• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Miami Matches! Syk0(Fox) vs ADHD/ONI/BIRD

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Finally I can put these up, school's been really time consuming lately. Anyways, Enjoy and critique!

Syk0(Fox) vs ADHD(Falco)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys1AGLqTBrQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv53irAr-BU

Syko(Samus) vs ADHD(Falco)-I hate your Samus for this :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3sa8dEvkTY

Syko(Fox) vs ADHD(Mewtwo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3bwu0dNCAU

Syk0(Fox) vs ONI(Link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ce3JnT820

Syk0(Fox) vs BIRD(Luigi)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOt_IM1g1Fg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9NAOFHjkPQ

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
****, our fox vs falco matches are pretty enertaining. you guys definetly did me up this time. hey, are you up loading the others, like the mew2 versus my fox or my roy versus...well i dont remember who i played against with my roy, but please atleast upload all my samus fights, especially the one when i faught captain falcon. good ****, and hurry up and finish uploading please.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
thanx love. i just saw the luigi fight. i forgot i even had those matches. what else did you record?

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
Hey, not to hijack this thread all too much here, but I am working on finding folks to play with down in Mia (back from college now). So, if yall are looking for another person to play with, pm me, or atleast pop into the florida thread where I am working on some discussion on this:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70386&page=44

Looking forward to playing yall sometime =).

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
Hey, not to hijack this thread all too much here, but I am working on finding folks to play with down in Mia (back from college now). So, if yall are looking for another person to play with, pm me, or atleast pop into the florida thread where I am working on some discussion on this:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70386&page=44

Looking forward to playing yall sometime =).
for sure man. im down with that, but where in miami do you live? and who do you play with by the way?

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
If you know the falls area- that is where I live. Otherwise, its pretty much Kendall.

The thing is, I dont play with anyone. I have had smash in one form or another for years, but never played competitively until this year at college when one of my buddies introduced me. That is all up in Atlanta, so I do not know anybody that plays seriously down here.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
oh, for real? well do you atleast know how to wave dash L-cancle and what not? and yeah i know where the falls is, and thats pretty close, so im sure we can work somn out.

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
If you know the falls area- that is where I live. Otherwise, its pretty much Kendall.

The thing is, I dont play with anyone. I have had smash in one form or another for years, but never played competitively until this year at college when one of my buddies introduced me. That is all up in Atlanta, so I do not know anybody that plays seriously down here.
yo dude, yeah the falls is like 5 minutes away from us, let us know when you can smash, and we ll pass by.

Yo Lamp, were going to try to make, weve been disconnected in the smash community , you know work school and gf's. But that day iam almost sure ill go.

Syk0 you down with that son?

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
yo dude, yeah the falls is like 5 minutes away from us, let us know when you can smash, and we ll pass by.

Yo Lamp, were going to try to make, weve been disconnected in the smash community , you know work school and gf's. But that day iam almost sure ill go.

Syk0 you down with that son?

fore sure *****. you know im always ready for a good fade.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
oh, for real? well do you atleast know how to wave dash L-cancle and what not? and yeah i know where the falls is, and thats pretty close, so im sure we can work somn out.

Umm, I know the techniques, but I do not incorporate them nearly enough into my style yet.

My schedule is fairly open - I am going to start work soon from 8:30 to 5:00 pm, and will probably join a fencing club that will meet 2x a week from 6 to 8 or so. Otherwise, I am free.

I think I will throw my phone number into my profile as well, and we can work something out from there. I have a cube/smash/etc at my place, but as I mentioned somewhere, my brother wiped it, so it is missing a couple characters and like half of the random stages. But other than that, I should be able to host a couple people from time to time.

When yall have something going on down here, just give me a call, ill see what I can do about getting to it.

Edit: Oh, no option for that. Well if you want to exchange numbers, send me an IM or a PM and ill get back to ya.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
oh, well i dont know. i didnt even know about till, lambchops mentioned it. im not gonna get my hopes up though, cuz you know...

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Hey yall, I don't mean to hijack this thread either but I just wanted to post something quick. People (including some fine players) play every single day at Florida International University's University Park campus. Smash as well as other games usually are played on Gracie's Grill's (located in the Graham center) big flat screen TV, or in the Graham Center's 2nd floor small lounge area. There is a game room right next to Gracie's Grill as well. Also, you may find a lot less players over there since it is the summer semester.

ancientevil11

Smash Apprentice
great matches guys. we gotta smash again...this time you gotta show up sheikfreak. you missed out alot that day.

i'll be starting college in June at FIU Ruuku. i'd like to get involved with the gaming tournaments over there. we'll check it out one of these days.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
great matches guys. we gotta smash again...this time you gotta show up sheikfreak. you missed out alot that day.

i'll be starting college in June at FIU Ruuku. i'd like to get involved with the gaming tournaments over there. we'll check it out one of these days.
Well, I probably will be back in Miami in June, so I'll show you around then.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
Well, I probably will be back in Miami in June, so I'll show you around then.
yo dude if you could really do that, i would appreciate it. ive been dieing to play new people, let alone join a new tourney. good looking out man. cant wait.

by the way ruuku, is that french at the bottom, and does it say " life is nothing but nothing is life"? or does it say "bad is nothing but nothing is bad?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
yo dude if you could really do that, i would appreciate it. ive been dieing to play new people, let alone join a new tourney. good looking out man. cant wait.

by the way ruuku, is that french at the bottom, and does it say " life is nothing but nothing is life"? or does it say "bad is nothing but nothing is bad?
Yeah, I will be checking things out at a few tournaments in South Florida because I really want to see what the gaming since is really like. I'm trying to start a larger gaming community just like the one I was in back when I lived in Europe, New Jersey, then New York. So I hope that I'll get this part of the state's support on this. :)

And yes, it is French in my signature. It says "life is worth nothing but nothing is worth as much as life". If I remember well, it's from one of French rapper, Stomy Bugsy's song; "La vie c'est come ca".

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I will be checking things out at a few tournaments in South Florida because I really want to see what the gaming since is really like. I'm trying to start a larger gaming community just like the one I was in back when I lived in Europe, New Jersey, then New York. So I hope that I'll get this part of the state's support on this. :)

And yes, it is French in my signature. It says "life is worth nothing but nothing is worth as much as life". If I remember well, it's from one of French rapper, Stomy Bugsy's song; "La vie c'est come ca".
straight, i feel you on that, but its gonna take alot of promoting, and a good location to get people together here. location is gonna be extra tricky because, remember, we live in miami where parking isn't free, and the popular areas are very small. by the way who do you main? do you have any vids up?

oh and does that, at the bottom, say " this is life"? :confused:

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
So I want to play like today! whos down lol! halla at me anyone

Aim: r4wguy
msn: lord_of_lords85@hotmail.com

LOL

umm about FIU , is there usually people there? I dont want to go over and nobody be there O_O

As I've said before, you may not find anyone there at the moment since it is the summer break.
At the very least, I live nearby enough to FIU that if you need someone to play with, I am within reach. (I also happen to be rather bored this week :p) My info is in my profile.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
At the very least, I live nearby enough to FIU that if you need someone to play with, I am within reach. (I also happen to be rather bored this week :p) My info is in my profile.
who do you main?

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Sorry man, I'm not good enough to have my own videos ;).

If I was to rate my skill, I would still consider myself somewhere between beginner and intermediate. I know how to play, I have alright mindgames, know my character compared to the rest, that kinda thing. My tech skill, however, is definitely below average. I can perform most advanced techniques if I try, but it is not enough of a reflex which tends to hold me back somewhat. All in all, I would say I put up a good challenge regardless. (or I like to think)

Vudu

Smash Rookie
nice matches. i noticed that the falco always seemed to roll to the middle of the stage after getting hit. thats a bad habbit to get into...just helpful critique. oh yeah...for the falco...have you tried a double shine combo? you can get more hits and more damage at a faster rate than if you dont.

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
hey metroid i dont know if i mentioned it, we live from the falls like ... 5 minutes away, we could defenetly smash with no prob, how about today? got anything to do in the afternoon today? Ill add you and check to see. Got a cellie I could text?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
straight, i feel you on that, but its gonna take alot of promoting, and a good location to get people together here. location is gonna be extra tricky because, remember, we live in miami where parking isn't free, and the popular areas are very small. by the way who do you main? do you have any vids up?

oh and does that, at the bottom, say " this is life"? :confused:
Well, I do have some skills when it comes to promotions. Especially since marketing was my original intended major. Now, for the location, I have a bunch of ideas I'm currently working on. I'm also trying to start a competitive gaming club at FIU. I know for sure that we already have a number of fine players (not only for smash but for pretty much anything else) there and I can't wait for others to join.

As for videos, I do have some up but they are for other games. I can't say that I have been playing smash for a long time but I think I've been learning fairly fast since I have experience with a lot of fighting games. The other tricky part is the fact that I do not own a copy of the game. So makes it difficult to learn some things. But in the end, I don't really think that I have a main yet people say that my Samus does fine. I try to play everyone though.

Oh yeah and the title of the song means "this is life". Maybe something like "this the way life is" would be a closer translation.

That is great to know since I usually live on campus during fall and spring semester. Unfortunately I'm not in Miami at the moment. I should return in late June.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
The Falco wasn't bad.

But Syk0, I know double shining is fun. But if you have the opportunity to do a more effective move. Do it.

Cause sometimes I see your opponent open so you could kill them or knock them off the stage or something but you usually do something flashy like a double shine. I mean don't get me wrong, yeah its a friendly and the double shine is sexy :). But wouldn't it be nice to win more matches?

Your Fox still pwns.

ADHD, your Falco isn't bad. I think you should use more Nairs though. You seem to use the Dair 98% of the time.

Vudu

Smash Rookie
yeah...the ehdl is really cool. especially if you hit the opponent with that, and then finish it off with a combo. which my buddy did to me at least once when he was playing falco...

Vudu

Smash Rookie
Darn...the message i left above was for a diff post ... sorry

Top Bottom