• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
We won't get Gen 6 until 2014 in Japan and 2015 in America we aren't going to get a 5th Gen Pokemon. If Smash4 comes out in 2014 we'll probably get Genesect

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What's good?

I don't think they'll be remade in time for Smash Wii U. Possibly not at all. Kind of mad that there's no Gen 2 rep in Smash anymore and that they put in irrelevant Lucario over so many options that would have made more sense.
Lucario had, and has, more popularity then any of the 4th gen Pokemon. Why is he a bad choice?

I am pretty indifferent when it comes to Pokemon. The only Pokemon newcomer that I've actually WANTED since 64 was Meowth, and we all know that that ship has long since sailed.

Welcome to the ever changing world of PKMN, where it takes a few years to discover an entirely new region. Meowth 4 Sm4sh, definatly.

The main reason I don't support Victini is because first, we already have 3 cute Pokemon with Pikachu, Jiggs, and Squirtle.

No. That's not a valid arguement on why Victini shouldn't be in Sm4sh because it's not about design, it's about the character's potential overall, like how they'd fit to be a sm4sher, which Victini has proven many times over and over.

Not to mention that there are already a **** ton of fire users in Smash, so we don't need to add another Fire pokemon.

You mean with Poke Balls? Because Charizard's the only playable fire-type.

And especially if they add readd Mewtwo, having 2 Psychic Pokemon is pretty redundant.

*IF*

Then there's that time when someone went onto the Japanese Smash forums and Victini was like never or hardly mentioned, as if the Japanese don't even consider him.

The chariman of the PKMN company (SSBF knows the name) loves Victini. HUGE Boost. The Japanese love Victini more than they do Zoroark, and if Lucario is removed, and Zoroark comes, then the game will take hits because Lucario has a hell of alot more fans than Zoroark, and Zoroark is considered the 5th gen Lucario, looking at it's role/body-type.

On my personal roster, I have Zoroark. I spoke to Serebii personally around the Brawl speculation time and he assured me that Lucario would be in Brawl WAY before he was leaked.

It was kinda obvious. Lol

He said that "Lucario was designed for Smash." If you look at Lucario and consider Serebii's inside info, I actually believe him. Now looking at Zoroark, I think that he/she has that same body type that would make me say that is perfect for Smash.

Once again, fans would NOT like the idea of replacing Lucario with Zoroark. And bringing all three would cause issues in the tier list.

Besides, I personally like Zoroark's design a hell of a lot more than Victini.
But like I said, I'm pretty indifferent and I certainly don't HATE him like I loathed Gardevoir and her supporters during the Brawl speculation days. I just think Zoroark makes more sense.

Victini's design can be seen as "the modern Pikachu", so I don't blame you there. Gardevoir was one of my favs, but once Lucario came, he was the only pkmn I voted for.

However, Game Freak could EASILY give Sakurai a gen6 Pokemon to slap in there since Smash 4 will probably come out around the same time as the generation 6 games.
Looking at what we have now, if a 6th gen DOES come, which I really hope it doesn't, no doubt the 5th gen would be ignored. Sadly, B&W are VERY popular games. Tbh, not entering a rep for the 5th gen would piss alot of players off, and, yeah fan wars, blah blah, you get the point.
Answers underlined.

We won't get Gen 6 until 2014 in Japan and 2015 in America we aren't going to get a 5th Gen Pokemon. If Smash4 comes out in 2014 we'll probably get Genesect

Not exactly. If Meloetta/Genesect aren't in the same movie, then the 6th gen could come around the beginning of 2015, because we're already waiting for a diffirent movie at present time. Though it's been said, Keldeo has NOT been comfirmed in the latest movie. But if new games are made, like MD and Ranger, then I'd pin 2015, definatly. We already know that the PKMN Crossover game is due to release in Japan in Spring. There's a new game supposably being announced a month from the latest Jumpfesta. So, sometime in Feb, maybe?

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
I dont see a reason to take out lucario. He's very popular, reps the gen that started online pokemon and such, is unique to brawl, great moveset, and nobody wants him out, they just ASSUME he will be out / get replaced without thinking the whole thing through.

