• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New No Setup IC "Jump Desync"

Sieghart

Smash Apprentice
Ive realized even though we can almost get it decently consistently in practice, doing it in real matches is almost dumb. There are better options you can do because of the slight chance what you wanted to happen doesnt happen.
I disagree for Nana Up-Smash. I don't know about it being the best option and I won't argue that since I'm a newer player but doing it consistently is very easy for me. I've been trying it out in real matches across multiple controllers and crt/dolphin setups and I rarely miss it. The Popo Up-Smash is something of a nuisance, though. I haven't checked anything out about the other smashes Fly mentioned yet.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
The thresholds are well-understood and documented earlier in this thread. However, if by "it" you were referencing this specific method of doing Nana-only smashes, then I don't know about if it works with other smashes. I'd think it'd work with dsmash since it and usmash are vertically symmetric about the center, though.

Sieghart

Smash Apprentice
The thresholds are well-understood and documented earlier in this thread. However, if by "it" you were referencing this specific method of doing Nana-only smashes, then I don't know about if it works with other smashes. I'd think it'd work with dsmash since it and usmash are vertically symmetric about the center, though.
I was referring to the method I and Smog were showing. It doesn't require any messing with the C-stick before hand so I can get the desynched usmash for either Popo or Nana without having to get used to the weird changes to controller callibration that comes with changing the C-sticks neutral position. I wasn't sure if it was worth it either way though since I haven't found a way to do any other smashes, not that I'm a good person to be doing this at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom