• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I still got like 500 Yu-gi-oh cards back from the first generation of it somewhere from when I was in 5th and 6th grade.

I can't wait to tell my future kids that people actually used to be obsessed with those things, and thought it was the next Pokémon (and that it wasn't a trend).

At least it produced a hilarious Abridged series and some funny memes! :laugh:

And I refuse to acknowledge Hanebowcrap exists. What I was referring to was some purple shaded card with a blue robed women on it that prevented players from getting hurt.
Then you didn't instantly self-destruct, now did you? :troll:

I still have Polymerization somewhere...

D

Deleted member

@ Golden
You need to calm down with the themes man. Besides, with Brawl, the themes went up and down, not sideways like in Melee. And in both Melee and Brawl, there was a "hole" spot, unless you count the random spot.
It's either make it look good aesthetically, or make it look like a jumbled mess. And does it really matter which way it goes? It's my Roster, after all. If I want it to be rows instead of columns, then by gum, sonny, I'm gonna HAVE them be rows. :laugh:

Krom: He may fight with Ike's style, but he uses basically a barely heavier version of Marth's sword to do it. I've seen his style, and it, in a way, reminds me of Sigurd's power. If this is true, then I will change up the Roster to be able to incorporate both Ike and Krom. Just don't try to fight for Roy at this point...-_-

As for the BAMF status, it does mean something. Loads of casual smashers are attracted to Ike. He is probably the most popular 1st/2nd party newcomer in Brawl with them, aside from maybe Meta Knight's OP status. You don't eliminate your most popular newcomers. You eliminate the least popular ones, like Wolf. Just look at the Mewtwo cut backlash.
If you have a character that is just like the one cut, then there will be less complaints. Krom is Ike 2.0 and equally as badass. And least popular is Toon Link. trufax :awesome:

Nobody cares about, wants, or is asking for Impa in regard to Smash Wii U and 3DS, so I will leave it at that. As Sakurai said, characters should "make you want to play the game." Nobody wants to play Smash Bros. because Impa is in, except for like 5 people. And as for characters with "magic," we got Mewtwo, Lucario, Zelda, and maybe Ganondorf.
No one cared about, wanted, or asked for R.O.B. either. Or Lucas (last I remember, people seemed to have wanted his twin brother Claus, his father Flint, or a certain warrior with a funny name). Or any of the clones in Melee, sans Ganondorf, who people wanted as NOT a clone. Or Mr. Game & Watch, etc. Or the Ice Climbers, but at least we know they were added soley to have a new gimmick and be represent the NES era.

While I agree Toad can be original and I do like Toad, he wouldn't be the most exciting thing to see. Toad could have maybe 2-6 inspired moves, but after that, he gets really generic in a boring way. While you have showcased that Toad has some potential now and in the past, it doesn't prove that Toad should edge out Dixie Kong. Dixie Kong seems like she would be a more unique character, and that she could also be a better clone or semi-clone than Toad. That is a double/triple whammy. Plus, she's got loads of fan demand. Granted, Toad wouldn't be that interesting, I admit, but neither would Little Mac to be quite honest, yet he seems to be highly expected. Toad would be more or less a character that people want to see because of who he is, not what he is capable of. You know, kind of like Ridley. Since to be honest, Ridley would just have generic "RAR I'M A LARGE DRAGON MONSTER!" moves, but we'd still love him because he's muthafuggin' Ridley.
Also, remember that Toad has had fan demand since pre-Melee, being edged out by only Bowser, Peach, and Wario before him; and guess what? those three are already in. Dixie just got fan demand in recent times, since it was learned that she's part of the Forbidden 7. I assure you, if she wasn't, she wouldn't be so supported. K. Rool would be the ONLY choice for people.

And then there's the fact you support Waluigi... :troll: At least he isn't literally an alternate version of said character. :troll:

As for Dixie Kong being cut, there's this character named Sonic, who is the most wanted smash bros. newcomer ever. Oh and this thing called time restraints, and this stupid thing that wasted everyone's time called the Subspace Emissary that pushed her out. And ain't nobody who didn't make it getting in over Mewtwo. Mewtwo back in the day was the character everyone wanted to play when Melee came out. Of course, Mewtwo sucking major nuts made everyone wish they had done a better job (not that kind!) on Mewtwo! :laugh:
I already said it wasn't due to time constraints, as otherwise, DIXIE would have more data than Mewtwo, not the little data she has.
Since she was already programmed as Diddy's tag-partner, she would've also taken priority over Toon Link and especially Wolf, who had nothing before.
Also, Sakurai put Toon Link and Wolf over Mewtwo because they were Newcomers, so logically, Dixie would've gotten in over him, as would Toon Zelda/Sheik and Plusle & Minun if they were seriously considered at that point. But no, the fact that Mewtwo and Roy took priority over them as shown by data means that they were down for the count.

As for the Animal Crossers, I just see the Miis out-prioritizing them. I mean, the Miis seem like they could literally take several of the Animal Crossers' attacks, and it would "fit." If the Animal Crossers did that to the Miis' attacks, it wouldn't "fit." I can see that too, to be honest. But I see Miis getting a gimmick based moveset that you will hate more based on their multiple titles. :troll:

Maybe you shouldn't post so long in one sitting.
I posted all of this inbetween plays of Madden.
Maybe, but if I don't, I lose my train of thought...
RED. REEEEEEEED.
Red everywhere.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
All I remember from that show is freaking the main character(s) always had "made up" cards that made no sense! :laugh:
The first I had heard of it in a while was a Let's Play I was watching on YouTube of Super Mario Galaxy. The guy was failing one of the Green Star Galaxies(the one with the bubbles and electric zappers) and said, "FOR THE LOVE... OF ELEMENTAL HERO BUBBLEMAN!" :laugh:

@Golden: At least Paper Mario is a likeable character with an actual personality and friends. :troll:

D

Deleted member

The first I had heard of it in a while was a Let's Play I was watching on YouTube of Super Mario Galaxy. The guy was failing one of the Green Star Galaxies(the one with the bubbles and electric zappers) and said, "FOR THE LOVE... OF ELEMENTAL HERO BUBBLEMAN!" :laugh:

@Golden: At least Paper Mario is a likeable character with an actual personality and friends. :troll:
Friends, yes, I'll give you that. Waluigi has no friends other than Wario (that we know of.)
But personality? You're kidding me right? The stoic Mario vs. the psychologically unstable and just plain nasty Waluigi?

And of course Paper Mario is a likeable character; he's MARIO. That's like saying Yarn Kirby is a more likeable character than Adeleine, since he's Kirby. Just as yarn.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Friends, yes, I'll give you that. Waluigi has no friends other than Wario (that we know of.)
But personality? You're kidding me right? The stoic Mario vs. the psychologically unstable and just plain nasty Waluigi?
But see, Paper Mario actually has a personality, unlike regular Mario. Granted, it might not be MUCH more, but still, there IS a difference.

And since when is Waluigi psychologically unstable? :laugh:

D

Deleted member

But see, Paper Mario actually has a personality, unlike regular Mario. Granted, it might not be MUCH more, but still, there IS a difference.

And since when is Waluigi psychologically unstable? :laugh:
Did I say that? Jeez, too tired to even think straight. I meant psychologically awkward and somewhat insane.
Don't try to deny it.

But again, PAPER Mario is just Mario. He's not a different being like "TOON" Link, who's a different Link from a different time period. (Or in Brawl's case, a different BRANCHED time period.)

Why do people say Paper Mario has a different personality. Honestly I bet it's just that his personaity is a bit more fleshed out since it's an RPG which involves character development. So likewise, can anyone prove to me how Paper Mario has a different personality than say, M&L Mario?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Did I say that? Jeez, too tired to even think straight. I meant psychologically awkward and somewhat insane.
Don't try to deny it.

But again, PAPER Mario is just Mario. He's not a different being like "TOON" Link, who's a different Link from a different time period. (Or in Brawl's case, a different BRANCHED time period.)
At least it's better than A THIRD LINK. Which I see a lot of people want. Oh, and Yarn Kirby. Even though both were only in one game... *coughWolfLinkcough* :facepalm:

Meanwhile, Paper Mario has an entire SERIES. With a new game coming out soon. Not all too Farfetch'd, if you ask me.

And when does this bolded happen? Like, which game? :confused:

D

Deleted member

At least it's better than A THIRD LINK. Which I see a lot of people want. Oh, and Yarn Kirby. Even though both were only in one game... *coughWolfLinkcough* :facepalm:

Meanwhile, Paper Mario has an entire SERIES. With a new game coming out soon. Not all too Farfetch'd, if you ask me.

And when does this bolded happen? Like, which game? :confused:
In a lot of his appearnces, he acts crazy and sporadic in some way if you pay close attention, and this kind of reflects his random abilities in various games.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Golden: Now, M&L Mario, I'll give you that, because those games are hilarious as all ****.

Well, with Paper Mario, see, I think I might be getting some things confused here... It's not really his personality, it's moreso just the overall charm and humor of the series that makes me keep wanting to play them. That, and they break the fourth wall A LOT. :laugh:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
Well it doesn't have to be a jumbled mess. As it is, your bottom part of your roster is pretty small. Your character select screen layout should not impact your character choices.

Krom still doesn't have anywhere near the power Ike has. :laugh: Also, there hasn't ever been in a "replaced" character in smash yet.

The only characters that don't seem that popular or that Sakurai doesn't seem attach to is maybe Wolf. Even that is a stretch, since we all know Sakurai is a fanboy of Star Fox.

All of the characters you listed that "nobody wanted" (barring Dr. Mario and Pichu) are either the stars of their games/series or major characters in their games/series. Impa is just another random minor Zelda character who does some stuff in one game or another. There are over a dozen more important Zelda characters that aren't playable in smash.

Little Mac could have a style based off boxing's rich history. Ridley's unique body, body parts, and build would make him an interesting character to fight. Toads don't have rich histories! :chuckle: Toad's demand has also drastically gone down since 2000 I might add.

For Dixie demand, the reason Dixie (or K. Rool) weren't ask for much pre-Brawl is every true DKC fan wanted Diddy first. Diddy Kong easily gets more priority than Dixie in his role in the series, and thus the fanbase went that way and was absorbed by Diddy. Once the 1st Brawl trailer was shown, Diddy was probably the most requested 1st/2nd party character. Now that Diddy Kong is in Smash, DKC fans want the next most important DKC characters. K. Rool, while important, isn't really way above Dixie, especially since Dixie was playable in 2 DKC games. While I will admit the Forbidden 7 thing is a reason why Dixie's fan base rivals' K. Rool's size, it would still be large without the Forbidden 7 thing.

Yeah, Waluigi is an awkward wanna-be who is jealous of the character he was made to be the doubles partner for. :smirk: Oh, and he still doesn't have his own game. :p

D

Deleted member

Stop cutting it down!

And as I've told you before; Toon Link is a replacement of Young Link and Plusle & Minun were planned replacements of Pichu. So YES, there HAS been a REPLACEMENT CHARACTER before.

As for the important Zelda characters, name some. And none of the one time villains count. So that leaves just Vaati for villains, who is just as forgettable as Impa and has only had a workable form in one game anyway. Also, Dr. Mario was the star of his own series. :p

To claim that Little Mac and Ridley would be interesting just because of what they are doesn't excuse them from the fact that they would have uninteresting moves like Toad. And it hasn't gone down drastically, as Toad is still one of the top requested Mario characters to this day. In fact, the big four are Toad, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario.
And there's the fact that Toad, having both speed and strength, would be a Lightning Bruiser, but a Glass Cannon as well, due to being knocked around easily. No other character in Smash has that property. And I'm not talking A lightweight with a powerful move or two like Jigglypuff, I'm talking a lightweight character who is fast but hits like a heavyweight, and is sent flying like a featherweight.

K. Rool would still have more of a leg to stand on, being in more games than Dixie. Sure Dixie was a main character in two of the DKC Trilogy, but K. Rool was the main villain in all 3. And then DK64 where Dixie was not present. And then again in the King of Swing games where K. Rool is the main villain again while Dixie is just a filler multiplayer mode character, to which K. ROOL is playable as well.

I don't remember him being jealous of Wario. Luigi, yeah, but I don't think Wario.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
I only cut my bad jokes (like my flaming car joke of death as a response to your "train of thought" as a superior vehicle, which was unfunny because it was random and made no sense), and compressed points to make more sense. Plus I don't make sense in the middle at various parts.

Edit: I also got ride of a lot of my wordy parts and made my points more clear.

I also cut that and my part where I agreed with the Miis possibly having gimmicks, which I went off on for no reason. For whatever reason, I'm in a pointless rant mood I guess! :laugh:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The best part of E3 this week has been witnessing the birth of a new fad.

I cannot believe Nintendo brought him out during the 3DS Showcase.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

A popular Youtube video was a reviewer playing Putt Putt games...

LOL, I decided to download the games to re live nostalgic moments from my early childhood.

Good ol' DOS games

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

I don't know who the Bajeezum that is. :bee:

Could I be enlightened, perhaps?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Paper Mario fights for his friends! He also fights with his friends! Sometimes, he even throws his friends as weapons! :awesome:
And sometimes, he completely ignores his friends because they're completely useless *coughGoombariocough*!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That picture showed how I'd like to get 1 ups in a Mario game

Could someone explain to me where the none specific action figure came from? Was it something out of the action figure images that the Sakurai was modeling poses with? It would be hilarious if he gained enough popularity to get put into any sort of smash roster. If Smash has another poll/request thing for the next game, and this character makes it...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
omg! I'm supporting this as a character into the roster. I didn't know it was that big nintendo would even joke about it in a showcase. I thought it was a joke here on the thread. But, that makes it even more likely he could get added.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What happened at the 3DS press conference? Or does anyone have a link?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What happened at the 3DS press conference? Or does anyone have a link?
Non-Specific Action Figure made a guest appearance. Paper Mario 3DS and New Super Mario Bros. 2 were demoed alongside Castlevania and Eoic Mickey. That's about it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Non-Specific Action Figure made a guest appearance. Paper Mario 3DS and New Super Mario Bros. 2 were demoed alongside Castlevania and Eoic Mickey. That's about it.
*twirls fingers*

Wooo.

Well, nothing new, besides stage ideas came from E3 this year. Maybe a Pikmin character... I guess.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Don't try to deny it.

Why do people say Paper Mario has a different personality. Honestly I bet it's just that his personaity is a bit more fleshed out since it's an RPG which involves character development. So likewise, can anyone prove to me how Paper Mario has a different personality than say, M&L Mario?
Paper Mario certainly has more personality than Mario (not like it's difficult), and would no doubt make an awesome character. I think this is undebatable. HOWEVER, I agree that they shouldn't waste a character slot on just ANOTHER version of Mario. It should be given to a brand new character.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hehe, I just had a dream about Smash being a late announcement at E3. It was funny because I actually "woke up" a couple of times in my dream to make sure it was really happening. I was texting people and checking here and what not. Which is ridiculous too, because the trailer itself was poop. A bunch of third-party characters mixed in with characters my subconscious made up.

I think one was a wolf lizard THING that was mainly dark grey but with fuchsia and lime green patterns on it. Isn't it funny. Those are colors you see when browsing SWF. Stupid NAME COLORS.

Anyway, then I started crawling through a long caged walkway, ending up in a pin full of chimps, and we were all barking at a giant dog. Everything was back to normal.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Who saw the Wii U Pro controller? Its going to replace the GameCube controller for smashers.
I think just about all the Nintendo gamers who keep track of E3 would know about the controller by now. I even took the time to input a possible control scheme that it could use.

That's what I don't get. It's just an action figure after all.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
*hits off-topic button*

From forever ago:

John - Who wants to play as [Animal Crossing character] anyway?"

My delayed response:

Me - Maybe millions of Animal Crossing fans that have helped make the series one of Nintendo's biggest?

*off-topic mode disengaged*

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Huh, yeah, don't listen to John. OR TOISE. Since he thinks the Mii could borrow the Villager's moves.

Gross.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Truth is even though I don't think Villager is likely, I'd like him. I've always had this idea in my head of how his victory theme would sound.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You WOULD only think of that. I want to be able to show off my awesome fish catches as an Up Smash.

Would be random of course. Sometimes you may only show off a POND SMELT, but when you're LUCKY you'll show off a Coelacanth for lots of damage.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You WOULD only think of that. I want to be able to show off my awesome fish catches as an Up Smash.

Would be random of course. Sometimes you may only show off a POND SMELT, but when you're LUCKY you'll show off a Coelacanth for lots of damage.
His aerial special could be holding onto a balloon. Not sure how effective it would be, but it'd work.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Tom Nook or bust.
Sometimes I'm conflicted. "If Tom Nook is really the more popular choice, then perhaps that shows he should be the Animal Crossing character of choice."

But every time I remember that's dumb and you're wrong.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Saving my money right now i refuse to buy a wii u until smash comes out :p not many games interest me i might buy them if i get the wii u but right now my ps3 can keep me entertained :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom