• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Punish for Whiffed Smash Attacks.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I was messing around the other day and came up with an interesting little combo. I did this to marth. We were on bf and marf was wding around and missed a smash attack I jumped toward him with the intent to nair only to realize i was holding a bomb!

So right as i got over marfs body i zdropped the bomb and instantly wave landed backwards. the bomb hit and exploded on marth and i went straight into an fsmash for the kill.

I also did this to get grabs. It works as a mind game too. Sometimes only the fuse hits them but you can usually get a grab or something off.
It's basically a bait and switch. you have to be quick tho. On the up side you are pretty safe doing this. if they attack you the bomb explodes and you dont get sent flying, if they shield the bomb will bounce off and you can safely wl back away from a grab (in most cases) or just regrab the bomb.

what do you guys think? if this is legit I'm going to call it Lordydennek's Z-punish Extravaganza! or just Z-punish....

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Very situational as you exclaimed that you realized you had a bomb in your hand.

Personally I would throw the bomb up and land a grab. If Marth is at high percent bomb drop to dair should work. Really, what I'm concerned about is if the Marth is at low percent. He could CC that bomb drop to Fsmash or grab therefore my knowledge is telling me to grab instead.

It's a nice trick, you should coin it.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Useful as a mind game yes you may call it what you want just be sure that the germ is someone who uses this tactic alot, but the most tech bomb skilled link is definitely sliq so if you want to see cool bomb tricks look what he does.

Sliq

Smash Master
I love me some bombs. It's a shame Brawl sucks, otherwise I'd bomb **** the **** up.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I love me some bombs. It's a shame Brawl sucks, otherwise I'd bomb **** the **** up.
The bomb master himself.

I'll never forget when I had only been playing melee 2 months, this guy ruined my Falco with techchase regrabs and crazy stuff on Dreamland. There were steady bombs all over the platforms. He must have just been entertaining himself because I couldn't platform waveland or anything. This was a full year ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. Goods hit Sliq.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
i have to admit, i rlly like the charge fsmash idea best. at i high percent itll lead to a kill n at a low percent, itll create space for rangs/bombs

Top Bottom