I can't believe I have to come out of the cave just posting to this certain reply.
He's already represented in Peach's neutral B. I think that accurately represents him as a servant of the Princess literally being used as a shield.
Thus, why I will not even bother touching this post. Wait I just did. WHOOPS
To ride around in a gokart and have a bunch of fake made up moves?
Oh... So you're saying that him summoning mushrooms, using items and using his HEAD (Literally) is made up? You do realize they have SOLID REFERENCES. We don't just pull moves out from no where you know. That's just stupid.

As for the fake and made up moves, go see the space animals (Star fox characters) and look at their attacks. They never did "(Insert animal) Illusion" or "Fire(Insert animal)" however, it was based on what they do in their star ships. Toad rush (If you were talking about it) was based on the go kart.

I can't believe you actually thought that Sakurai needed to grasp the straws just to make a moveset for Toad when he has a load of traits and ABILITIES that separate him from Mario and Luigi and hell even Peach and Bowser. Maybe not in the melee and brawl speculation era but in this speculation era, Toad has a lot of new things and abilities for him that can be used in..... well... as a move in his moveset. Well.... It's as what Zap said, the Mario series is too simple

------------------------------------------------------

I can't tell if you're just ignoring me but I'm not being a Toad *** fanboy. Everything posted above are facts. A moveset for Toad (And anyone) is possible. If my memory serves right, you said that Nook would be awesome and unique with all the cool specials he can have. I find it ironic you say nothing about it grasping when he can't even FIGHT. Well, TOAD DID FIGHT (Not as much as Mario and Luigi but.... he did more of a job than Peach at least). If you said that Nook's moveset might be grasping then disregard what I just said here. Lol

It also seems like you have trouble with grasping characters (Dixie for example). That's up to Sakurai. IF he could make a moveset for a nintendo controller/toy (ROB), a duo that only uses hammerzzz (Ice Climbers) and A 2D figure that doesn't do much (GAW - Fun fact : He got the Wright treatment - Using the animations as his attacks), I think he can handle making movesets no matter how iffy it is. The moveset barrier/excuse is useless when it's against characters anyway.

-------------------------

FUUUUUUU--- Why can't there be a day where in I don't reply to at least one post?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I can't believe I have to come out of the cave just posting to this certain reply.

Thus, why I will not even bother touching this post. Wait I just did. WHOOPS

Oh... So you're saying that him summoning mushrooms, using items and using his HEAD (Literally) is made up? You do realize they have SOLID REFERENCES. We don't just pull moves out from no where you know. That's just stupid.

As for the fake and made up moves, go see the space animals (Star fox characters) and look at their attacks. They never did "(Insert animal) Illusion" or "Fire(Insert animal)" however, it was based on what they do in their star ships. Toad rush (If you were talking about it) was based on the go kart.

I can't believe you actually thought that Sakurai needed to grasp the straws just to make a moveset for Toad when he has a load of traits and ABILITIES that separate him from Mario and Luigi and hell even Peach and Bowser. Maybe not in the melee and brawl speculation era but in this speculation era, Toad has a lot of new things and abilities for him that can be used in..... well... as a move in his moveset. Well.... It's as what Zap said, the Mario series is too simple
Ah, Beserker. What's good? Haven't seen you in awhile. You missed HyperFalcon's look on Toad Lol

So, I'm working on a new Avatar (This one was just for Hyper :awesome:). But I don't know what character I should do. I was thinking Ridley with a SSB symbol, or going back to Victini. Not so sure...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I remember about what Shortie said about me stealing art (bs). I'll be making my own, with this as a reference:

I don't even wanna reply to it even if I don't know what it is. It's gonna start a debate which will make me get bored.

SOOO.... Now, I'm not gonna speculate anymore. I'm basically gonna root for a diverse roster even if Toad's name is not written on it.

HyperFalcon's post about Toad

I ain't even mad and I'm not gonna bother it because a lot of people didn't even read the post. If they did then I'm pretty sure they rejected it from what I saw (I was too lazy to read the rest).
LOL THAT WORD IS CENSORED???
o_o ...............

Oh well
Shut up you racoon.
Close enough

Who were you talking to by the way?

I still root for Toad but just in case he's not in, the roster better be unique and diverse

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I ain't even mad and I'm not gonna bother it because a lot of people didn't even read the post. If they did then I'm pretty sure they rejected it from what I saw (I was too lazy to read the rest).
Lol well, listen to this: Toad has beaten Dixie, has beaten Waluigi, and now has beaten Waddle Dee Bandana in the debates. Next rivalry: Ghirahim :awesome:

I know who Ghirahim is.

