• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Monthlies @ Gamecrazy Stores

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
New Money Contest!

Hey guys... TourneyPLAY has a new idea for a monthly SMASH Money contest. Take a look at the details and let us know what you think? Any ideas to make it better? Would you be interested? Etc...

Here's the deal...

• Players become TourneyPLAY subscribers.
  • Cost is $10 per month.
  • All the money goes into their "Game Pool"
  • TourneyPLAY will announce a featured Tournament that month.
  • The featured Tournament may include a GameClucks or SeattleSmash event, but will usually be a TourneyPLAY sponsored event.
  • If you are a subscriber and win 1st place in the featured tournament, you will win 90% of the Game pool or $180.00 if we had 20 subscribers.
  • 25 subscribers, and you would win an additional $225 on top of the actual tournament prize.
  • If no subscriber wins the tournament, 50% of the game pool is carried over to the next month .
  • If you win that next month with the same 25 subscribers, you would win $326.25 in addition to the actual tournament prize. That's not a bad day's work.

Of course we would constantly update the "Game Pool" on our website as subscribers pay in. This way, you always know what you're going to be playing for that month.

So what's in it for TourneyPLAY?
We're trying to build a business. But we know the best way to do that is to make it worth it to the players. So we only take 10% to help pay for the adminstrative cost of organizing each month. And we move 50% of prize pools that aren't won into the business to make our events even more spectacular.

Some options...
  • Break down the prize pool for 1st & 2nd place finishers.
  • Divide "Game Pool" in two and feature two tournaments if there's enough subscribers.
  • Anything else?

So what do you think? Is this a BOGUS idea, or would you like the chance to win more cash for playing a game you love? Tell us your thoughts. If it's BOGUS, we'll bag the whole idea and start a new brainstorming session. :ohwell:

I want money.
tourney play should sponsor GC, and have all those guys go there so we don't have to go around as much, and get a giant tourney each month. Unless Nate wants to drive to some of these...

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
I want money.
tourney play should sponsor GC, and have all those guys go there so we don't have to go around as much, and get a giant tourney each month. Unless Nate wants to drive to some of these...
The GC guy and I are talking about something like that. We are both interested in creating the ultimate NW SMASH operation for you. We'll keep you posted.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
You guys should sponsor both GC and Seattlesmash. The three of you guys should start planning on monthlies (like you are with the GC guy) so that literally all of western WA will be able to participate in big 40+ person events. The big problem is that everyone lives kind of far away from eachother, but lives close enough to go to one event. During your planning, seriously pick (or even poll) a city that accomdates the majority of western WA.

GC is big no doubt, and thats up north in lynnwood. Seattlesmash and your Tourneyplay are smaller organiztions compared to GC, and mostly live in the south. I would say that either Seattle/Kirkland would be a reasonable place to hold events. This way, pretty much anyone, could get there in about an hour drive, its all about finding a mid point with north/south. I know the GC people dont want to drive around too far, well, neither do us south players. The thing is, the north GC guys are more skilled, but I'd say theres MORE less-skilled players down south.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
:evil:

I'm coming...

I'll finally get to play ya, Touk. **** shame since you're the only 'worth playing' smasher out here :chuckle:

Sorry if I harass you too much to play.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
Dan won. I need ten characters, so I will have to write more. Gimpy, I tried to flamecancel today at the tourney but was unable to do so.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
there could be several problems.

one possible problem is that you (like most smashers) dont actually know what flame canceling is.
another possible problem is that you weren't playing on version 1.0, which is the only version in which flame cancel is possible.
and the least likely posibility is that you are SO horrendously bad at the game that you were unable to press the b button before landing from a jump.

i hope this has helped.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Hey Tourneyplay guy, wont be able to come to tommorow's port orchard event, so you dont have to pick me up or anything. Im pretty sure this has been the only weekend where I havent been to an event lol - its like my mind is set on a weekly smash schedule haha and my fingers were ready to play today.

