• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pork City is full of crap.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Seriously. The Mother boys are probably insulted to have it as their home stage. The Ultimate Chimera ruins even party matches, and every character can survive Jigglypuff's Rest at 999% at the lowest point on the stage. This stage is fail in the purest form possible. At least on Norfair avoiding instant death is fun. Discuss.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This stage was an autoban from the very beginning. Why is this thread here?

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
You can see the chimera coming from a mile away. I don't see how anybody can unintentionally get crunched by it. Why would you be trying to kill with Jiggly's rest off the top when you could edgeguard, or forward smash off the side of the stage much more easily? I find New Pork City fairly fun to go to. It's where I practice my gliding.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
First off, I'm just saying that the Ultimate Chimera is bad because he completely blocks off parts of the stage. Secondly, I was just making the point that one of the most potent moves can't kill there at max damage. I found that out in training mode.

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
I was so incredibly disappointed with this stage! I'm a big earthbound fan and there are so many other options they could have gone with. But this stage is too big, has too many ledges, and is incredibly annoying. After playing on it once, I never wanted to again.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
and the vermin of the world inhabit it
and its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit
and it goes by the name of New Pork City.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can see the chimera coming from a mile away. I don't see how anybody can unintentionally get crunched by it. Why would you be trying to kill with Jiggly's rest off the top when you could edgeguard, or forward smash off the side of the stage much more easily? I find New Pork City fairly fun to go to. It's where I practice my gliding.
I tripped into it while it spawned. Then it randomly whiffed me. I also teched 7 times past 150% that match.

Anyway, the stage is auto-banned, anyway.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
and the vermin of the world inhabit it
and its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit
and it goes by the name of New Pork City.
Nice reference. Too bad I actually like New Pork City. Its a great place for FFAs, and If you put the items on max bombs, its awesome. Great place for those matches that would normally be too crowded.

However, I am a Lucario user...

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I was so incredibly disappointed with this stage! I'm a big earthbound fan and there are so many other options they could have gone with. But this stage is too big, has too many ledges, and is incredibly annoying. After playing on it once, I never wanted to again.
I know exactly what you mean! The only Earthbound Smash stage I ever liked was Fourside, and guess what?

It's gone.

And Terios has too much time on his hands.

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
New Pork City is a large stage gone wrong.

Even though temple was a bad competitive stage, its still a much better large stage than new pork city. This stage is just makes me want to hurt someone; it's that annoying. This is the reason why I hate fighting the mother boys in all-star mode.

Oh and never fight a Sonic on this stage.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I already knew that NPC was horrible, I could make an entire list. In fact here it is.
1: It is ridiculously hard to KO somebody on this stage.
2: there is no floor
3: That Ultimate Chimera thing keeps me away from the main landmasses, even when it isn't on the stage
4: Sonic

There, happy.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
NPC is definitely one of the worst designed stages in the entire smash series, no doubt.
Quite a shame, since it's the only mother 3 stage ;_;

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
It's a real shame the stage is as bad as it is. Unfounded Revenge = win.

Makes you want to go back in time and tell Sakurai to shrink the place. <_<

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I've never actually seen anyone die there. Not even level 1 CPUs (who I once put there just to see if they would die). Everyone avoids the Ultimate Chimera and avoids the areas where there is nothing to stop you if you get hit.

WTF!

Smash Cadet
poor new pork city is the loneliest stage on my brawl

it got to many things on the background that my uncle that uses glasses could not find his character , and he said it was shiet

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
it got to many things on the background that my uncle that uses glasses could not find his character , and he said it was shiet
He's not the only one. It's hard to see what's background and what's a platform most of the time.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Snowman is an amazing song. So amazing that it makes up for NPC's other faults.

Geist

Smash Master
How many "New Pork City sucks" threads are going to have to be created before everyone finally gets it?!
Jesus.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Plus every time I see the bloody level it makes me hungry for pork chops.

Ooookkkkkk...

Anyway, yeah, 75m is tolerable because the game it's from owns. Plus, unlike Earthbound, it was frickin available in America.

And I'm pretty sure Snowman would make NPC more tolerable, but somehow I don't have it. So far I've just been using Unfounded Revenge or whatever it's called.

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice

Ooookkkkkk...

Anyway, yeah, 75m is tolerable because the game it's from owns. Plus, unlike Earthbound, it was frickin available in America.

And I'm pretty sure Snowman would make NPC more tolerable, but somehow I don't have it. So far I've just been using Unfounded Revenge or whatever it's called.
I don't think any amount of music will make this stage more tolerable.

Oh and Snowman is a CD; just make a CD factory to get it.

Top Bottom