• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Move Sets? Kirby

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Everything was great, definitely. It should just be SSB64, minus overpowered moves, keep the good grab [but weaker overall], maybe more powers/ways to get them [ninja kirby=ownage! :)], etc. Just take away all the cheap crap from SSB64, add maybe a tad more lag, and make his running A still have the burn effect [but be his SSB64 running A]. And make that hammer worth something, instead of crap. Seriously, I'd love to change back to using Kirby again in Brawl. :)

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
I beleieve a relation suck power would just make sense anyway. Why should kirby have to look like that ugly mug Bowser when the ability looks just like the fire ability. Kid icarus's ability is almost like Angel ability. Fox's ability reminds me of laser and while characters like marth and Roy's ability has little in common with the sword ability, it's still a sword none the less right?

The question with another kirby is that what would that Kirby look like? Would he be given a different color code for forms? what he just have a different design? These are questions to ask but when it all comes down to it I want representation for the wheel and missile ability.
When Kirby wears Ness's hat, he looks like Wheel Kirby. I noticed that from Kirby Air Ride. Also, he can already roll around from swallowing Jigglypuff.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
kirbykid you are sooooooo cool:)
i mean kirby is a light weight and you win
i saw your and C.FALCON's fight i loved your last move
you are so smart!

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
awsome vids. i wish i was that good... :ohwell: i love the kirby series so i would like to see most of your suggestions come true. i'm curious to how items/people would collide if u ejected multiples at once, or could u possibly single eject them?

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
When Kirby wears Ness's hat, he looks like Wheel Kirby. I noticed that from Kirby Air Ride. Also, he can already roll around from swallowing Jigglypuff.
There are some good youtube videos of where the smash characters got their moves from (like which original games). I'll see if I can find them. HERE's KIRBY's!

kirbykid you are sooooooo cool:)
i mean kirby is a light weight and you win
i saw your and C.FALCON's fight i loved your last move
you are so smart!
awsome vids. i wish i was that good... :ohwell: i love the kirby series so i would like to see most of your suggestions come true. i'm curious to how items/people would collide if u ejected multiples at once, or could u possibly single eject them?
"Thanks much" ~Nook

san-romanov

Smash Cadet
This post is a little long but is worth to read, I think melee kirby was so weak and other characters were too strong. SSB and SSBM had a lot of mistakes, SSB in graphics and SSBM in fight and powers.

I expect kirby get a whole new movest, at least an improved one. I hope for an update of kirby movesets ¡¡:)

greenblob

Smash Lord
Up B: I agree with everything except the no loss of jumps.

Side B: Yes, why couldn't they just make it similar to Marth/Link/IC/Roy's smash attacks?

Down B: This move needs a lot of fixing. I don't know how you can really fix this move, but it just doesn't work, even in Smash 64. It's slow, easy to avoid, easy to punish, and even if it does connect, it means only 18 damage (whereas many other moves could result in a death combo). Either make the move spammable, useful for edgeguarding, useful for combos, or part of a recovery.
And I don't agree with the different effects thing. I'd rather limit the randomness.

Neutral B: Agree.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Up B: I agree with everything except the no loss of jumps.

Side B: Yes, why couldn't they just make it similar to Marth/Link/IC/Roy's smash attacks?

Down B: This move needs a lot of fixing. I don't know how you can really fix this move, but it just doesn't work, even in Smash 64. It's slow, easy to avoid, easy to punish, and even if it does connect, it means only 18 damage (whereas many other moves could result in a death combo). Either make the move spammable, useful for edgeguarding, useful for combos, or part of a recovery.
And I don't agree with the different effects thing. I'd rather limit the randomness.

Neutral B: Agree.
I know what you mean by limited the randomness. But with all the transformations, they all do the same thing initially: Fall and smash people.

Maybe if you smashed down B versus tilt versus hold B down, you could get the different forms with their different abilities. That would take out the random and add to Kirby's coolness.

You like it when Kirby looses all of his jumps? It wouldnt' be as bad if the up+B were better.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
My number one peeve about Melee Kirby is that his uB doesn't slide him like it used to. When you can't slide it takes away a lot of originality from the move and makes it as useful as Luigi's uB.

And I have a suggestion for the Kirby combo abilities (sucking in two enemies at once and combining their powers). I think every character should have their own power taken if sucked up alone (duh), but every character should have a "hidden" trait that only comes out when being copied along with someone else. I thought of this while watching the snippet from Kirby 64. I saw that it didn't look like Kirby had two "abilities", but it seemed more like he had two "icons".

I feel every character should have that hidden "icon". I think that some characters should have the 'sword' trait (Link, Ike, Meta, etc.), and some should have the 'fire' trait (CFalcon, Bowser, Charizard, etc.), and some should have the 'electricity' trait (Pikachu... etc.) , and so on and so forth until every character is corresponded to an ability in the Kirby series. Sure, there would be some characters that you really couldn't find a tie to the Kirby series, so they would need to have their own traits invented, but that's only a small portion of characters (I think).

If you want, for fun I could map these abilities out (or someone who really knows the Kirby series better than I do could do it for me). And then we would have such an easier time thinking of the combo abilities.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Kirby should lose his jumps because that's what happens to everyone else when they get hit out of their up Bs.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
That's not true

Oh and for Dyce:

Mario,luigi, bowser, Captain F., Charizard, = fire

Pikachu, Ness= Spark

Falco, Fox= laser

iceclimbers= ice

Marth, Ike=sword

pit,Link, = Cupid

Dk, Snake, Ganondorf, Diddy?=fighter

Jigglypuff=Mike, wheel

Squirtle= Bubble

Mewtwo, Samus= Fighter? (the charge shotpart)

Yoshi=Wheel

Game & watch= ?

Zelda, Peach=Mirror

How is that?

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kirby should lose his jumps because that's what happens to everyone else when they get hit out of their up Bs.
Sure sure. Its more obvious with Kirby cause his upB sucks, and his horizontal air speed sucks, and his speed sucks, and well... you know

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Hopefully that won't be the case in Brawl. My head is held up in high hopes for Kirby because of one screenshot, and one screenshot alone:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sweet spot much?​

Oh, and on an unrelated note:

^^^^^^^^^^^
Best screenshot EVER! (And it just so happens to be my desktop) ;)

thegimpsta

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyway suggested this, but I also think Kirby should take on more of the attributes of the characters he sucked up, kind of like his games. The good and the bad attributes. For example, sucking up Boswer, he can become more powerful but move slower also. I dunno, just always didnt make sense to me.

thegimpsta

Smash Rookie
Hey guy, dont take that tone with me ok, I read the post. I'm sorry if I didn't absorb every tiny bit of information like apparently you did. If you read my post AT ALL you would see I wasn't trying to pick a fight so calm down OK. God....

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
From n00b to n00b gimp, don't overreact to ol'boy's post. He was just pointing out something rather obvious in the OP.

Also, I like the ideas that kirbykid came up with, and would like to see some love for Kirby's original powers. Maybe Neutral B makes for a generic Kirby power while Down-B grants a chosen character power.

thegimpsta

Smash Rookie
Yea thanks, I guess I did overreact there, just some things set me off.

And yea, for the most part I agreed with the original post because Kirby deserves some love.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I would love kirby to be higher on the tier list.

I play with my 4 brothers all the time (arn't I lucky?) and of course, 1 of us is this best and unfotunately its my 2nd oldest brother. Anyways, I tried soo many characters to beat his **** falco, young link, samus, shiek, fox, ness ( my main ) and I just COULDNT beat him!! He'd been the reigning champion for months!

Anyway, i decided to use Kirby 'cause I was bored and... I beat him!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Btw, we're not the Shieldgrabbing, wavedashing, l-canceling, shorthopping, shorthop blasting ( im so glad he doesnt know that ) type.

So yeah.. 'cause I beat him with Kirby I'd love Kirby to get enhanced ^_^

Anyways, good job Kirbykid.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Final Cutter: should be way better c'mon 'Final Cutter'. Agree with additional hitbox for sword and better sweeping effect.

Hammer: isn't so useful should be improved or changed or tennis racket. (<-- Hehe just wishful thinking. Yes i will be putting tennis related stuff in my posts >.< sorry in advance, its what i do)

Stone: more killing power! yeah! whenever I use the rock I pray to God that I will not be ko'ed when i get out. It has not been very practical.

Swallow/Power: I disagree w/ items, AT, multi sucking. I think his Melee swallow attack was fine. 1 attack copy should be fine. Just hope the attacks I copy will be better. Imagine if he sucked in sonic and he got Sonic's homing spinning attack. With that Kirby would be able to chain in lots and lots of combos.

In the end, only Kirby wins! For every new character, Kirby's power and potential grows!

Top Bottom