• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New move: The Apprentice(not Donald Trump related!)

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking if they had a specific move/taunt (w/e) for each character, something thats gives a Marvel VS. Capcom type help to SSBB,

It would be like when you call for help in MvC, you could press down, left or right on the D-Pad and your apprentice will come and assist you in some way

Example:

Mario/Luigi/Peach could call toad and he flies across the screen or something, or he could come and heal them.

Fox/Falco could call those planes to come [from corneria(sp?)] and shoot your opponent.

Bowser could have Baby Bowser to come and hold your opponent so bowser could get close to combo (cus hes so SLOW)

Anything could happen!

Any Suggestions?!?!?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I doubt it, but it could happen...

you already can with the Space Aminals! (<,>,<,>... while on corneria/venom)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Not everyone has someone to call on, what about Ganondorf, Metaknight, Samus, Pit etc. who don't have partners or friends to help them out. Plus people would probably spam it anyway...

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
You're fired XD

But, I think that if it is there, it would not be fair at all, imagine Marth, weak because he has no projectiles,and he ust camps at the bottom of cornaria, and swords you away when you fall down, because you are jigglypuff... If he had someone to come and hurt you, his camping would be an incredibly strong tactic, and you could not do anything about it, if he was good at it, not better than you, just good at it....

Bowser is not slow, just misunderstood...

And a little slow

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
Although I don't really agree with the idea that you're proposing, it WOULD be neat to have a character switching option in the middle of a match...

Imagine... Being able to switch in between two characters in the middle of a match. They would share stock and % and all of that, but now that I think about it, it'd open up a brand new style of tournament in addition to the 2 vs. 2 and the classic 1 vs. 1 tournaments...

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Calling on something to help you? Sounds too abusable. I think using Nintendogs is good enough, what with the view-blocking.

Sensai

Smash Master
you already can with the Space Aminals! (<,>,<,>... while on corneria/venom)
It's just a secret taunt...doesn't really do anything.

And I'm not too fond of the idea, but good thinking all the same. We don't need to discourage thinking on these boards, so pay no mind to these people who say you should die or what-not.

GJ. Just think up better ideas from now on. :-D

Stryks

Smash Hero
I hate this idea, it wouldnt work, lets say im fighting, me n my friend are from one move from winning he gets close, then still from a distance i kill my aprentice and he dies... is just lame... I say no...

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
Not everyone has someone to call on, what about Ganondorf, Metaknight, Samus, Pit etc. who don't have partners or friends to help them out. Plus people would probably spam it anyway...
I like the ideal, im sure they can dig somone up to help from the game series friend or foe they can allways find someone. Besides if they would take spam into consideration and make it once per set.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
I know this is my thread but i dont c how it would ruin the game????(explain)

like Oblivion said they would just need to make it like 1 per set or game, or make it like a super smash, or even like the MvsC and have a certain amount u can use like 3 or 4.

if u got hit during this u will take lots of dmg, or u get stunned( like shield stun)

I know ppl who spam missiles with samus against some1 with no proj. to spam back so this could actually help the game against spammers, it definetly wont hurt the game at all just a new feature to be added in the game!!!

it could even be an item like a pokeball except its always the same character that comes out, and this would make it possible to turn it on/off

and for the ppl who have no1 to call out then it can be some 1 from the series, EVERY GAME has more than 1 character enemy or not, name some1 who is in SSBB that doesnt have some1 or something to call on?!?!?

there can also be an alternative way to use it, like to heal, or to atk , or to stall,

every different direction could do something different.

Or it can be something totally different
like if I'm playing agaisnt a link, i can call on ganon,
or
if im playing against ganon, i can call link for help(get it?)

I JUST DONT SEE HOW IT WOULD RUIN THE GAME !

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
The problem with this is it changes the styles of many of the players. Some characters are ranged with distance attacks, some are melee characters with only a sword and can't attack far. It adds variety and different fighting styles to take into account.

"The Apprentice" would create distance attacks for everyone (if i understand your point correct). It changes the feel of the game.

HOWEVER, one thing that this makes me think of is dual matches. It could only be supported on certain locations, but ultimately you can chose two characters before going into a match. There would be "switch beacons" placed around the arena (which is why it would only work in certain locations). Standing on a switch beacon would cause for you to switch between the two characters you picked. Say you pick Link and Pikachu. You start the game off as your primary character, say link. When you stand on the beacon, you switch to pikachu.

This would add an interesting twist to the game. It would, i htink, be a special melee match, not a main game, but it would be interesting. You could create some strategies around it, such as picking a fast character and a powerful character to switch between; having the fast character rack up damage and the powerful finishing them off.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
like i said above

it can be turned on and off, but it can also be used in different ways like healing, stalling , or atking, every 1 could have something different

like give healing to char. w/ projectiles, and the ones w/o projectiles could have the atking 1, w/e

there is plenty of ways for this to be used and abused but there can also be draw backs,
such as being stunned when ur using the atking 1, or while healing if ur apprentice gets hit it dies and no more, or it can hurt u more than usual

this is just to expand the strategy of the game, like when someone is recovering u can heal urself or anything could happen,

BUT IT DEFINETLY Wont hurt the game

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
The problem with this is it changes the styles of many of the players. Some characters are ranged with distance attacks, some are melee characters with only a sword and can't attack far. It adds variety and different fighting styles to take into account.

"The Apprentice" would create distance attacks for everyone (if i understand your point correct). It changes the feel of the game.

HOWEVER, one thing that this makes me think of is dual matches. It could only be supported on certain locations, but ultimately you can chose two characters before going into a match. There would be "switch beacons" placed around the arena (which is why it would only work in certain locations). Standing on a switch beacon would cause for you to switch between the two characters you picked. Say you pick Link and Pikachu. You start the game off as your primary character, say link. When you stand on the beacon, you switch to pikachu.

This would add an interesting twist to the game. It would, i htink, be a special melee match, not a main game, but it would be interesting. You could create some strategies around it, such as picking a fast character and a powerful character to switch between; having the fast character rack up damage and the powerful finishing them off.

Intresting point and very well said.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Hmm i dont think they have to assist you. What could happen though. Is you and your teammate do Taunt together. Like stand back to back or somethin. Probably some silly or cool poses.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
LOL worst idea ever.
Look at marvel vs capcom tourney vids.
It's all about spamming strikers and launching projectiles.

You saying you want that in brawl?

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
LOL worst idea ever.
Look at marvel vs capcom tourney vids.
It's all about spamming strikers and launching projectiles.

You saying you want that in brawl?
The only people who would object to it would be people... who are 1: unable to preform this themself... or 2 unable to stop it. And just so you know Marvel Vs Capcom outsold SSBM. People must like it eh ?

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie
It's sounding a little like Super Smash Brothers: Double Dash...

I think there's a reason they removed the player duality in the Mario Kart series, that being that it's intrinsically flawed; it slows pace and removes some skill by allowing for the battle to swing very quickly (look at how they turn items off in tournaments).

Additionally, it's not in the player's control. I'm a great believer in leaving nothing to luck within a contest, and basing the whole thing on skill, finesse and knowledge.

There's also more room for exploits when you implement it. More entities and variables in a given situation is going to lead to flaws being found.

First post, by the way.

Top Bottom