• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Music: Go K.K. Rider

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Dojo Link: Go K.K. Rider

"Animal Crossing: Go K.K. Rider!" (0:52)

Composition Supervisor: Toru Minegishi
Arrangement Supervisor: Keigo Ozaki
  • The copyright for this music is held by Nintendo.
  • Check your volume settings.

It hardly needs to be said that this music plays in Smashville.

Many Animal Crossing songs are pretty serene, so there are a lot of songs that aren’t very suited to a fighting game. What to do, what to do...?

Then there’s this arrangement. As I sit and enjoy this song, it reminds me of one phrase in particular...

"Heroes always arrive late."

For those of you wondering what that above quote means, it is a reference to spaghetti westerns. It was a common theme that the hero was just a little too late to catch the bad guys. Many Westerns make this joke known well when someone asks how one is known to be a hero, to which a character will reply with the above quote. This theory fits well simply because the music has a spaghetti Western feel to it.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry if others might disagree at this point.

But if theres no Animal Crossing character and they're putting an item, a level, and actually trying and brainstorming about the song, it'd look absolutely ridiculous.

Nook or Resetti are going to be in hands down in my opinion.

PS: I actually like the song<,<

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
How fruity. I don't think I'll EVER go to that stage...EVER. Except maybe Saturday's at 8PM to see the amazing performing dog...psh.

pokemega32

Smash Apprentice
"Heroes always arive late."

Well K .K. Slider arrives at 8:00 PM, could that mean he's the hero?

A playable hero?

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if this is the song that usually plays in the background of Smashville or the one that plays on Saturday at 8.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I'd love to play as K.K. Slider. Heroes arriving late means he's going to be a 'late' update...

That last part is 100% true. The first part is actually true.

skraaah

Smash Cadet
I love that they threw in the actual K.K. Slider voice, that's awesome. I have a feeling that Smashville will be a really fun stage. I know that anything Animal Crossing related tends to be kinda cheesy, but it's just pure fun. I really dig that tune too, one of my favourites from the AC games.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Did this song scare any one else when you pressed play? It comes on kinda unexpected and loud >__O

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, I like that weird effect at the end...
That's Totakeke singing. This is no doubt the live performance version.

I really think they could have done this song better. For one thing, double the tempo. Too many dull sleepy songs like the Melee Mario 3 theme.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Craziness! When I was thinking of which AC songs they could use for music, I instantly thought "Go K.K. Rider!" It's the one song that really stuck out as possible "fight" music. Lo and behold, my premotion was right! :grin: Great arrangement, and I absolutely LOVE hearing K.K.'s voice at the end.

"Heroes always arive late."

Well K .K. Slider arrives at 8:00 PM, could that mean he's the hero?

A playable hero?
ZOMG More mindgaming that could corroborate with my theory that Totakeke is a PC! First, Sakurai gets all excited and points out that he appears if you're in Smashville on Saturday at 8 PM. Not only that, but the quote "Heroes always arrive late" both alludes to the time at which K.K. performs (8 PM: "late-ish", I guess) and the fact that K.K. will "arrive" (read: be confirmed) "late" (read: as a secret character). So exciting! :grin:

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Craziness! When I was thinking of which AC songs they could use for music, I instantly thought "Go K.K. Rider!" It's the one song that really stuck out as possible "fight" music. Lo and behold, my premotion was right! :grin: Great arrangement, and I absolutely LOVE hearing K.K.'s voice at the end.

ZOMG More mindgaming that could corroborate with my theory that Totakeke is a PC! First, Sakurai gets all excited and points out that he appears if you're in Smashville on Saturday at 8 PM. Not only that, but the quote "Heroes always arrive late" both alludes to the time at which K.K. performs (8 PM: "late-ish", I guess) and the fact that K.K. will "arrive" (read: be confirmed) "late" (read: as a secret character). So exciting! :grin:
K. K. Metal? Please?

Also you guys are nuts if you think ANYONE in the AC series will be playable. What's next, 9 Volt? Seriously. You are bending Sakurai's words to your own whims.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I hate music updates.

But I LOVED this one. This song is win for three big reasons:

1.) it actually sounds like stage music. It's up there with Space Armada and Menu 1 in quality, and actually sounds like music you can brawl to.
2.) Totakeke voice over
3.) THE SONG I PLAYED IN MY AC:WW HOUSE :D :D :D

We need an MP3 rip, stat.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Also you guys are nuts if you think ANYONE in the AC series will be playable. What's next, 9 Volt? Seriously. You are bending Sakurai's words to your own whims.
There hasn't been a symbol on the site that hasn't used a character. And 9 Volt isn't exactly a stretch either though I expect him as an assist trophy if anything. O_o

And you do know that Sakurai showed Ganondorf as a trophy for SSBM, and he ended up being playable, right?

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
K. K. Metal? Please?

It's beyond silly to immediately discount the chances of any character at this point, especially after Pokemon Trainer.

It's entirely possible, and will of course be amazing no matter what.

gnosis

Smash Lord
That's Totakeke singing. This is no doubt the live performance version.

I really think they could have done this song better. For one thing, double the tempo. Too many dull sleepy songs like the Melee Mario 3 theme.
Listen to the song while looking at Smashville.

Doesn't it already seem like it's almost too driving for the stage? Doubling the tempo would be... awful. :(

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Do you have magic fast posting powers? jw
Heh, you'll never know...

I'm not digging this music update. I do like the music in Animal Crossing, but this sample seemed kind of lacking. It didn't really do K.K. Slider justice in my opinion.

sceptilian

Smash Apprentice
I like this music. Sounds great for the Smashville stage. I also liked the Ocarina of Time Medley.

gnosis

Smash Lord
he sing this song in Animal Crossing

DS version (better) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoRsKyRTvgU

gamecube version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8vkBb7vyWo
Did you read my post?

Did you read the post I quoted?

I already knew this. I was critiquing the quoted's idea that the song's tempo should be doubled.

I'm confused as to why you posted that... did you think I was criticizing the song choice? If so, no, I was not at all. This is my favorite song yet.

Although thank you for the links :D

Hong

The Strongest
I'd appreciate it more if they incorperated the Animal Forest theme. Heck, they could have just gone with an upbeat Animal Forest remix. Though I'm not complaining. I love this song and I love Animal Forest.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Then there’s this arrangement. As I sit and enjoy this song, it reminds me of one phrase in particular...

"Heroes always arrive late."
He's refering to the fact that K.K. Slider starts singing just as the song comes to an end.

Top Bottom