• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pork City is full of crap.

RikotheFoxKid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RikoTheFoxKid
what exactly is the New Pork Jump? I mean I know what it is, but where would you start and where would you try to go?
Well, my original idea was jumping off the left where that little platform is and landing in the "Fight Club" thing. But that's too easy, so I'm testing another one. Jump off the right and jump through the breakable platform. Haven't tested it yet, but I'll say what happens when I try.

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
I think it was a good stage idea, I mean making a New Pork City themed level, it's just Sakuri did not pull it off correctly. Look at the other Earthbound Stages like Fourside (which was the best) and Onnet. You'll notice that the actual enviorment is part of the stage while New Pork City is really a background that looks like a pop up book with a bunch of random platforms>.>

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Well, my original idea was jumping off the left where that little platform is and landing in the "Fight Club" thing. But that's too easy, so I'm testing another one. Jump off the right and jump through the breakable platform. Haven't tested it yet, but I'll say what happens when I try.
I was thinking you could start from the highest drop-through platform on the right and try to get to the farthest-left platform. You can do that with Jigglypuff just by jumping to max height and then DIing left.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Once I told a friend the Chimera would heal him to 0% damage, and he believed me! But he wouldn't admit it. So he got defeated by the Chimera. Still I think New Pork City isn't that good a map.

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
Its just boring.

One stage i dread to fight on when i press random which is a shame because i expected it to be really good on 1st impression. Ahh well i've still got hyrule castle for the famous "Run away!!!" technique.

Which fails. Epicly.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
New Pork City is huge. So huge, it's like the second coming of Hyrule Temple's awesome bottom floor, where you could get up to 500% and still live (As I've stated in many other posts. I'm not obsessed, I swear!). The Chimera can be seen from miles away, so he's not a big concern. The one problem I really have with New Pork City is the god**** camera. I played with three friends in NPC, (Oh wow) and we kept getting flung out in all directions. The **** camera zoom ruined the entire match. We got so frustrated we left and went back to Hyrule temple. It's a fun stage for 1vs1, but if you want a big arena, stick with the temple.

SilverSonic101

Smash Cadet
I completely agree. I can't tell what is platforms and what is not. The Ultimate Chimera takes up a lot of land. New Pork City is very annoying.

TheTomNookster

Smash Apprentice
One of the worst stages ever created for a SSB game, without a doubt. Also, it's boring to fight on.

darklink92

Smash Rookie
Yeah, this stage kind of sucks. I especially dislike how it has so many platforms in random places. I also dislike how far the camera zooms out sometimes. At least we got a stage from Mother 3.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I felt sad that some of the best music in the game gets on one of the worse stages in the game (75m is some strong competition)

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
The Temples a good level D: but ye NPC is totally crap, its way too open and the camera view sucks bad aswell, the level is way too complex, big and open, its highly unlikely you could actually get a good match from that level.

PKflashfreeze

Smash Rookie
New Pork City's annoying because it's so big. You can hardly see yourself because the camera's zoomed out so far. I think it would be a better stage if it was medium-sized. Kind of like Fourside from Melee.

xXZeroXx

Smash Cadet
I was kinda happy when Shakurai said it would be a stage even more large than Temple. Then I realised it was just crap. Chimera, background=platforms, camera... It's just the worst stage on Brawl.

Shirahama

Smash Rookie
New Pork City is one of the worst, if not the worst, stages in all of Smash history. As said in a previous post, it can only be rivaled by Icicle Mountain.

There are many things wrong with this stage. It's just one big cluster of obscenely annoying ledges/footholds. It is very difficult to tell what is background and what is stage. Given its idiotically incredible size and unconventional 'ceilings', it is very hard to score a KO. In fact, at one point in the match, the opponent will begin to turn the tide and use it against you.

Ultimate Chimera -- Easily the most hated obstacle EVER. Though one can easily avoid it, cunning players will trick and throw you into its path. Then...

CHOMP!

It is a rarity to survive. It is immediate InstaKill.

Campers absolutely dominate this stage. I remember facing an Olimar once and the entire match consisted of him spamming Pikmin Chain while cowering in an alcove. Needless to say, it was really difficult to approach and any other attempt to close in would be easily seen.

Some players, namely Sonic, are notorious on this stage. It is very difficult to get past their wall of combos AND trying as hard as one can to not be smothered by the very stage itself.

That's another problem. The footholds. I often get tricked into trying to recover onto a wayward platform or end up hugging its bottom and end up free-falling to my imminent doom.

Most matches will take up only a specific landmass, most famous being the very bottom of New Pork City. To this end, most players will take advantage of the structural make-up. The left-most cluster of platform is where campers thrive. The bottom is where the heavy-hitters dwell and I'd assume the right-most is where vertical attackers, like Ivysaur, prosper.

All in all, New Pork City is a place of condemnation, where one will find himself thrown about the stage like a ragdoll. This is one stage that is DEFINITELY not enjoyable. At least for some...

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
personally, I really hate big stages.

This stage is banned not because of the Chimera (which is laughing easy to avoid unless something unlucky happens), it is because the stage is relatively large (like Melee's Temple) which allows camping and is relatively hard to KO someone.

Johnyboy

Smash Rookie
I realy like the stage already from the beginning, when i first started to play the game. It still is one of my favorites, and the song "Humoresque of a Little Dog" Is my favorite song :laugh:

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
2minute nintendo connection tour + this map + a suicider to someone(10 yrold girl pit) who only standard "a"-ed him once = Crappiest match ever.

Yes, I noted this reason because this personally happened to me, making me hate this map even more than the first time I saw it.

Xavi

Smash Cadet
I agree it's a stage where it's kinda hard to KO, but hell, a stage is a stage. I'd play it.

Top Bottom