Ill inform you in the future about the one in Pasco and if you're going over there or not (we could meet and go on train possibly? dunno for now, the idea just shot in my head just now)

Congrats on Jumpfreak getting first and Touk for second, I want to play you guys at the next gameclucks.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
My first '1st' place...ever. (Riddled with more 2 - 4th's than I dare shake a stick at <_<)

*does a little dance*

EDIT: Touk, best be winning tomorrow >=[

artifice

Smash Ace
I hope Hermistan is still a go. planning on droping by on my way to PAX awesomeness

What time have these things beeen geting done?

Why are all these tourneys 45 mintues away from me and nate? and why are they "monthlies" if theres 8 of them per month? they seem like tri-dailys lolz

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Why are all these tourneys 45 mintues away from me and nate? and why are they "monthlies" if theres 8 of them per month? they seem like tri-dailys lolz
TourneyPlay guy said they've only partnered with only one gamecrazy district, and all of those gamecrazy stores are really not that close to a lot of players unfortunettly. Hes tried to partner with other districts, but they arent that interested in the whole competetive/tournament/money idea - so hes trying to make these events as big as possible to convince other gamecrazy districts to partner with Tourneyplay.

Actually i think he has another district on board....but thats around yakima...which is like 3 hours from the main seattle -ish area. I hear some Eastern WA guys are interested in going to those.

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
Hey all. The tourneys have been going fairly well. Not as many players as we would like, but we can't expect everyone to go to every event. Plus... as it's been said, they're kind of far for most of the players. Each event has been getting finished around 6:00PM at the latest. That was with 16 players, best of 3, double elimination on 2 systems.

Just to clarify, I've got a deal with 1 Game Crazy district so far. That district includes:
Poulsbo, Port Orchard, Bremerton, Shelton, Lakewood, Lacey, Olympia, Centralia, Hermiston, Pasco, Union Gap and Yakima. I know it's, a wierd district. I'm working on the Seattle area district where there's about another 12 stores. I'm sure the locations would be better for 90% of you. We'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, pick a couple of our events closest to you and come try to win the cash. (=

Thanks for all the interest.

Oh... and I was finally able to cut up the last few videos of Touk vs. Jumpfreak. I'll post those soon for all to enjoy. That was a fantastic match!!!

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
I realize no one can make all of our TourneyPLAY events each weekend, but if you're interested, TourneyPLAY will be in 3 Game Crazy stores this weekend and all of them will be hosting a SSBM tournament.

All 3 stores will have free play and free mini tournaments from Noon to 3PM. Registration for the cash tourney ends at 3PM and the cash tourney will begin shortly after.

If you can make it, the schedule for this weekend is as follows...

Friday - Game Crazy in Poulsbo, WA
Saturday - Game Crazy in Lakewook, WA
Sunday - Game Crazy in Shelton, WA

See our website for more details... http://www.TourneyPLAY.net

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
I realize no one can make all of our TourneyPLAY events each weekend, but if you're interested, TourneyPLAY will be in 4 Game Crazy stores this weekend and all of them will be hosting a SSBM tournament.

All 4 stores will have free play and free mini tournaments from Noon to 3PM. Registration for the cash tourney ends at 3PM and the cash tourney will begin shortly after.

If you can make it, the schedule for this weekend is as follows...

Thursday - Game Crazy in Hermiston, OR (3PM - 6PM Freeplay & 6PM - 9PM Tourney)
Friday - Game Crazy in Union Gap, WA
Saturday - Game Crazy in Pasco, WA
Sunday - Game Crazy in Yakima, WA

See our website for more details... http://www.TourneyPLAY.net

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
oh god ****it.

that puts me in portland by 12:30am....son of a *****
So sorry ARTIFICE. The store manager thought more players would be able to attend if he pushed the start time out a few hours. I hope you still make it, but I would understand if you wanted to hit the road a bit earlier.

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
September & October schedule is posted. View the first post updated or view our website at <a href="http://www.tourneyplay.net">TourneyPLAY.net</a> We're giving away hundreds of $$$ in prizes every month.

Top Bottom