• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma and Giantbreadbug have been lurking in my moveset blog for awhile, now... Are they... SPIES? :awesome:
I've only been in that thread once or twice. I don't know what you're talking about.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
One thing about stages. If there's a Mario Party stage, Game Guy had better be an interactable object like the Shy Guys in Mario Circuit so I can finally punch that theiving bas**** in the face for the years of torment.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know who I wanna see face off each other in SSB4 if Lucario/Mewtwo come back?

Trela and Taj. The most epic battle of all timez.

I'm leaving. *teleports*

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Who's your new playstyle/gimmick character? I guess Zoroark always could be. Roy, is boring, I wish I knew a way for him not to make me want to fall asleep. I would say add Chrome, but psh. Who likes him? And then Caeda and Micaiah kind of don't matter. :l

Lastly, I've grown on the idea of a non-traditional Trainer. I think it could be fun. Little a excessive, but fun.
Oh, I forgot to think that one through. I guess you could fit Mii into that category.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
15 characters, 15 Franchises. How will you split up the characters?

Rules:
  • Spread the characters as you please
  • You must have TWO shock/WTF characters (Like, Sheik/ZSS/PT and ROB/G&W)
  • You must have a new Weapon weidling character
  • A new heavy character
  • A new Light character
  • A character who brings a new gimmick (Peach, IC's, Diddy/Dixie, Olimar, ect)

Super Mario (1) Bowser Jr.
Yoshi Island/Story -X
Wario Ware/Land (1) Mona
Donkey Kong (2) Diddy/Dixie,KingK.Rool
Legend Of Zelda (1)-Tingle
Kirby Series (1)-Bandanna Dee
Pokemon (2) Victini, Meowth
Metroid (1) Ridley
StarFox (1) -Krystal
F-Zero -X
Fire Emblem -X
Mother -X
Kid Icarus (1) -Magnus
Smaller Franchises (3)-Takamaru,Mike Jones,Mii
Third Party - (1) Ryu Hayabusa

I think I did it right....

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Roll for SSB4!!! Seriously, Luigi must meet Roll, wouldn't that be so adorable?!

Also, we need more funny cuties for Smash, Peach can't do it enough!

:phone:

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
I wonder.... now that we've heard the news, what's Megaman's chances of making it to Smash now?

Decemberist

Smash Cadet
This has probably been asked to death, but how will this game be played competitively if the system only supports one wired controller? One can hope for a wireless Wii Classic, I guess.

Oh, hey, first post.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This has probably been asked to death, but how will this game be played competitively if the system only supports one wired controller? One can hope for a wireless Wii Classic, I guess.

Oh, hey, first post.
It actually supports up to 2. They confirmed that ages ago.

Wait, Nintendo gives a crap about Competitive Gameplay? If they did, they'd add a damn harddrive to the system. For example, games like Tales of Symphonia could actually be saved on the system. But they can't seem to implement a memory card system, which is pretty clear that the lack of a harddrive is the reason why.

And once again, what's wrong with MegaMan?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

Oh, hey, first post.
2 now bro.and since matches are mostly Singles, that's good enough. (plus there is the 3DS version too.....) and as for Nintendo's competitive support, thy are behind the Pokemon games and TCG at least.

Decemberist

Smash Cadet
2 now bro.and since matches are mostly Singles, that's good enough. (plus there is the 3DS version too.....) and as for Nintendo's competitive support, thy are behind the Pokemon games and TCG at least.
Two wired ports now? Oh, good.

I'm really behind on the Wii U. I didn't think I was.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
@LC-DDM
I remember the popular argument agaisnt sonic was all he can do is spin. Also it's not like sakurai is against using his creative license, all captain falcon does is drive and it took 3 installments before that was referenced in his moveset.

Bomberman has many different types of bombs with different effects so if they do make a bomb only moveset it has the potential to not be stale. In addition to his bombs he has various power ups and charabombs

If anything, Sakurai didn't do enough with Sonic's moveset. His Side B spell should've been the Fire Shield Boost from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and his Down B spell should've been the Magni-Barrier or Bubble Shield from said Knuckles arc.

To the one who suggested Tifa Lockheart represent Square, when have any Final Fantasy VII characters ever been on a Nintendo system?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If anything, Sakurai didn't do enough with Sonic's moveset. His Side B spell should've been the Fire Shield Boost from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and his Down B spell should've been the Magni-Barrier or Bubble Shield from said Knuckles arc.
Personally, I would've rather had the Bounce Attack or Ring Dash added in.

