• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Official Art-Meh Quality

Teej

Smash Cadet
Yo everyone, just a common lurker here. ^__^;;

Anywho, just posted these scans on gameFAQs from my horrible HP Scanner. I ahd yet to see this image on the web, so I'm considering it new. >__>

Sorry about the quality, but it's the best I could get after trying 3-4 times...<__<

Enjoy, I think.

Basmothel

Smash Cadet
Looks more like just models, not art. But still a nice image. If a good quality of that could be gotten without the page break in the middle, it'd make for a superb wallpaper.

Teej

Smash Cadet
Looks more like just models, not art. But still a nice image. If a good quality of that could be gotten without the page break in the middle, it'd make for a superb wallpaper.
Right, I couldn't think of the correct word to use...-_- Thanks for clarifying.

The wallpaper thing is exactly what I was thinking, and it's not hard to asume we'll get a high quality version sooner rather than later, but I still found it interesting.

edracon

Smash Cadet
wario needs a truckload of tic-tacs for that huge mouthe of his. this is cool.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I've only recently realised how Wario's mouth is constantly open.

I think this is great, though. Just love the way they're all standing together, and the models look great, especially the DK one.

Arshen

Smash Cadet
EGM? hm...I'll see about getting the mag. tomorrow and getting the page brake gone...

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
If this was good quality, I would make this my wallpaper. But alas, Snake Kirby Cartoon will be staying for a little while longer.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
That's not too new. I believe it was either at Jump Festa or E4A. It's also backwards (dammit EGM). You can tell from Link's sheath strap.

Anyways, I like it. It's like the Melee pose with the starting characters, only fewer in this case.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
It looks very cool. I like it. :)

The detail they put into the characters is so nice this time around. I was just playing Smash on the N64 about an hour ago, and boy, did those graphics suck. It's amazing how we loved them at that point in time. Smash has come such a long way... :)

Teej

Smash Cadet
There's such a thing as "anime manliness?"

And to who asked: I got the magazine by mail.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Must they always make Link look gay in Smash?
Are you kidding? He looks super fab. I like it. He's badass enough to pull something like that off. If Link were gay in the LoZ games that'd be pretty cool. It wouldn't affect the story at all anyway cause no one ever actual dates in nintendo games.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
This picture is awesome.
I remember seeing it somewhere before though. Only that time it was reversed (i.e. the characters were facing to the left instead of looking out to the right).

Is this picture like this in the magazine? Because I can see part of the word "SHROOM" (assuming mushroom?) and it's backwards.

deadmon

Smash Cadet
For those interested, I scanned my copy the other day too, if you guys want it it's here:

I fixed it up a bit, but I'm no professional scanner or anything.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
That was a banner at EforAll. But still a cool picture. And you can see that they finally realized that Samus us supposed to be a lot taller than Link, not same height....I wonder if she appears that much taller as ZSS though?

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
For those interested, I scanned my copy the other day too, if you guys want it it's here:

I fixed it up a bit, but I'm no professional scanner or anything.
Hey thanks! I was pretty sure the picture was backwards for some reason.

krynny

Smash Cadet
yeah. they could have easily added 2-3 cahrs in the place of wario. i wonder if that scale is accurate?

Top Bottom