• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Music: Go K.K. Rider

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Listen to the song while looking at Smashville.

Doesn't it already seem like it's almost too driving for the stage? Doubling the tempo would be... awful. :(
It's a BATTLE, not a riverdance. I want INTENSITY and SPEED. Like the Fire Emblem theme in Melee

GenG

Smash Lord
Well, since this piece is based from Kamen Rider's heroic style music, or "Japanese superhero shows" from the 70s and 80s, and the track in Japanese is called "Yuke! K.K. Raidaa" which sounds extremely cheesy, the quote could be from this same series, even from Kamen Rider itself. It suits him :D

PKnight

Smash Cadet
The song has a nice western feel to it, and K.K. even gets to sing.
Win.

Also, to those who say it's not 'fast enough' or 'epic enough,' the melee levels didn't always possess fast paced / hardcore music.
Yoshi's Island, most of the Mario levels, etc.
It's nice to have a sort of silly song to have a casual smash to.
Though I personally believe this song is fantastic. K.K. Slider is the man. Er, dog.

I just wish K.K. was the candidate for the Brawl battler, though his appearance at 8 pm on Saturdays makes that unlikely...
His guitar would make a fantastic weapon. D:

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I'd appreciate it more if they incorperated the Animal Forest theme. Heck, they could have just gone with an upbeat Animal Forest remix. Though I'm not complaining. I love this song and I love Animal Forest.
Why do you call it by the JP name?

NukeA6

Smash Master
It's a bit better than I expected from that stage. At least it isn't that put-me-to-sleep type of stuff you hear in the Onett stage.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I'm excited to hear this song in action.
And Sakurai must enjoy watching us squirm; why else would he put that TOTALLY shady quote at the end?
It can seriously be taken in 12 different and possibly correct ways.

<_>

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
I can seriously see like Mach Rider coming in on a motorcycle or something right after that. And you know K.K.'s gonna be in the background with a full band this time around.

hawkts13

Smash Rookie
hey I was wondering about that quote actually. Its interesting how it is a western spaghetti theme, but I've recently started watching Naruto and that line is said a lot... would it be possible for characters from anime to appear? I mean, it'd fit since its a fighting character XD

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I like it... Except the ****ing metronome-like symbol-sounding snare drum beat that's been in every one of Sakurai's songs. Someone shoot whoever keeps putting that in there.

"Hmm. This song is good. What can we do to make it better?"
"Put an explicit, repetitive, emotionless symbol beat in the background!"

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
hey I was wondering about that quote actually. Its interesting how it is a western spaghetti theme, but I've recently started watching Naruto and that line is said a lot... would it be possible for characters from anime to appear? I mean, it'd fit since its a fighting character XD
No anime characters! It isn't Hero's Comeback. Although... to be fair... I thought about the same thing for a while especially with the new Naru games coming out on Wii.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
I think KK Condor would have been a better choice. But I'm glad at least they picked one of KK's better songs. And they kept the voice (albeit briefly). My fingers are crossed for more songs and more KK Vocals!

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
I think KK Condor would have been a better choice. But I'm glad at least they picked one of KK's better songs. And they kept the voice (albeit briefly). My fingers are crossed for more songs and more KK Vocals!
Condor could be the alternate theme, like Super Mario Bros. 3 was an alternate for Yoshi's Island in Melee.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
what i wonder now is how is K.K. gonna set up. i mean does he just "appear" at 8, or will people start setting up his stage, he walks out, then the cool intro starts, and the music changes

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I like the music, I think it was one of the best songs they could pick from Animal Crossing to put in as "fighting music". I don't see what everybody has against it... The very start is very weird, but that's okay, Animal Crossing is a bit weird you have to admit.:laugh:

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
K.K. will be sure to arrive late to the concert then. He'll make us wait like idiots. *Sakurai laughs in the background* **** you Sakurai and your late updates!!!

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Also, to those who say it's not 'fast enough' or 'epic enough,' the melee levels didn't always possess fast paced / hardcore music.
Yoshi's Island, most of the Mario levels, etc.
and that was precisely the problem. Mario Tetris 3 is WAYYYY better than the song they used in Melee. And I can't stand the default pokemon stadium music.

Also I really really really hope you can use your own songs via SD card. After all, it worked in Photo Channel

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
A dog with a guitar can't be a fighter.
Well that could have been said for Mr. Game and Watch and Captain Falcon in a way.

But really though, I think Resetti would be a more fit fighter. I think he has the greatest chance out of all the AC possibilities to be in only because he could actually fight and have a moveset that makes sense.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't know about Resseti, I would think that the Animal Crossing humans have a higher chance of being playable, they where requested on the poll, plus a moveset could be made for them would make sense as well.

PKnight

Smash Cadet
If El Kabong has taught us anything, it's that guitar wielding animals are effective anti-crime tools.
El Kabong was a western sheriff.
"Heroes always arrive late" is a spaghetti western theme.
Therefore, K.K. is basically confirmed. :O

Kidding of course, but I can hope, right? :D

BoG

Smash Journeyman
K.K., Resetti, and Tom Nook are all great candidates for the game, much more so then the humans in my opinion. I'd love to see K.K. and Nook most, though. Also, I can imagine Cap'n being possible.
Honestly, I think an AC character is almost a given at this point, and it makes me HAPPY.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
I almost hope there is no AC rep just to be evil... no that is to evil... plus the more people the better, right? (as long as they are not cheap or really stupid) But I fear they my have all this stuff BECAUSE there is no rep

Smash Ace
I've never played Animal Crossing, but this is the best music update so far.

M.K

Level 55
Hey, I noticed something.

The Animal Crossing Musician, Totaka, did NOT head up this arrangment...I wonder why???

Top Bottom