• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Light! It was so wonderful to see footage of your Peach from Apex. I miss you and your old school Peach so much!! I'm sad I wasn't able to make it to Apex, but I will definitely be at Genesis 3 and hopefully EVO if we can catch back up to Skull Girls

:phone:

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, just donated! Come at me yall
http://i.imgur.com/qqgHlDZ.png?1

Edit: I'm only going to Evo if Melee is there, so I'm kicking it up a notch! Let's get it there (only donate if you want to obviously, but even if it's only 5 bucks, that's something!)

greenblattsam

Smash Cadet
I was trying to get monthlies started, but this month fell short due to Apex and all lol. But after the one on the 16th, I am hoping we can kick it up again.
Well I am on campus, so if you would want to start organizing monthlies I would be down to try and get it set up.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Oh my GOD, that donation drive last night got me hype. I'm definitely going to be at Evo people.

Also, Steven, I'm definitely going to be at the tournament in two weeks. I'm thinking about putting some flyers around campus, advertising the smash tournament. We need to start being noob friendly, I think, and maybe this community can grow! If we're going to evo this year, maybe we can get some people interested in the game.

What do you think man? Are other people going to be going to this?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Oh my GOD, that donation drive last night got me hype. I'm definitely going to be at Evo people.

Also, Steven, I'm definitely going to be at the tournament in two weeks. I'm thinking about putting some flyers around campus, advertising the smash tournament. We need to start being noob friendly, I think, and maybe this community can grow! If we're going to evo this year, maybe we can get some people interested in the game.

What do you think man? Are other people going to be going to this?
Awesome to hear man. I'll text you sometime this week and we can set up a day to go put flyers around.

All right guys, this is what I've seen as far as set-up confirmation for the 16th.

Full Set-Ups
Twins
Neil
Sam
Myself + Neil

CST (Consoles Seeking TVs)
Myself

TSC (TVs Seeking Consoles)
None so far - If you have an available CRT, you can pair it with my console and have your venue fee waived! Let's make magic together.

All right, we have our four set-ups! Thanks to everyone who's expressed interest and offered help. Hope to see a big turnout on the 16th, and remember, it's Valentine's Day weekend, so don't be afraid to bring your Melee-dy friend or special smash bro.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I really wish that I could make it to Evo. But time off of work won't happen :'(

And Ronald. The last tourney that I was running had 6 new faces for the melee scene. If any of them will return is a mystery, but they had a blast. So here's to hoping :D

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
And Ronald. The last tourney that I was running had 6 new faces for the melee scene. If any of them will return is a mystery, but they had a blast. So here's to hoping :D
Badass man. I think if we start offering more advice we can get people to really enjoy the game, because generally at tourneys the noobs get a little left out (I know some of you are really good about this, but I'm generally not, so maybe it's just something I need to work on?) If anyone has good ideas how to get more people interested, let me know on here or text me! It'd be cool if we got a bunch of NMers to go to Evo for melee, even if they're fairly new.

greenblattsam

Smash Cadet
Badass man. I think if we start offering more advice we can get people to really enjoy the game, because generally at tourneys the noobs get a little left out (I know some of you are really good about this, but I'm generally not, so maybe it's just something I need to work on?) If anyone has good ideas how to get more people interested, let me know on here or text me! It'd be cool if we got a bunch of NMers to go to Evo for melee, even if they're fairly new.
If you guys want to carpool and make a thing of it we can start thinking of the logistics at the tourney next Saturday.
Also a small sidenote. I think if we all go. I will carry around a giant NM flag.

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
I can't wait. I shall be at Evo for melee as well.
Hopefully the smash community can be heard once and for all.

n1000

Smash Journeyman
anyone got a tv to bring on saturday? I can probably bring a console.

I had fun yesterday...bit tired of winning though!

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Thanks to everyone who made it out to the tourney yesterday!

Results

01. Sliraobe God ABQ
02. Light ABQ
03. Alphabravo ABQ
04. Wraith ABQ
05. OHickey ABQ
05. GoldenGlove ABQ
07. Sonny ABQ
07. Tekkie ABQ
09. Green Blatt Sam ABQ
09. Ted Bundy ABQ
09. Cow ABQ
09. UCB Kyo Espanola
13. Notworksafe ABQ
13. Cityofnoobs ABQ

Challonge bracket: http://challonge.com/5v3ypg2i

I created the challonge user name "nmsmash" for this tourney. If anybody would like access to it for future Melee/Brawl/Project M tourneys (creating a neatly archived record of tournament results), pm me and I'll send you the password.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Wait. Why not ZMan?
Hey RPGFan, I love the enthusiasm. I truly understand the desire to want a big scene and wanting to host a tournament in your area is definitely the correct way to do this. However, Albuquerque has reservations about you as a TO. It's not personal, but the last tournament that some Abq people went to did not turn out well, and it was due to lack of experience as a TO on your part. This, however, is very fixable. You need to build up the scene in LC by hosting small local tourneys. Once these start getting some turnout and you show to us that you're capable of running a tournament smoothly, we will reconsider attending a tournament that you host. As is, though, there is no reason to host it in LC over Abq, since we have a lot more people here, and more experienced TOs like Steven, the Twins, etc.

On an unrelated note, I want to thank everyone who showed up to the tournament on Saturday! I had a ton of fun, I <3 you all. Here's a short list of shoutouts, nothing too big.

Neil: Grats on the win dogg. I'm so proud of you
Light: You'll get him next time man. Also ggs, I felt a lot better about my games against you than any games I've had with you before, even if I got bodied lol.
Paul: Do you even get on Smashboards any more? I'm really glad you joined the tournament man, you're SO good, you seriously need to give up not caring and get back in the game!
Wraith: F*** that guy
Steven: GGs man, your YL is awesome. And grats on winning KOF, you're a beast!
Sam (Hickey): Dude, your Roy is pretty legit for not playing Melee in years.
Tekkie: You know, you're like the one person I didn't get to play with. Gj winning games in a game you don't even play. Good seeing you as always.
Sonny: I don't think you get on Smashboards, but you're super legit. GGs.
Sam (Greenblatt): Keep grinding that skill until it's sharp as a razor. Hit me up if you want to practice, I will train you into tip-top shape in no time if you're dedicated.
Pete and Pete: Sorry guys, I don't remember your real names. GGs, we didn't meet in tourney but we had some good friendlies.
CityOfNoobs, Kyo, Cow: GGs to those I played. Keep showing up to tournaments, you guys really impressed me!

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I really wanted to attend the after tourney fest on Saturday but I fell asleep while you guys were moving there from tourney to fest. I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT SOME POINT SOON

Top Bottom