• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Official Bowser Jr. Thread: Home of the Koopatrol *now recruiting*

mario-man

Smash Lord
LOL yeah, but if you're weighed down, traction would INcrease. Not DEcrease. xD

mario-man

Smash Lord
yeah, you could make it work somehow. like maybe just forget the weighed down thing. Like maybe it just makes you slip n stuff since paint IS slippery. you could also possibly have the person momentarily get stuck in the paint and can't move.

LOL @ saying "like maybe" alot

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Bowser Junior's B- Moveset, Grabs, Final Smash, and many more! (no A attacks)

Bowser Junior

Entrance: Airship Drop-off. A airship appears and drops him off to the battlefield.

B- Paintbrush swipe. Throws goop with a paintbrush swipe. If it lands on an opponent, it will have a effect on them depending on the paint. The paint will be random. Brown goop will make the opponent have a higher chance of slipping (A.K.A. tripping) and the percentage rate slowly goes higher. Think of Lip's Flower. Red Goop will give a lot knockback and gives a decent amount of damage. Electric Goop gives the most damage and immobilizes the opponent for about 4 seconds. If the goop misses, it will land on the floor and stay for ten seconds. The same effects occurs depending on the paint.

B side- Shell Spin. Remember that spin Bowser Jr. gave in the New Super Mario Bros.? It's that, and it can be controlled this time. Think Yoshi's Egg, but more knockback and less damage.

B up- Paintbrush Spin. Bowser Jr. spins his Paintbrush around him and propels him up. Some goop can spit out to damage. Not the best for recovery, but for damage yes.

Alternate- Bullet Bill Ride. Considering Shadow Mario is in or Sakurai added some changes to Paintbrush Spin with Shadow Mario. I'm not particularly fond of this one, but it was the only one I could make. Bowser Jr. rides on a Bullet Bill upwards for 3 seconds. You can kinda tilt it left and right. If it hits someone, it will explode, damaging the opponent, and propel Bowser Jr upwards. Bowser Jr can not do anything now and will fall to the ground. He can not move, so you better hope ground is underneath you.

B down- Shadow Mario Transformation.

Alternate- Goop Change. Considering Shadow Mario isn't in. Changes goop. You can see what color the goop is by looking at the paintbrush. Simple as that.

I wanted to do different grabs that's not the Goopy Piranha. So let's go!

Grab- Bowser Junior grabs an opponent with one claw. The other claw hold the paintbrush.

Grab A- Hits the opponent with paintbrush. No goop added to opponent.

Grab Forward- Pushes opponent off his claw with paintbrush. No goop added.

Grab Back- Paints goop on the floor/wall behind him, then throws the opponent on the goop in one quick move. If there's no floor or wall behind him, he'll do a simple backthrow. This makes it MUCH weaker.

Grab Up- His Paintbrush strikes the opponent to propel him/her/it up. Perfect for chain throwing fast-fallers. Goop will not be added, however the strike will make the goop fall to the ground.

Grab Down- Forces the opponent down on the ground and paints on him/her/it. Goop is indeed added to the opponent If it's Electric Goop, the effect will come soon after the attack is over.

Taunt Up- M. Uses the Shadow Mario insignia on the ground and cackles. It stays there until a new one is formed or when water strikes it.

Taunt Left- Hauls his Paintbrush over his shoulder and cackles.

Taunt Right- A somersault and cackles.

Victory Poses- #1: He poses, saying "You can't beat me!" then laughs.
#2: Has his bandanna and paints the M insignia on the floor, laughing.
#3: Bowser Jr. jumps in glee, saying "Alright! Yeah!" then stands and forms a pose like this:

Loser Pose: Bowser Jr. has a unique one... Kinda. He stomps on the ground in frustration... He really isn't the type to clap for someone other than his Dad.

Bowser Jr.'s Final Smash: Airship Armada. Bowser Jr. jumps onto his ship that's in the background. He gives a cackle and points at the battlefield. Five bullet bills will be shot continuously. Bob-ombs will fall from the sky and will explode on contact. Two Hammer Bros will appear and throw hammers. The brutal attack lasts for 10 to 20 seconds. Bowser Jr. comes back on the stage. The Hammer Bros. will disappear. No more bombs. The airship will fly away.

Shadow Mario

B- Same as Bowser Junior's.

B side- Goop Graffiti. This is the most fun aspect of Shadow Mario. Shadow Mario lowers his paintbrush and paints on the floor while running. The goop will stay for about 5 or 8 seconds. He can jump and change direction, just make sure you don't step on your own goop!

B up- Paintbrush Spin. Same as Bowser Junior's, considering Bowser Junior uses his alternate up-b. However, if Bowser Junior uses Paintbrush Spin also, there will be some changes. Shadow Mario's Paintbrush Spin will be bent more on recovery than damage. Fewer goop will come out, but a much more better recovery. The recovery a bit bigger than Mario's Super Jump.

B down- Bowser Junior Reformation.

Most of his grabs are the same as Mario's except that his down grab and grab a are the same as Bowser Junior's. There's a difference between Shadow Mario's grabs. His is weaker, but goop will be added.

He has Mario's 'main' taunt, twirling his hat, as his left taunt. He uses his voice after the taunt, grunting. His up taunt is the M insignia, same as Bowser Junior's. In his own taunt, right taunt, he gives the 'Bring it on' sign, cackling.

Victory Pose: #1: Sticks out his long tongue and taunts.
#2: Instead of painting on the floor, he paints the M insignia on the screen, laughing behind it. It still shows the clapping people.
#3: Uses is Up-b on the ground, stops, and goes in a pose like this.

Shadow Mario's Final Smash: Goop Overload. Shadow Mario jumps out of the arena. Goop splatters all over the battlefield (except for sheltered places, such as that tunnel in Hyrule Temple). Pressing B will paint a new coat of goop, but a new color. Basically, want brown goop and have red goop? Paint a new coat of brown goop after pressing B. Goopies (those little blooper-like creatures that came out of the goop) will come out and cover spots that has not been covered, also dealing damage and some decent knockback. You can control their movement and how they attack. They attack when you press the jump button. This will use a lot of strategy in mind. It ends after 20 seconds. All the goop disappears. The goopies, however, will stay. Though, not controlled. Shadow Mario comes back on the stage.

Easter Egg: Hold B after selecting a stage. You will be Shadow Mario (if he's included) instead of Bowser Jr.

Having this Eater Egg accomplished, you'll get his Entrance.

Entrance: Puddle Formation. A puddle of brown goop is on the ground. The brown goop turns blue and forms into Shadow Mario.
Entrance Alternate #1: A transport M appears and Shadow Mario appears from it. The M disappears soon after.
Entrance Alternate #2: Bowser Junior's entrance, only as soon as he lands he's transformed into Shadow Mario.

Any comment/suggestion on my moveset? :laugh:

mario-man

Smash Lord
Everybody stop with the Shadow Mario transformations!!! If BJ is in, he WILL NOT have a down B transformation. Seriously guys, who REALLY wants another zelda/Sheik?!?! I want plain ol' Bowser Jr. and nothing else.

Soyl

Smash Cadet
I checked the video and it's Knuckle Joe. It looks like Jr because of Knuckle Joe's spiky hair.
Hmm, you might be right, I didnt see it as knuckle joe at all at first.. but it might be,.. low quality video makes it hard to tell.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Everybody stop with the Shadow Mario transformations!!! If BJ is in, he WILL NOT have a down B transformation. Seriously guys, who REALLY wants another zelda/Sheik?!?! I want plain ol' Bowser Jr. and nothing else.
Well. I fixed that problem. I included Bowser Jr. by himself by using Alternate B- down.

And I REALLY hope that's Knuckle Joe...

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
I don't think Geno makes it in either he's been in only one game that wasn't even sold in Europe from a very good franchise so don't use that Ice climber or Pit says hi crap on me because they're were the main characters of their franchise. on the moveset. I don't think BJ must only rely on his paint his moves should involve some biting sonic screaming and bullet bills in my opinion.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I don't think Geno makes it in either he's been in only one game that wasn't even sold in Europe from a very good franchise so don't use that Ice climber or Pit says hi crap on me because they're were the main characters of their franchise.
Mario isn't a very good franchise?

Zelda's in, and she's not the main character of her franchise, neither is Luigi.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Here is a B-moveset and Final Smash.

Bowser Junior

Grab- Bowser Junior grabs an opponent with one claw. The other claw hold the paintbrush.

Grab A- Hits the opponent with paintbrush. No goop added to opponent.

Grab Forward- Pushes opponent off his claw with paintbrush. No goop added.

Grab Back- Paints goop on the floor/wall behind him, then throws the opponent on the goop in one quick move. If there's no floor or wall behind him, he'll do a simple backthrow. This makes it MUCH weaker.

Grab Up- His Paintbrush strikes the opponent to propel him/her/it up. Perfect for chain throwing fast-fallers. Goop will not be added, however the strike will make the goop fall to the ground.

Grab Down- Forces the opponent down on the ground and paints on him/her/it. Goop is indeed added to the opponent If it's Electric Goop, the effect will come soon after the attack is over.

Taunt Up- M. Uses the Shadow Mario insignia on the ground and cackles. It stays there until a new one is formed or when water strikes it.

Taunt Left- Hauls his Paintbrush over his shoulder and cackles.

Taunt Right- A somersault and cackles.

Shadow Mario

Most of his grabs are the same as Mario's except that his down grab and grab a are the same as Bowser Junior's. There's a difference between Shadow Mario's grabs. His is weaker, but goop will be added.

He has Mario's 'main' taunt, twirling his hat, as his left taunt. He uses his voice after the taunt, grunting. His up taunt is the M insignia, same as Bowser Junior's. In his own taunt, right taunt, he gives the 'Bring it on' sign, cackling.
Added grabs and taunts. :) I'm not adding aerials and stuff like that. I'm just too lazy. :p I hope my moveset is good!

Bowser Junior Nutt

Smash Apprentice
Guys, Guys! I was thinking about the movelist when I came to a conclusion. The paint CANNOT weight the other person down. Why? Think about it. What if Junior painted someone, and they fell off the edge? The paint would weigh them down and not allow them to recover properly. That's too big of an advantage to be fair. It'd be like making the other person metal without any of the benifits of being metal at any time one wants!

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Guys, Guys! I was thinking about the movelist when I came to a conclusion. The paint CANNOT weight the other person down. Why? Think about it. What if Junior painted someone, and they fell off the edge? The paint would weigh them down and not allow them to recover properly. That's too big of an advantage to be fair. It'd be like making the other person metal without any of the benifits of being metal at any time one wants!
Hmm... That IS true... Well, I thought of something like that special mode in Melee, 'Slow-mo Mode'. Besides, brown goop would just suck if it was only giving damage. Well, at least in my moveset anyway. Know what? I'll change it to having a higher change of slipping AKA tripping. Good luck on your moveset!

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
About that new vid. that people say deconfiirms him, I don't it was him because he would have been wearing his bib thingy that reminds me of a baby and he's not. Either way I refuse to belive it

GodzillaSmasher

Smash Cadet
Well, instead of it stickin' to them and making them heavier, how about it doesn't stick to them at all, and just slows them down when they walk on it?

S2

Smash Lord
I still think a lot of people hate Bowser Jr. because he's not the old Koopa kids.

No one seems to be agains the idea of a mini-Bowser... but the fact that Jr. essentially was the nail in the koopa kids coffin gets him a lot of haters.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I still think a lot of people hate Bowser Jr. because he's not the old Koopa kids.

No one seems to be agains the idea of a mini-Bowser... but the fact that Jr. essentially was the nail in the koopa kids coffin gets him a lot of haters.
That's the truth but hopefully the Koopalings will be in Brawl as ATs.

Kips

Smash Ace
Because it's better then giving him a spike. I specifically wanted his paint to weigh people down BECAUSE they would fall to their deaths and have a harder time recovering. Needless to say you would want to limit the amount of moves he has that constitute slowing someone down, but overall it would make him go from average to deadly.

Before you say it's too big of an advantage to be fair, think about how fair previous characters have been. Spikes, meteor smashes, F-Smashes with huge range, D-Smashes that can do up to 100%... It's not like we want to make them metal-weight, per se, but to simply slow them down and weight them down a small amount.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Eh The Koopa kids lacked depth imo.. Bowser Jr is 10x cooler than all of them.
Yeah. Their characters only had more personality in the Super Mario Super Show or whatever that show was called. I think that they just needed them to talk instead of having a blank stare at Mario in the actual Mario games... I think they got replace just because Nintendo was lazy and made one dang cool son of Bowser. Which was a good decision, since the Koopa Kids had died out at the time until they make their one last cameo appearance in Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga. Unfortunately, they were still doomed with their blank and somewhat angry stares...

Bowser Junior Nutt

Smash Apprentice
Come on, the paint will last on the opponents, right? That means any attack will be turned into a meteor attack once they've been painted! Even if they were only weighted down a little bit, that's still a huge and vast advantage. It is definetly not fair. I'm not saying it was a bad or stupid idea, I'm just saying that it might be to good of an idea. Smash brothers is about having equal characters, and, even though Bowser junior deserves to PWN more than any other characters, it still would make all of the other Characters look worse. I may Love BJ, but the other characters deserve a shot to.

Bowser Junior Nutt

Smash Apprentice
Sure, welcome aboard, Deku-boy! Just go to the front pages to get your banner (if you want one) and your ready to go!

Top Bottom