• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new resting technique - the Phanna rest

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
ooh, naaaasty! after i watched your first video on edgecancels, the thought of aerial-edgec-rest had crossed my mind but i never for a second thought it would actually be possible.

This one will have to find its way into the bag of tricks. #1 reason to work on edgecancels for sure.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I use to do this a lot, because I was a good puff main, but my friend got so good at countering it that I gave up. I can't remember how, I think he would Smash DI towards the platform or something.

Very great though, I've never seen it that sexy before. I still think it's wrong you make an old trick sexier and name it after yourself... but screw my opinion, you're Phanna.

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
=\ I've done this plenty of times many years ago...

SOMEONE SHOW US SOMETHING NEW

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Edge-canceling could possibly make an infinite, like if your constantly edge-cancel dairs really fast, or some other weak aerial. I think that's one of the only (maybe) things about Smash that aren't completely known yet: endless possibilities.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
hmph. I like this version as well x3

i never knew daft punk much anyways.

Also I read that Kanye said that the original was much better :D

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
Edge-canceling could possibly make an infinite, like if your constantly edge-cancel dairs really fast, or some other weak aerial. I think that's one of the only (maybe) things about Smash that aren't completely known yet: endless possibilities.
I don´t think it would be truly infinite .
Remember sdi, asdi ,...

btw whats the original titel of that daft punk song ?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Remember that Waveshining isn't strictly in infinite if you SDI/dual-stick DI in some direction. So the only true infinite would be WMoF uhh... wobbling?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Remember that Waveshining isn't strictly an infinite if you SDI/dual-stick DI in some direction. So the only true infinite would be WMoF ...uhh... wobbling?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i could do those combos wit 1 hand lol : p ..........wow phanna playing jiggs i gotta play u
You can consistently cancel all landing lag by landing exactly on the edge of a platform with one hand? Uh-huh.

Miztik

Smash Master
all of these rest combos are amazing but i think Kings backward sex kick rest is the best by far

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I always thought edge cancelling was too situational to have any real use. How often do you pull this off and under what circumstances?

Usually I'll only go for it if my opponent hit me up into the air and im coming down with an attack, but even then there are all those double jump mindgames so i rarely use it even then.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I always thought edge cancelling was too situational to have any real use. How often do you pull this off and under what circumstances?

Usually I'll only go for it if my opponent hit me up into the air and im coming down with an attack, but even then there are all those double jump mindgames so i rarely use it even then.
Euh, I do it a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASX5iHcu7q0

Top Bottom