• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
... Sorry to be so blunt, Pichu, you my homie but I'm just saiyan

Y'all can continue with whatever the hell y'all were discussin' before I raged

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
What do ya'll think about this character?

I don't want her to get in I just want to hear your opinions.

Also Iblis is that character in your avatar Hiei I think I remember watching that show when I was younger.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
No you can't at all. That's a design flaw that will always happen if you have two characters as one as you can see in the video.
well im pretty sure they're gonna NOT kick out ice climbers so might as well talk about it.

now...

do you have any other characters in mind....cause those two and this is all i got really.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Jill Dozer would be the only character of her kind in Smash and SSBF doesn't find her interesting. >:

D

Deleted member

The only Jill I care about is Jill Sandwich.

Oh, and @BirthNote
But you have no problem with predicting Toad and Doc instead of Toad and Jr./Paper/Walui.I wasn't the one going off about how "Paper Mario, Toad, Bowser Jr., and Waluigi are going to all be considered because people speculate about them". That was you.
I have no problem with other people's speculation. It's when they denounce other's speculation with nothing to back them up. That is what you did.

There will always be tons of speculated characters for an SSB. Some are reasonable choices, others are from the left field. Geno's 3rd party, and a few users have posted and reposted Sakurai's statement on how effortlessly simple it is to add 3rd party characters. With that in mind, would you really expect him to add a 3rd party Mario character when there are 1st party ones still unplayable? I don't, but others do. Others are so intent with the idea that if someone is mentioned enough by fans on an internet forum, that they stand a good chance. You are no different.
Going by what almost was, Dr. Mario is likely. Going by data that Sakurai has accumulated, Toad is the most likely Mario newcomer., being in the Top 10 of his poll pre-Melee, and the other 3 Mario characters above him (Bowser, Peach, and Wario) being included already.

Since Dr. Mario was already in the game it would be slightly easier to consider him over Toad and 1 of the other 3. It would probably be easier to keep Pichu instead of the Pokemon Trainer. This would be true, had Pichu actually have data in Brawl's disk. But it doesn't. Pichu and Young Link were intended to be cut. Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario were not, and were victims of circumstance.

Also, keep in mind that we still got a young Link in Brawl, and that Pokemon got new fighters, whereas Mario got none and lost someone who never left. I should also point out that different series get different reasons for cuts. That is actually debateable. Wario is borderline Mario character, despite him representing WarioWare. And I thought Smash "isn't other series" :troll:?

Fine, you're right. I shouldn't discount LM2. Since I'm including that, King Boo's roles still doesn't surpass Bowser Jr.'s.
Quantity, yes, Jr. surpasses King Boo. Quality, no, KB surpasses Jr.
Jr. is just a lackey to Bowser when he isn't kidnapping Peach to piss off Mario. (And even then, Bowser plays a role.) King Boo, while allied to Bowser, kidnapped Mario and tried to kidnap Luigi on his own without order from Bowser. And again, he's Luigi's main enemy. That makes him unique from Jr.

And TBH, saying that only ignorants complained about clones is jumping to conclusions. So is predicting Toad and Doc.It's not jumping to conclusions. They're complaining about something that is arbitraty and was intended to make Melee's roster more vast. And really? 6 clones to 19 original characters not including Sheik? That's "too much"?

OH, and smash isn't other fighting games. Worst. Point. Ever. Seriously, this alone is enough to make your argument moot.
Seeing at this point, it's just a conflict of interests, there will be no winner. So let's just drop this now before problems rise, 'K?

@Everyone else, don't open that, unless you want to read a response to an argument made 20 pages back... -_-

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
as a matter of fact if they design the whole double characters totaly differently then sh* like that wont happen...

like if they make to where the secondary character moves together with your primary to make ONE move as oppose to both doing the same move. thus preventing chain bull.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Jill Dozer sounds interesting; however, I think her chances would be better off if she received another game. It would be nice to see one (though GameFreak is too busy with the Pokemon games at the moment).

@PoppyBro

Awesome! It's great to know that SOPA was finally declined from passing!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
as a matter of fact if they design the whole double characters totaly differently then sh* like that wont happen...

like if they make to where the secondary character moves together to make one move as oppose to both doing the same move. thus preventing chain bull.
But then knocking the secondary character off would render the main character utterly useless.

:phone:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Jill Dozer sounds interesting; however, I think her chances would be better off if she received another game. It would be nice to see one (though GameFreak is too busy with the Pokemon games at the moment).

@PoppyBro

Awesome! It's great to know that SOPA was finally declined from passing!
We apparently still have the PIPA to worry about, though. :c

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
That would be a lot of extra work to prevent a tactic that the competetive community even allows. Just my 2 cents

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
That would be a lot of extra work to prevent a tactic that the competetive community even allows. Just my 2 cents

ya i know

but he asked a question and i just answered.

but the origianal point was to think of characters that would fit the double character catagory. not "wouldnt this or that be bs or not"

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Replace the small tree with PIPA. :glare:
I thought I was in the clear, but a tiny detail popped up... :c

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Eirika and Ephraim could work as a tag team though they aren't the most popular (but not hated =P) or well known.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps Krom and Liz could function as a new tag-team, considering that his game features tag-team fighting.

EDIT: But not replace Ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom