• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
HEY. THIS MAY ACTUALLY BE IMPORTANT​

So, I was on Retro's website a week or two ago, and they were hiring a heck or a lot of people. They had a big list of jobs, and a form and whatnot. You know who else had a list like that? Project Sora's site. You know who is having "his friends" help make his latest game? Sakurai is. Could Retro be helping with SSB4?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

So, I was on Retro's website a week or two ago, and they were hiring a heck or a lot of people. They had a big list of jobs, and a form and whatnot. You know who else had a list like that? Project Sora's site. You know who is having "his friends" help make his latest game? Sakurai is. Could Retro be helping with SSB4?
There probably isn't any correlation between the two. It was difficult enough for Retro to work on Donkey Kong Country Returns having to deal with the time difference. I'm not sure an even more high profile game would be any less strenuous. Not to say it isn't possible, but not likely. Chances are Retro is getting ready to begin another project, more than likely for the WiiU. Which is exciting on it's own! Please Metroid Prime 4 WiiU...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Chances are Retro is getting ready to begin another project, more than likely for the WiiU. Which is exciting on it's own! Please Metroid Prime 4 WiiU...
Either way, I'm excited. I actually forgot that Nintendo might just be working on something other than Smash? :awesome: Who would have thunk? Haha. I never made the obvious connection until you said it. The only reason I remember seeing the Retro stuff is because I recall thinking "five or six years from now, I could actually apply here!" and I got all too excited :p

OH and it's pretty much been confirmed that samus will be arriving on the WiiU. I forgot I read an article about that.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
ok so heres my roster. i'll put up more information later. but anyway:

Mario Universe
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Paper Mario (Yes he shou;ld be in, and no he is not a clone!)

Donkey Kong Universe
6. Donkey Kong
7. Diddy Kong
8. King K. Rool

Zelda Universe
9. Link
10. Zelda
11. Sheik
12. Ganondorf
13. Toon Link

Metroid Universe
14. Samus
15. Zero Suit Samus

Yoshi Universe
16. Yoshi

Kirby Universe
17. Kirby
18. Meta Knight
19. King Dedede

Star Fox Universe
20. Fox
21. Falco
22. Wolf
23. Krystal

Pokemon Universe
24. Pikachu
25. Jigglypuff (get rid of her please!)
26. Mewtwo
27. Mudkip/Treecko
28. Grovyle/Marshtomp
29. Blaziken
30. Lucario
31. Zoroark

F-Zero Universe
32. Captain Falcon

Earthbound Universe
33. Ninten
34. Ness
35. Lucas

Fire Emblem Universe
36. Marth (can we take this guy/girl out?)
37. Roy
38. Ike

Kid Icarus Universe
39. Pit
40. Magnus

Wario Universe
41. Wario

Golden Sun Universe
42. Isaac/Matthew
43. Felix/Garet/Tyrell

Pikmin Universe
44. Olimar

Ice Climbers Universe
45. Ice Climbers (no broken chain grab now.)

R.O.B. Universe
46. R.O.B.

Game and Watch Universe
47. Mr. Game and Watch

Third Party
48. Sonic
49. Snake
50. Megaman (forget ryu, megaman deserves this more.)

i'll post information at a later time.

No Ridley, 2 Golden Sun Reps, 3 Earthbound Reps, Roy, No New F Zero Rep, Magnus instead of Medusa, 3rd Gen Pokemon Trainer for no reason, no other new franchises besides Golden Sun and Megaman. I don't HATE Paper Mario, but I think Bowser Jr. would be better. At least you have K Rool I guess..........

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Where's that Street Fighter kid, maybe he can pull out a decent move set for P.Mario
You could try to remember my name, you know. I don't really feel like making a moveset for him as I haven't played the games in a while so I want to have stuff fresh-ish in my mind when coming up with movesets.

So Ike fights for his boyfriends? :awesome:

looks like we have one thing in common

Jesus, you guys I swear I was only gone long enough to watch a "She's out of my League".This thread moves fast! On that note, should I watch "Splice" or "Diary of the Dead"?

What's the topic right now?
You're quite the character, you know that?

Would you guys prefer to see a moveset based on:

Paper Mario and His Items
Unless it can't be avoided like Olimar, I'd like to see characters not have built in assist characters or using their techniques.

Damn, aint that the truth. Interestingly, from what I can see, none of them are here now :(
I have work, mostly in the evening at a movie theater so I'm not back on until late, otherwise, I might get a day shift.

What do people think of Mii's? Do you think they should be in a Super Smash Bros. game? How likely do you think they are?

Personally, I'm neutral on this subject and I really don't care whenever or not Mii's get in. I would like for them to take the place of the Random Box, thought, because at least it means people will actually use it and the Random Box is pointless.
I don't think they belong. Miis are not videogame characters. Unlike Link who is supposed to be the link between the world and the player, the Mii is supposed to be you, who isn't a videogame character.

TBone06

Smash Ace

Maybe DKCR2. That'd be amazing. But it'd be sick if what you said was the case.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't think they belong. Miis are not videogame characters. Unlike Link who is supposed to be the link between the world and the player, the Mii is supposed to be you, who isn't a videogame character.
Ehh, that is debatable. If you look at it objectively the only major character we have seen in the past decade or so has been the Mii. I'm not as worried about how a Mii fits into the Smash universe as much as if they are going to come implemented with customizable features? I'm not a big proponent of that.

Star,you made that EWJ one yet?Didnt mean to DP
You have been added to my request que in my GIF portfolio thread. Once the other requests have been finished yours will be next. I have a process I try to work by.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You're quite the character, you know that?
Haha I'm suprised anyone caught that since this thread moves faster than a speeding bullet. I hope that's a good thing, or at least a thing that is neither good or bad at the very least.

So, on the topic of a character being too obscure, even if they hold a great playstyle, can you give ma an example of a character that is just too far gone for whatever reason? I'm looking for someone on the cusp of merit. Like, you looked at em and were just like "Oooooh, just too little too late." Not someone obvious like. . . Wart who I always jab at for some strange reason.

@nLim,

This guy will help you remember Kuma, just think of him:

That's who I think of anyway.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Haha I'm suprised anyone caught that since this thread moves faster than a speeding bullet. I hope that's a good thing, or at least a thing that is neither good or bad at the very least.

So, on the topic of a character being too obscure, even if they hold a great playstyle, can you give ma an example of a character that is just too far gone for whatever reason? I'm looking for someone on the cusp of merit. Like, you looked at em and were just like "Oooooh, just too little too late." Not someone obvious like. . . Wart who I always jab at for some strange reason.
I know a great character!How about Megaman

Star,you made that EWJ one yet?Didnt mean to DP

Im going for the grizzly bear,Im so team Kuma..........And can you guys post more,Im trying not to DP

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I hope you're not picturing me big and hairy, because I'm not.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
So reading this thread has really turned into sifting through Chris's posts which make up half of the posts? I would suggest some sort of chatroom for you.

Edit: He got banned as I was writing my post? Oh happy day! What are the chances?!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
edit: that ****in ****** is finally banned.
Maybe when he rejoins he wont have a name so similar to one of the world's most famous ritualistic/cannibalistic sexual muderers. Now on that note,

Lets talk Namco. . . any thoughts? Do Nintendo and Namco have any sort of good relationship? I'm not a fan of a lot of Namco Franchises, but I really really do like Soul Caliber, and I also think Nightmare/Cassandra would fit in nicely.

Kuma the Bear > Kung Foo Panda.

A. He's a Grizzly, and B. he has a FREAKING JOB!He is a body gaurd for a living. No animal can top that. Except for that dog that ran for mayor in texas (True Story).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Lloyd Irving
I guess I wouldn't mind him. He actually crossed over into the SC series once. I never played it though. Hopefully SC5 comes to the Wii U so someone like Marth, or Matthew can take Link's spot as Nintendo's SC rep.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Lets talk Namco. . . any thoughts? Do Nintendo and Namco have any sort of good relationship? I'm not a fan of a lot of Namco Franchises, but I really really do like Soul Caliber, and I also think Nightmare/Cassandra would fit in nicely.
Well, Link was in SC, Pacman was in MK at some point, and I'm pretty sure they did some other stuff.

If we get anybody we would get Pacman. :/ Esp. since Pacman is Miyamotos favorite video game character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, Link was in SC, Pacman was in MK at some point, and I'm pretty sure they did some other stuff.

If we get anybody we would get Pacman. :/ Esp. since Pacman is Miyamotos favorite video game character.
Well screw Pac Man, you know who else co-starred in that Mario Kart? Tamagachi. Yes, the same one as those "Tamagachi Connection" toys that were popular. Miyomoto needs to play as Nightmare and feel the mighty power of the Soul Edge. Yeah, I figured that Pac Man is most likely to get in. I don't even like Pac Man. . .

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Even though Chris the Troll is no longer with us, I'm still going to make an Earthworm Jim sig. I'll just do it for my own personal amusement.

Here is a thought, who wants another animated intro like the one in Melee?

TBone06

Smash Ace
Even though Chris the Troll is no longer with us, I'm still going to make an Earthworm Jim sig. I'll just do it for my own personal amusement.

I do, I thought it was a good way to start the game, the one for Brawl was kind of a cheapie considering they were mostly SSE vids. So I think it'd be awesome

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Lol, I almost asked for a "Chris the Ripper" GIF, almost being the key word.

I do I do. Brawls was dull and only excited me the very first time I watched it. Melee's was cool because it made you go "Is Wolf a secret character!? Wait who were those Men in black suites? What about Ridley? OMG! Jigglypuff!!! Is chancey the next secret Pokemon? IS THAT SHEIK!?! Is Samurai Goroh playable?"

Well, at least thats what happens to me when I watch it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't think there was anything wrong with Brawl's opening per se, it just didn't set that feeling of grandeur like the Melee opening did.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Melee's was epic, and unique. Brawl's wasn't in my opinion
Another minor thing Brawl changed was the color scheme of the menus. Up until Brawl the coloring was dark neon, in Brawl we have bright pastels. My "nit pick" of the day is going to be this, they should return to the darker color scheme they've had once before.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Wow, it's been a long time since I've logged in here, mm-hmm.

Sorry but that's kind of a dumb argument. If Miis have been playable in other games, I'm sure Nintendo has no issue making them playable in Smash. They'd probably have a lame moveset though.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Another minor thing Brawl changed was the color scheme of the menus. Up until Brawl the coloring was dark neon, in Brawl we have bright pastels. My "nit pick" of the day is going to be this, they should return to the darker color scheme they've had once before.
I agree, the brightness took away from the "ominous" factor. Not that it really makes a huge difference, but it just felt free and easy, when it should've been like "damn I'm ready to kick some butt"

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I actually prefer the pastel color. I get migraines and red-eyed easily, so it was easier on my eyes.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Wow, it's been a long time since I've logged in here, mm-hmm.

Sorry but that's kind of a dumb argument. If Miis have been playable in other games, I'm sure Nintendo has no issue making them playable in Smash. They'd probably have a lame moveset though.
I get what Kumo was saying though. Like they are supposed to be you. You are right they would have a lame moveset. I've never liked the idea of it, although I get why people like the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom