• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Monthlies @ Gamecrazy Stores

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
TourneyPLAY has recently partnered with a DM of Gamecrazy and will now be hosting monthly tournaments in-store. TourneyPLAY was in the Lakewood Gamecrazy last Saturday and some of the best players in the state showed up.

Upcoming SMASH Tourneys:
  • August 4th – Bremerton, WA (TBD)
  • August 5th – Port Orchard, WA (TBD)
  • August 11th – Lacey, WA
  • August 12th – W. Olympia, WA
  • August 18th – Lakewood, WA
  • August 19th – Shelton, WA (40-50 players showed up for their last SMASH Tourney)
  • August 25th – Pasco, WA
  • August 26th – Yakima, WA

Prizes: 1st place - 50% of cash entries up to $100

I don't want to be guilty of Advertising Spam, but you can find more information and the tournament details on TourneyPLAY's website at TourneyPLAY.net.

If you have any other questions, just PM me.

Kevin
TourneyPLAY.net

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
Cool. For the serious players, I don't expect you would go to all of these events... so if we could discuss which stores the majority of you can play at, then we can plan for it and prep the store for a great SMASH turnout. The store manager in Shelton told me that their last SMASH event brought in close to 50 players. I wasn't there, but that would be cool.

Also... I'm not interested in competing with GC but I can't find any info on their tourney calendar. When they have their monthly, I'd like to schedule TourneyPLAY to be in a more distant store so we aren't competing for players. Any ideas?

Jem.

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm one of the serious players. Ranked 9th in Washington. My brother, Jamo and I, were at the Auburn Library tournament today. Not sure if you were, but anyways. We live up in Marysville, 30 minutes north of Seattle, so anything more south than Auburn might be hard for us to make. Lakewood would be a possiblity.

I'm not sure if you want to have one August 11th, because Gameclucks was planning to have it the same day.

Jem.

Smash Master
Is one being held this weekend?
On the site, if you click Events, it says in Puyallup.
Jamo, Emo$, and myself were gonna go to this. Tell me its officla >.<

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
I've got a message into their DM, but he hasn't contacted me back. They were talking about backing out. I'll touch base with the store manager again tomorrow and post the final outcome on the site and here. Perhaps if there's enough interest in another tourney this weekend, I'll set it up at another Gamecrazy location. Do you think we can get enough players together for this weekend if I moved it somewhere else?

Jem.

Smash Master
Probably.
As long as it isnt too far south, Jamo, Emo$, and I will most likely come for sure. Ppa0 probably too.
The Auburn area might be better, since most the smashers in WA live South of Seattle or just around. But I really just want to go to a tournament this weekend.

Tell him 3 skilled smashers want them to have it >.<

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
as long as we can get some word out soon i think people will go. a good amount of people always seem to show up. and since saturday was already an idea online, i think people might have plans for one. lets just not make it in Vancouver, lol.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
"August 4th – Bremerton, WA (TBD)"

The one tourney to happen where I live and I have to go to a wedding.
Just, wow.

I will go to the Port Orchard one with a few friends of mine (if it's confirmed, probably 4 other people)

Tourney Rules?

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Having another tourney south of seattle, like the one in auburn, is really nice because theres a lot of 'no-namers' so to speak here down south that are willing to go to any kind of event since its summer. I know up north is where the more serious activity happens like gameclucks, but south wants love too lol.

On a sidenote, i think (its TBA) there might be a tourney in South Hill Mall this saturday the 21st at some EB Games store.

artifice

Smash Ace
sweet i can about gaurantee spokane crew will be going to pasco. and maybe yakima, but ill be at pax with my crew.

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
SMASH Tourney This Weekend!!!

On a sidenote, i think (its TBA) there might be a tourney in South Hill Mall this saturday the 21st at some EB Games store.
The DM of EBGames in South Hill Mall talked about cancelling it and he hasn't got back to me. I'm going to check in with the Manager again today and I'll let everyone know what's up. There WILL be a tourney this weekend but I might have to move it to Gamecrazy in Lakewood. They have the most room and I'll dedicate it all to you SMASHERS. We can have a ton of free play (6 stations), but they would be on small LCD's. And then for the tournament we'll have three or four old school screens (no lag) to keep the tourney moving quickly. If a couple of you want to bring a couple more tv's and cubes, we can setup a Gamecrazy tent outside as well for more stations. We put walls up on the tent last event to keep the glare off. It worked.

Best of Three
Double Elimination
Same typical rules you played in the Auburn Smashfest/Tourney

3-10 players: 1st place - 50%

11-20 players: 1st place - 50% 2nd place - Entry Fee Returned

*Winner will also earn a TourneyPLAY/Gamecrazy Winner's Certificate and one will also be posted in the store for all to see your name as Champion. Cash prize is based on cash entries and TourneyPLAY credits are NOT included in the calculation.

Jem.

Smash Master
Can losers bracket please be best 2 out of 3?
I would think Gamecrazy wouldn't mind us being there?
:]

Jamo, Emo$, and myself will show up for sure. Just let me know when Gamecrazy confirms we can go there.

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
It's officially ON at Lakewood Gamecrazy.

Can losers bracket please be best 2 out of 3?
I would think Gamecrazy wouldn't mind us being there?
:]

Jamo, Emo$, and myself will show up for sure. Just let me know when Gamecrazy confirms we can go there.
It's OFFICIAL!!! And yes... all brackets will be Best of Three.

Start spamming your SMASH buddies!!! :D

It's officially ON at Gamecrazy in Lakewood again. I still have not heard from EBGames DM, so we're moving the tourney. I've already go the OK from Gamecrazy so it's on. We're transforming the store to accomodate ALL SMASHERS!!! We may need a couple more old school tv's if anyone wants to volunteer them.

So get on the ball and make everyone come!!! Thanks Jem for being pro-active in making this happen.

Here's the real deal on the time.

Noon - 2:00PM will be Free Play & Registration
2:00 - ??? will be the tournament.
Free Play will continue on atleast 3 or 4 other stations while the tournament is going on.

Best of Three (All Brackets)
Double Elimination
Same typical rules you played in the Auburn Smashfest/Tourney

1 VS. 1
4 stock
8:00 minutes
No Items
All characters are available
Character switching is allowed
Players should bring their own controllers
No glitches, exploits or stall tactics (i.e., Ice Climber's freeze glitch, etc.)
Random stage. Included stages are:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium

3-10 players: 1st place - 50%
11-20 players: 1st place - 50% 2nd place - Entry Fee Returned

Entry FEE: $10 or 1,000 TourneyPLAY Credits.

*Winner will also earn a TourneyPLAY/Gamecrazy Winner's Certificate and one will also be posted in the store for all to see your name as Champion. Cash prize is based on cash entries and TourneyPLAY credits are NOT included in the calculation.

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
Where the hell is lakewood?
Just south of Tacoma.

Address:
9522 Bridgeport Way Southwest, Lakewood, WA 98499

Phone Number:
(253) 581-5794

BTW: TourneyPLAY will be setting up SMASH Tourney in the Gamecrazy in Bremerton on August 4th. You should play.

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
Added two tournament events

Regarding Game Crazy monthlies. We have now added two additional stores...

Thursday, August 23rd - Game Crazy in Hermiston, OR
Friday, August 24th - Game Crazy in Union Gap, WA

And don't forget:
Saturday, August 25th - Game Crazy in Pasco, WA
Sunday, August 26th - Game Crazy in Yakima, WA

I realize this is the same weekend as PAX, but hopefully some of you not travelling to Seattle can pick up one of our Game Crazy events.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
turns out I will be going to the bremerton tourney AS WELL as the port orchard tourney. Although I highly doubt the bremerton one will be very big/fun, someone else should go... Dan?

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
We appreciate the participation and we're trying to make this a fantastic monthly event for every Game Crazy store. We realize most won't be able to attend all of them and there will be conflicts with the Gameclucks and SeattleSmash events (Which we completely support) so pick the dates you want to compete and we'll see you there!!! The store managers are giving away freebie stuff at EVERY event!!! :chuckle:

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
I think I am bringing 4-5 other people this saturday as well.
COOL. The more the better!!! And the bigger the prize. :laugh:

Free play starts at Noon and we will also be having freebie contests for some cool prizes. So come early.

Have you registered online yet at TourneyPLAY.net? If not, you should... even if you can't pay online. Just register as a player. THANKS!!!!

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
We try to use the same rule set as GameClucks and SeattleSmash. I personally don't know the game well enough to make any changes so I pretty much leave it in the hands of the players during the event. (=

Touk

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to ensure/enforce tourney rules? I don't want to go to a tourney and like 3/4 of the noobs there want to play free for all with items.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Is it possible to ensure/enforce tourney rules? I don't want to go to a tourney and like 3/4 of the noobs there want to play free for all with items.
Wouldnt worry, TourneyPlay guy knows that ffa and items are no-no's. It will be 1v1 4 stock, the usual stuff, the more specific things like counterpicking hes not to sure about, and like he said, just leaves that kind of stuff up to the players.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
Wouldnt worry, TourneyPlay guy knows that ffa and items are no-no's. It will be 1v1 4 stock, the usual stuff, the more specific things like counterpicking hes not to sure about, and like he said, just leaves that kind of stuff up to the players.
Are you going to go to the tournament? I would like some competition.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
The only TourneyPlay event that i could go to is in lakewood on the 18th - but im going to be camping. All the other locations are just too far and not worth the drive.

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
That's what I thought until Ammon showed up a few weekends ago.
Then I didn't want competition. >_>
That's too funny jem. :laugh:

The only TourneyPlay event that i could go to is in lakewood on the 18th - but im going to be camping. All the other locations are just too far and not worth the drive.
Hey PRIME... where do you live? Maybe you could ride up with me? I'm in Puyallup and I don't mind taking you with me if you want to go. Let me know.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I live in maple valley, which is i think a 30 min drive or so from puyallup. Looking at your calendar, for this weekend, im not sure what im doing sunday (the port orchard one) - ill let you know if i can go to that if you're willing to pick me up. The weekend after that, 11th is gameclucks and 12th is a seattlesmash event. Weekend after, im gonna be camping 17th-19th. Weekend after, the 25th theres one in Pasco...im on the way if you can pick me up...but its a 3 hour drive >_<.

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
I'll take you on Sunday if you want to go. Any chance you can meet me near 167?

It would be a cool road trip to go to Pasco, but I'll be there Thursday through Sunday for tournaments each day...
Hermiston
Union Gap
Pasco
Yakima

Maybe you can get some of the regulars to carpool with you. I know some of the Spokane crew plans on competing in one or two of those tourneys.

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
Where are you going to be Jem? Why don't you hop the ferry. This is the closest TourneyPLAY event to you. Well, Poulsbo might be closer on the 17th.

Top Bottom