Wait, it was a joke. OH. No wonder it sounded a bit weird.

My next icon will be Toad playing Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 which is why I'm SUPPOSE to be inactive UNTIL there were some posts I couldn't just leave hanging there.

Anyway, I'm gonna go back to playing Ultimate. See ya

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I might be gone for a little while. I have to do school T-T Unacceptable. But I'll do it (Like I have a choice).

Well, before I go, I wanna go on and say that I'll be making my sig/Avee today. So best o wishes.

Oh, and
FUS RO DAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Skyrim*

D

Deleted member

@Hoots: Victini wouldn't even be a pure Fire or Psychic user, he'd be a mix of both. As a matter of fact, I would argue this is quite unique considering that it is the only one that is a pyrokinesis in Pokemon. And if adding two Psychic Pokemon is redundant, then having Mewtwo/Lucario and Zoroark is also redundant since they are humanoid Pokemon and if there were three humanoid Pokemons, it would be even more redundant.

On Japanese comments: So should we then disregard Little Mac because he's hardly mentioned in Japan as well along with the possibility of a fifth Mario newcomer, who also gets almost no mention?

As for the similar body argument, it could be argued that Victini has help from this as well, given his body structure is similar to that of Pichu.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Clearly having Zoroark and Mewtwo/Lucario wouldn't be redundant because they're all humanoid Pokemon, since we have plenty of other humanoids in Smash. :troll:

And Zoroark would have a harder time playing similarly to either.

...Now I wonder what that word was. Was it... ****? Oh yes. It totally was. My dad used to hunt those.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It was probably racoon starting with c... I tried typing it when I was pronouncing Suicune sometime last year. T_T

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Me and Oasis have seen you do it multiple times
Lol, do you two just gossip about everyone behind close doors? :laugh:

"Oh, that Overlord guy, he's such a silly DBZ fantard... why is he on Smash Boards again?"

*giggles*

I dont see a reason to take out lucario. He's very popular, reps the gen that started online pokemon and such, is unique to brawl, great moveset, and nobody wants him out, they just ASSUME he will be out / get replaced without thinking the whole thing through.

I never thought of 4th gen like that. "The gen that started the onine era of Pokemon", that's actually a pretty good observation...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Shortie... I was looking at your 2012 poll... Captain N, really? You left out the Duck Hunt Dog from the poll again but you put a character who isn't even a video game character on the poll? He originated in a cartoon... the "no anime" rule applies to him... that rule doesn't just apply to characters from Japanese cartoons, it applies to Western cartoons as well. He shouldn't be on that poll.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My class bores me. So I've returned.

Clearly having Zoroark and Mewtwo/Lucario wouldn't be redundant because they're all humanoid Pokemon, since we have plenty of other humanoids in Smash. :troll:

And Zoroark would have a harder time playing similarly to either.

...Now I wonder what that word was. Was it... ****? Oh yes. It totally was. My dad used to hunt those.
Humanoids. Curse them! So many... Humanoid!
Sounds like a type of candy, Humanoids....nerds :troll:

So, in Rosters for Pokemon, we should have just one Pkmn rep each gen. If the 6th gen DOES come in, then we need to make room... Jiggz. :troll:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I probably should just post my roster now since everyone else is doin' it. It isn't fancy though like Star's, but it should suffice

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's it. If Toad wins another round I'm arranging a match against Ghirahim. Toad may be omnipresent but he's not omnipotent!
[COLLAPSE="-_-"]
[/COLLAPSE]
I rest my case.
Personally, any character is better than Ghirahim, even Waluigi.

Scrap DK from that list, as he's no Mario character. Though Nintendo tried pushing him to that status :/

He's still not a Mario character. He's a big 8 that often APPEAR in Mario games at best. But it's utterly idiotic to call him a Mario character when we all know he isn't.

The first game was named DONKEY KONG, not Super Mario Bros. Not an actual part of it. Never really was.
In the end, it doesn't really matter. Donkey Kong is officially part of the Mario Universe. Otherwise, the Super Mario Wiki wouldn't be covering any games from his own series.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, I found it so here it is:

[COLLAPSE="Metal Overlord's All-Knowing Roster Prediction"] Mario
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Toad

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Tingle

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer Red
Genesect
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Wario
Wario

Yoshi
Yoshi

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Roy

Pikmin
Captain Olimar

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Kid Icarus
Pit

Punch-Out!!!
Little Mac

Golden Sun
Isaac

Sin and Punishment
Saki

Retro
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Mr. Game and Watch
Takamaru

3rd Party
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man[/COLLAPSE]

Let me know what you think of it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
On Japanese comments: So should we then disregard Little Mac because he's hardly mentioned in Japan as well along with the possibility of a fifth Mario newcomer, who also gets almost no mention?
Personally, I don't like it very much. It implies that if the character itself is international, not Japan-only, that character would likely get in Smash only if it is more popular in Japan than in USA and Europe. If a character is more popular everywhere but Japan, it wouldn't get in Smash as a playable character anyway because only Japan's opinion matters.

What I would like is a balance... I would like to see a roster that includes characters that are popular in Japan but not as popular elsewhere AND characters that are popular everywhere but not that popular in Japan.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Personally, any character is better than Ghirahim, even Waluigi.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. Donkey Kong is officially part of the Mario Universe. Otherwise, the Super Mario Wiki wouldn't be covering any games from his own series.
Yeah, I think it should be the other way around. Mario should belong to the DK Universe. But no...
Mario said:
I'm-a gunna steal all the light!
Donkey Kong said:
Like hell.
*Couple years later*
Donkey Kong said:
Mother of god...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, I found it so here it is:

[COLLAPSE="Metal Overlord's All-Knowing Roster Prediction"] Mario
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Toad

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Tingle

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer Red
Genesect
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Wario
Wario

Yoshi
Yoshi

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Roy

Pikmin
Captain Olimar

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Kid Icarus
Pit
Medusa

Punch-Out!!!
Little Mac

Golden Sun
Isaac

Sin and Punishment
Saki

Retro
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Mr. Game and Watch
Takamaru

3rd Party
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man[/COLLAPSE]

Let me know what you think of it.
Everything checks out except for the DK series. I don't think they'd bring both characters, KKR and Dixie into the game. But overall flawless (Where's the Victini?)

sry, dp

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Everything checks out except for the DK series. I don't think they'd bring both characters, KKR and Dixie into the game. But overall flawless (Where's the Victini?)

sry, dp
I've put my official support behind Genesect now (even though I still think Vitctini is the most likely and I used to support him, as well, but whatever). As for the DK thing, I just feel like there's a lot of reason to just go ahead and include both. It's just a shame to see one or the other left out, in my eyes. Thanks, though, my fellow Pokemon Master. ;)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Regarding roster inputs, I haven't updated mine since late August. But for those who weren't around when I posted it...

[collapse=Roster Images]Starting Roster

Complete Roster

Note 1: Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are still included. They're just not present on the images.
Note 2: Regarding the Pokemon Trainer, my Pokemon inputs for him were Oshawott, Servine, and Emboar.
[/collapse]

My signature image does link to an older post that I did, regarding my roster, but that post included filler characters that I scrapped.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK could easily get 2 newcomers if the other franchises get a new one as well. Why can't DK have 4 characters? But StarFox can? Donkey Kong is a top tier Nintendo franchise, so good even they still apperantly cannot handle the series. >_> Even Retro studios did a meh job.

Super Mario Wiki is also a fan project, thus not canon. Nice of them to include DK content, but that still doesn't mean Donkey Kong is a Mario franchise. Wario isn't even one, Mario's ONLY mother of the Yoshi series, and nothing more. The only thing Mario and DK share is their roots with the Arcade, and a few cameo apperances of DK and friends in Mario games.

Anyway, if Donkey Kong gets 2 new characters, surely Mario and Pokémon will also get newcomers (and a returnee in Pokémon's case). Mario might even get 6 characters themselves, perhaps adding in both Toad and Bowser Jr. / Paper Mario. And there's also lesser franchises as StarFox, Fire Emblem, and Kirby who might get up to 4 playable characters. Why is it such a taboo of having 4 Donkey Kong characters? Especially considering their importance and popularity.

And someone said Toad had beat Dixie in an arguement, I don't think he did.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've put my official support behind Genesect now (even though I still think Vitctini is the most likely and I used to support him, as well, but whatever). As for the DK thing, I just feel like there's a lot of reason to just go ahead and include both. It's just a shame to see one or the other left out, in my eyes. Thanks, though, my fellow Pokemon Master. ;)
THE PKMN Master ;)

DK could easily get 2 newcomers if the other franchises get a new one as well. Why can't DK have 4 characters? But StarFox can? Donkey Kong is a top tier Nintendo franchise, so good even they still apperantly cannot handle the series. >_> Even Retro studios did a meh job.

Super Mario Wiki is also a fan project, thus not canon. Nice of them to include DK content, but that still doesn't mean Donkey Kong is a Mario franchise. Wario isn't even one, Mario's ONLY mother of the Yoshi series, and nothing more. The only thing Mario and DK share is their roots with the Arcade, and a few cameo apperances of DK and friends in Mario games.

Anyway, if Donkey Kong gets 2 new characters, surely Mario and Pokémon will also get newcomers (and a returnee in Pokémon's case). Mario might even get 6 characters themselves, perhaps adding in both Toad and Bowser Jr. / Paper Mario. And there's also lesser franchises as StarFox, Fire Emblem, and Kirby who might get up to 4 playable characters. Why is it such a taboo of having 4 Donkey Kong characters? Especially considering their importance and popularity.

And someone said Toad had beat Dixie in an arguement, I don't think he did.
DK series getting two old reps. when it took them 3 games to get Diddy. Nuff said. And I did. But I wasn't the caretaker, nor did I c it. Only heard of the debate.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They had ownership difficulties with Diddy during the Melee days, I doubt he wasn't considered being playable. Note how Sakurai says on Smashbros.com that Diddy finally made it in?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
They had ownership difficulties with Diddy during the Melee days, I doubt he wasn't considered being playable. Note how Sakurai says on Smashbros.com that Diddy finally made it in?
Oh yeah, and obviously kkr and dixie are the easiest characters to get JUST because of that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This isn't 2001 anymore. Your arguement is balls.

Everything Rare created in the Donkey Kong series belongs to Nintendo now. Hence why Dixie and K.Rool have re-appeared in other games since.

Adding points togheter here for you: they are perfectly viable choices for playable characters in Smash Bros.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This isn't 2001 anymore. Your arguement is balls.
Everything Rare created in the Donkey Kong series belongs to Nintendo now. Hence why Dixie and K.Rool have re-appeared in other games since.
I rest my case. And let's also point out IF it's wise to have four reps for the DK series. Honestly, they'll have one newcomer. I'm sure of it. Dixie and KKR... Ya'll ask fer too much. :awesome::awesome::awesome:

I'd like to see KKR. He has more importance than Dixie, if ye ask me. But idk the series well enough to officially say that. BTW, do you like DKC2? My friend was wondering.

I think, if we were to get a rep, it'd have to be KKR, all the way. Why bother with Dixie when you have Diddy? Two monkeys are better than none, and are more balanced than three.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
2001 = the year Rare left Nintendo, and during the Melee development days they had arguements who had ownership over the series. Hence that comment. It's really sometimes irritating how much I have to explain. :/

Sure it's wise to get 4 DK reps, especially now since they took an effort to revive the series with DKCR. It's very doubtful they won't continue on making new DK games, as it sold enourmously good. Might evne outsold Zelda, I dunno?

DKC2 = best game ever. Not even joking. Enjoyed the **** out of it. Wrote the censored word in all capitals btw.

Diddy is the only monkey also. DK is an ape, Dixie is a chimp: :awesome: But yeah, I do see K.Rool is the more unique choice. I would prefer him over Dixie as well if we would only get one character.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
2001 = the year Rare left Nintendo, and during the Melee development days they had arguements who had ownership over the series. Hence that comment. It's really sometimes irritating how much I have to explain. :/

Sure it's wise to get 4 DK reps, especially now since they took an effort to revive the series with DKCR. It's very doubtful they won't continue on making new DK games, as it sold enourmously good. Might evne outsold Zelda, I dunno?

DKC2 = best game ever. Not even joking. Enjoyed the **** out of it. Wrote the censored word in all capitals btw.
No don't bother explaining. My next door neighbor can do that 4 u Lol

DKs awesome, but they've been running with Mario way too long in spin off games. Irritation starts there.

And you are correct XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom