• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rob Technique!!!!! Gamebreaking!?!?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I am the robot overlord.

Anyone that disagrees with me is a fleshling.

But really, most of the ROB players that can be considered "good" are good enough to where they can mostly be separated by style rather than skill level.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I'm working on putting out more videos, but I will not lie to you; I'm pretty ****ed lazy.

I'm not sure why, because I have the technology. I promise I will have some up sometime.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Chozen <3 Maxx.

We are two sexy machine devils.
Everyone on this board is sexually appealing. Not necessarily to me, specifically, but each in his/her own ROBotic ways.

Also, if I ever make it east of the Mississippi for a tourney, I want a ROB player to team with me.

Just calling shotgun for the possible future.

Also, last night I watched Wall-E, and I can safely assume that my ROB is 10 times better because of it. I thought of you guys when I saw it. Plus, I got a Wall-E watch... that doesn't fit my wrist so good.

Edit: Check out my new avatar. My inner Wall-E/R.O.B. fell in love with this robot. It's not weird is it?

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
But really, most of the ROB players that can be considered "good" are good enough to where they can mostly be separated by style rather than skill level.
I agree, i'm sick and tired of playing ROB's that spot dodge and dsmash -_-, do something else and dsmash, dsmash and then dsmash. But the videos are good.

Stock cancelling, fer sure.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I'm planning on going to New Mexico's M.A.S.T., so I hope they'll have video recording technology.

Also, I was just eating some ice cream, and one of the scoops looked like Megatron. Maybe it's a sign.

Moar also, it's hard to impress a robot as they don't have emotions. Perhaps if their opponent's level of power is equivalent or greater than nine thousands. Even then, robots can't express their dismay at this data intake.

Also, ROBs that downdodge then downsmash a lot aren't very good. At the very least, they don't have the ROB board's blessing.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe the first few comments here! "Original concept" and stuff?

I though that with such a huge priority, fast moves and epic power, a direct aggressive approach is just common sense for a R.O.B player. It's certainly how I use my time in a match!

MaXXX, your R.O.B is crazy. I see my playing as pretty relentless, but compared to your onslaught i'm just a sandbag with arms. Very awesome.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
*raises eyebrow*

What does that have to do with... anything? :laugh:
Black people are more technical and had scary Foxes in Melee... dunno why it'd matter in Brawl, but every black guy I ever played in the midwest had a technical as hell Fox. It was scary. :'(

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I can't believe the first few comments here! "Original concept" and stuff?

I though that with such a huge priority, fast moves and epic power, a direct aggressive approach is just common sense for a R.O.B player. It's certainly how I use my time in a match!

MaXXX, your R.O.B is crazy. I see my playing as pretty relentless, but compared to your onslaught i'm just a sandbag with arms. Very awesome.
Fast moves? Try playing a good Marth or MK. ROB's aerials are painfully slow. Even fair is too slow sometimes.

Also, maXXX is a Mexican ... but not the dirty kind.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
There is no such thing as a non-dirty Mexican. My characters are technical and aggressive because I live in AZ, where the heat devours the weak.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There is no such thing as a non-dirty Mexican. My characters are technical and aggressive because I live in AZ, where the heat devours the weak.
JCasear needs to have a profile for you in the ROB thread, and that needs to be in it. That's awesome.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That was a pretty epic quote. PM me a player profile maXXX! You can use the ones in the video thread as an example.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I have to give Maxxx major props. He was a really great ROB to play against. He was one of the biggest challenges I had the entire tournament(Next to DSF. Really Close games, he had MKso I couldn't go ROB. So I went Snake, and lost because of a roll coming out rather than my ftilt killing him.)

Maxxx for top 3 ROBs.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Oh please, the midwest is worse because it's nearly as hot but we actually have this little thing called humidity!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah. 98º outside, and it feels like you're walking into a shower. :'(

Sudai

Stuff here
lol..you guys speak of humidity.

Try living in Louisiana. Temp outside = 103 degrees. Humidity is 90% right now. Yeah, I'm basically walking through water here.

Top Bottom