To the one who suggested Tifa Lockheart represent Square, when have any Final Fantasy VII characters ever been on a Nintendo system?
Cloud and Sephiroth have a small appearance in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and may be in the latest DS game. However, as for major appearances, I don't know if they fit. Same with Squall as well.

Metal Overlord said:
Frieza objects to this :smirk:
Cell's immune to Kienzan Discs, AND is stronger than Frieza. That, and his forms don't look nearly as bad. He's also been more successful in killings, too, and plus, not even Goku could beat him in Z, and that's saying something.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Can't we go ONE week without mentioning Mega Man? lol
It was much worse before. It was like impa except everyone liked him and I was the one guy fighting against it. It was literally a daily topic for a few weeks.

@GTA haterade
My point was that sakurai didn't keep him out because "all he could do is spin"

Decemberist

Smash Cadet
I think Dragon Quest is a more likely bet than Final Fantasy, personally. In fact, I'd love to see the Hero from DQVIII or IX.

His FS would be 100% Tension!!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Cecil from FFIV>>>>>>>Tifa from 7.

seriously, he's theone FF character who has the deepest root with nintendo consles(generic enimies andcharacter clssses excluded.)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Cecil from FFIV>>>>>>>Tifa from 7.

seriously, he's theone FF character who has the deepest root with nintendo consles(generic enimies andcharacter clssses excluded.)
But Tifa's way hotter.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
15 characters, 15 Franchises. How will you split up the characters?

Rules:
Spread the characters as you please
You must have TWO shock/WTF characters (Like, Sheik/ZSS/PT and ROB/G&W)
You must have a new Weapon weidling character
A new heavy character
A new Light character
A character who brings a new gimmick (Peach, IC's, Diddy/Dixie, Olimar, ect)

Super Mario (1) Toad.
Yoshi Island/Story -X
Wario Ware/Land (1) Captain Syrup
Donkey Kong (1) KingK.Rool
Legend Of Zelda (1)-Tingle
Kirby Series (0) -X
Pokemon (1) Mewtwo
Metroid (1) Ridley
StarFox (0) -X
F-Zero -X
Fire Emblem -X
Mother -X
Kid Icarus (1) -Medusa
Smaller Franchises (7)-Mike Jones, Little Mac, Saki, , Takamaru, Isaac, Mii, Lip.
Third Party - (1) Megaman (can record a B or SIDE B ability to his TAUNT buttons, to switch between them at will)

Took the challenge, and I was mostly biased towards new, smaller franchises. I think they deserve the spot this time. :p

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Rules:
Spread the characters as you please
You must have TWO shock/WTF characters (Like, Sheik/ZSS/PT and ROB/G&W)
You must have a new Weapon weidling character
A new heavy character
A new Light character
A character who brings a new gimmick (Peach, IC's, Diddy/Dixie, Olimar, ect)

Super Mario (1) Toad.
Yoshi Island/Story -X
Wario Ware/Land - X
Donkey Kong (2) King K.Rool, Dixie Kong
Legend Of Zelda - X
Kirby Series (0) -X
Pokemon (1) Mewtwo
Metroid (1) Ridley
StarFox (1) -Krystal
F-Zero -X
Fire Emblem -X
Mother (1) - Kumatora (Can feint with all her specials)
Kid Icarus (1) - Palutena
Smaller Franchises (6)-Tom Nook, Little Mac, Saki, , Isaac, Muddy Mole, Lip.
Third Party - (1) Megaman [/COLOR]

Decemberist

Smash Cadet
I always imagined him as at least as tall as most of the human characters (Falcon, Marth, et al.). I don't actually know how tall he really is. If he were that small, though, he'd be kind of silly; like being attacked by one of those Gundam model kits you can buy at those Asian grocery stores up north.

He'd be an absurd character, though, big or small. Like a really fast R.O.B. with ridiculous projectiles.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Touch screen=new C stick? I'm down.
The Wii U controller does have two Slide Pads though. I'm pretty sure the right Slide Pad will cover quick smash attacks.

Can't we go ONE week without mentioning Mega Man? lol
that's like trying not to breathe.
It's not that I have a problem with it lol, I just noticed that we mention him more than almost any other character
At least I'm pretty much neutral with Mega Man, so I'm not too bothered by those Mega Man discussions; mainly because I'm not really involved with them.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey guys, I have decided to put my great big stage poll idea into action right now. If you guys have any suggestions right now please offer any at this time. I am looking to add as many good ideas as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom