• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammer

Smash Lord
The log files are being rotated on a shorter time schedule now, so we shouldn't have this problem anymore.
I've never even heard of scheduled rotating of log files.

The stuff you're doing, Gideon, has now officially gone way over my head. Thanks for keeping the site running so normal fellas like me can chat about our little video game.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Ok, I just wanted to check if it was me but, SWF has been chugging away these passed few days for me.

It works fine until we get about 500 people on the General Brawl discussion bit, then it just sort of lags slowly, and even cannot display the page at some times.

Is it only me? Or has everyone been having these problems? As I'm pretty sure navigating my way around these boards will be near enough nigh impossible on the 31st.

Phoenix_Kensai

Smash Rookie
For some reason, I've been unable to access these forums in the past few days... every time I've tried to connect, all I get is an error message saying that the connection has timed out and the server at smashboards.com is taking too long to respond. I don't remember the exact time I started having this problem, though I'm sure it was after the server was changed.

One of my friends suggested that I try using a proxy, though, which is working at the moment.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hey, I've been getting this thing where everytime I refresh/open a new window on the SWF I get a new PM notice for my latest PM for my latest old PMs for a month. I've yet to hear anyone else complain about them, so I might be the only one. Anyway this could be fixed?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hey, I've been getting this thing where everytime I refresh/open a new window on the SWF I get a new PM notice for my latest PM for my latest old PMs for a month. I've yet to hear anyone else complain about them, so I might be the only one. Anyway this could be fixed?
I had that issue too.
Just disable the notification for now.
-DD

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Glad to see that it's fixed now. I haven't been able to get in for over two weeks. Also, Gideon, you can ignore that email I sent you.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
My friend Bizzarro Flame double posted the same subject but it was not his fault; lag?
-I told him to PM the moderators on the Ganondorf page to close the second copy and edit the second saying close this thread aswell.

-reported error occurance.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Yeah sorry guys, this thread was posted months ago, I only bumped it as it was the only one that I could think of that directly related to the problems I was having.

Sorry for the confusion.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Just wanted to say, since the RAM upgrade the site is running MUCH smoother and faster for me. All of you who dedicate your personal time and money to this site... you guys are awesome beyond all description.

Florida

イーグランツ
Why don't you just delete all of the 0-posts members? I'm sure that a couple thousand of 'em would cause some lag :p

S2

Smash Lord
I've been getting database errors a lot in the last few days, but when I'm not getting them the site is running very quickly.

People need to remember that the admins are doing all they can to resolve this. There have been a flood of people hitting the server due to Brawl, that's not anyone on SWF team's fault. If anything admins have been super helpful dealing with the lag problems.

Just wanna say thanks for trying to find solutions. Its a great site, keep up the good work.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I've been getting database errors a lot in the last few days, but when I'm not getting them the site is running very quickly.

People need to remember that the admins are doing all they can to resolve this. There have been a flood of people hitting the server due to Brawl, that's not anyone on SWF team's fault. If anything admins have been super helpful dealing with the lag problems.

Just wanna say thanks for trying to find solutions. Its a great site, keep up the good work.
Yeah, I agree here.

Right now it's been moving fine and fast, and the mods have been working really hard to fix it and make it better.

So yeah, thanks and keep up the good work.

Kips

Smash Ace
Thank you so much! After waiting five minutes for almost any page to load, this is so much faster for me. As to deleting all 0 post members, a lot of them are lurkers who read for information and such. Why should we delete them? Maybe those who have been inactive for long times would be more appropriate though.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Maybe those who have been inactive for long times would be more appropriate though.
That means we would have deleted Bumble Bee Tuna, who just returned to the boards roughly two days ago.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
We're not going to delete older users because there's no good reason to do so. Having inactive accounts has nothing to do with lag or timeout issues at all, and deleting those accounts won't speed the forums up at all.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Hmm... It IS still quite slow... I haven't been able to post in quite a while. For some reason, when I use the Quick Reply, two out of three times it tries to bring up a new page, resulting in a "Cannot Find Server".

I'm not even sure if this will get posted. But, Gedennnnn has the right question. I'm sure many more members will exist on Smash World Forums upon Jan. 31st... I'm just glad I won't be around to see the catastrophe.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
This is the test. During the entire time the server was bad, I could not post! No pages (practically) would load as the server was "taking too long to respond." So if this post goes through, something good has happened.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
is the new server in yet or is it just acting terribly? smashboards has been at its worst in the past week, almost never being able to access it. when the site was completely down for a couple days late last week was the worst, and hurt the attendance to the tournament i held on saturday. in the morning its easy to surf around, then it gets worse in the mid day, but in the evening, its practically inaccessible. and at 2am EST (dojo update time), its ridiculous. something really needs to be done considering how much the smash community relies on this site.

Elysium

Smash Lord
is the new server in yet or is it just acting terribly?
QTF

I've been getting database error after database error pages. When I do get a page to load it doesn't have the forum skin.
It takes forever to post anything (I've been on for almost 2 hours and this will be my second post of the day)

This sucks considering Brawl Central is down...
I hope we can get this fixed soon, but it'll probably take awhile considering all the "leaks" that are coming in...

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who can only post 10 minutes per hour?
In the ten minutes I have to post everything or else the site will just stop loading for another hour. :(:(:(
Please bring the old server back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom