• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@ astoopid :awesome:
Oh Gawd, that Victreebell reference BURNS MY EYES!!!

But yeah, our own augustflores played PlayStation All-Stars, and he confirmed what we saw: the game was just an empty platform game trying to be a fighting game without any balancing, originality, or sense of completeness. Basically, it sounds like if someone was to make a smash 64-esk smash game with say 20 characters in 1 year and most of the time spent on increasing the roster size and giving each character original moves without balancing, making the controls feel firm, and without having the game feel like a fighter! :rotfl:
Asage, and aye, I do remember him ranting about that game, now. That's good, cause I don't have to buy a new system besides the wii-u, then.

Hell, I have one good reason for buying the Wii-u. And that's SSB4. I've hated the Pikmin series for awhile, and the other games I've seen don't interest me much.

BTW, I really need a Flawless Electivire with Ice Punch and Cross Chop. >_> <_< Wrong fourms.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The PS3 has God of War III, MGS4, and Uncharted 1-3 exclusively. That alone was enough to sucker me in! :laugh:

As for the WiiU, don't forget NEW Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land.

And as for Pikmin, how do you hate it=??? Is it the design you hate=??? Or do you just not like RTS'=??? (I'm a huge "Total War" series addict btw). ;)

Speaking of which, a strategy-esk element (or borrowed elements) actually would not be too shabby in a smash bros. adventure/single-player mode... :bee:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
As for the WiiU, don't forget NEW Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land.

And as for Pikmin, how do you hate it=??? Is it the design you hate=??? Or do you just not like RTS'=??? (I'm a huge "Total War" series addict btw). ;)

Speaking of which, a strategy-esk element (or borrowed elements) actually would not be too shabby in a smash bros. adventure/single-player mode... :bee:
Oh, yes, the new MB. Yes, a flying squarell Mario. Emolga has his day. Nintendo Land? Eh, I didn't look it up enough. Sounds like Disney Land x Nintendo, though.

Pikmin scare me.

Strategy Bros? Gotcha. D&D vs SSB.

EDIT: Seems I'm all alone.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ugh all of that Pokemon Black talk reminds me of... the one I lost...

I'm going to have to play the sequel so much... *cries a lot little*

D

Deleted member

No, it's clear that Link will be using his Squidward Sword design as well as the titular sword in Smash 4.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Knowing the Squidward Sword, it'd do absolutely no damage and you'll immediately fall off a cliff and explode for absolutely no reason.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Anyone want to explain why the hell is creepypasta Squidward and SpongeBob-related gifs being posted here.
Because the thread is full of dumb right now.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Wait, how can people be insane if nobody had sanity to begin with?

Also just a bit of clarification, trying to stay on topic in this thread only leads to a massive amount of butt hurt.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I wonder why Sakurai made his first stage instead of a character?!?!
wat

TELL ME NOW,TELL ME NOW!

@Golden:I hate when you remind me of my misspelling.:sda:

[COLLAPSE="Paletuna,again..."]
[/COLLAPSE]

Anyway,Palutena can't get in,she's too big.:troll:
I'm not talking about god like size.

[COLLAPSE="BIG"]
[/COLLAPSE]

:troll::troll::troll:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh, yes, the new MB. Yes, a flying squarell Mario. Emolga has his day.
The Raccoon and/or Squirrel Mario powerup needs to be in smash bros. This is not a debate, this is a FACT!!!
Nintendo Land? Eh, I didn't look it up enough. Sounds like Disney Land x Nintendo, though.
It was more like Nintendo's video game version of Disney Land, where everything is cutesy (even Ridley). Everything there is Nintendo. Like, everything. Maybe even the grass! :lol:
Strategy Bros? Gotcha. D&D vs SSB.
I was thinking like more a adventure mode where you could go different paths to the same/different locations, collect moneys and stuff, and buy cool jazzy stuff. I wasn't thinking "zOMG!!! I wanna control a army of 500 Yoshi, 12 Ikes, 40 Marios, and 27 Links to destroy the evil armies of Ganon with all those ReDeads, Koopas, and Kremlings!!!" :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Don't forget Mario used to be blue and his name was MEGA MEGA MEGA MAN Jumpman! :awesome:
Fried chicken as a food item?
Makes characters hearts' stop, and then make them move slower for 10 seconds. If 10 are consumed in a match, they are too lazy to continue fighting... :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Look at how useless those Toads are. They're like completely oblivious that their princess has been kidnapped DIRECTLY BEHIND THEM.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like how the Toads are basically cheering on that Bowser is kidnapping Peach! :laugh: Maybe it gives them like a free coffee break or something! :chuckle:
Knowing the Squidward Sword, it'd do absolutely no damage and you'll immediately fall off a cliff and explode for absolutely no reason.
Sounds like Link in Brawl all over again!; stupidly designed, weak, slow, a terrible grab, no combos, and no recovery. :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's not Peach; at that stage it was still Pauline.
No, that was Peach. She was just called Princess Toadstool. It wasn't til like Super Mario 64 that everyone started calling her Peach.

Pauline is only in Donkey Kong and the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series. She might have a few cameos elsewhere, but she doesn't appear in any main Super Mario games.

Deucalion

Smash Cadet
No, that was Peach. She was just called Princess Toadstool. It wasn't til like Super Mario 64 that everyone started calling her Peach.

Pauline is only in Donkey Kong and the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series. She might have a few cameos elsewhere, but she doesn't appear in any main Super Mario games.
I went and looked this up to find out, and found out that it's an Eggman/Robotnik issue. The female character rescued in Donkey Kong is unnamed in the Japanese version; it's only in the American manual she's named Pauline after the wife of the NoA warehouse manager. Thus, when the female character was revealed in Super Mario Bros. to be called Princess Toadstool, to Americans that was a new character. Same person for the Japanese, up until Donkey Kong '94 introduced Pauline in Japan, retroactively creating the Pauline/Peach split in Japan as well.

So it's a trick question, I guess: at the time that was drawn, the female character depicted was both Princess Toadstool and Pauline.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At least it's better than any characters in Street Fighter (because all of the characters are wierdos in their own way).

@ Golden
That fan service Kid Icarus Uprising OVA bath scene for Paletuna would be rated F for Fan Service! o.O

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
Sadly, yes. And sadly, that only makes many of the male fanboys who will never get a girl more rabid for her. Trust me, in 3 years (if Paletuna demand is still semi-high), the Paletuna fanboys will only be crazier for her! :laugh:

@ Habanero
I don't remember Nintendo having an OVA of ZSS in a bathtub as fan service... :bee:

@ Deucalion
I heard Pauline sunk so low, she even dated Birdo (WHAT SEX IS THAT THING=??? Or does it even have a sex), Toad, and Waluigi... :troll:

D

Deleted member

Except Samus fills in the niche of fanservice already. Have more fanservice will lead to Super Smash Bros: Xtreme Volleyball.
MOAR fanservice is fine. If you think Smash has too much fanservice, you are weak. :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom