesome.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pro gaming is rediculous anyway, anyone hear about the 8 year old at Evo?
:awesome:

OmegaXXII

More mini games should be implamented, landmaster anyone?

stuff like that is the reason smash isn't taken seriously in the pro gaming scene.

...and what's your point, were not elitists here, we are simply discussing the fun aspects of the game, mini games have nothing to do with it being competative or not. :glare:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I would actually love if they implemented mini-games... >3> JUST SEEING ALL YOUR FAVORITE NINTENDO CHARACTERS MESSING AROUND, Y'KNOW...

Especially if they used that idea about changing up the story mode to include world's that (at some points) play in a way based on the series that particular world is based on. If they're did that, they may as well turn those into mini-games.

OmegaXXII

Pro gaming is rediculous anyway, anyone hear about the 8 year old at Evo?
:awesome:
Noah!! Yea!! I watched evo 2 weeks ago, that boy is definetly a prodigy, he straight out beat everybody else with Sentinel and Hulk, awesome matches. :cool:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Yeah, sometimes when I'm bored, I end up creating a stage based on a given item switch scenario, essentially "creating my own minigames."

That being said, I wouldn't mind if they came up with some mini-game concepts that play well with Smash's control style. Sort of like Target Smash, Home Run Contest, etc. Something that allows you to co-op.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have a couple more item ideas. The Propeller Mushroom from NSMBW could give you an additional spinning jump, the Music Box from Super Mario Bros 3 could make opponents fall asleep, and the Running Shoes from Pokemon to increase your speed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As impossible and improbable as it is, I'd love to see Maxwell from Scribblenauts join Smash, but I know that won't happen...

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
As impossible and improbable as it is, I'd love to see Maxwell from Scribblenauts join Smash, but I know that won't happen...
It's not impossible. Just improbable. XP He's third party, is he not? I don't think Sakurai even knows who he is. XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom