• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

tw1n

Smash Champion
I think there might still be. Call Neil and ask him.

As far as I know, Goyf, Neil, Ian and Victr are the only ones 100% confirmed.

Napos

Smash Ace
Yeah I believe their is 1 seat left, Neil called me and we talked about who was confirmed. I guy named Lewis was floating around to be a driver but I am sure me and Neil got it.

I believe the pre-reg date got pushed to today.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
It is with my distinct pleasure to officially announce that I am today officially confirming that I am dispelling any uncertainty in the declaration that I am definitely driving to GENESIS.
In true Michele Bachmann style :)

Yes, Tekkie, there's still a seat left.
Of course, you've got priority. There's still others who might want it (Ronald?), but so long as you confirm before anyone else, you'll get it.
We can leave Wednesday night if people prefer it over early Thursday morning. I don't mind either way.

Oh, and I was thinking . . . did anybody want to take a bet? So I haven't played melee *at all* for the last many months or so, and I am not most likely not going to play before we leave. I'm wagering that if I enter melee singles on a whim, with no practice beforehands (hell, maybe even no friendlies or warmups at GENESIS before the matches), that I can actually get out of pools this time :troll:

Who's down? I'll lay down up to $10 per person. I wouldn't enter otherwise, and today's the last day to register. So . . . MONEYMATCH?!?!

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
So some house stuff came up and it turns out I won't be able to host anything until like 6:30-7:00. Now, i'm still down to hold a fest, however, if someone wants to take over and hold a fest since i can't start until so much later I wouldn't be against it. Otherwise, if people are down, I can host then. But I understand if it's too late for some people to want to get to my side of town at that point. SORRY DUDES

No matter what though, walker, if you wanna cube with some scrubs tonight let me know i'm not sitting next to you since we'll play in finals anyway

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I vote for Wednesday night. It's a long ****ing drive.

I'm still down for a late fest too Nolan.

Can Twins hook me up with my tv soon? I need to practice ****, and I can't do that with lag......

tekkie

Smash Master
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

i might be able to get to abq and go with you guys to genesis. i'm working on finding rides there but there's a decent chance. also i need to take off time from work and whatnot :awesome: but it's possible.

also since the 13th is my birthday you'll all be giving me gas station blumpkins on the way

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo Neil. You're saying $10 that you can make it to bracket? If so, I will take that bet lol.

And Walker. Kyle will bring your tv to his girlfriends tonight. You guys can figure out when and where to give it back.

Tekkie! Make it to genesis. You gotta register today!!!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Not sure. As far as I know you guys do. But I haven't been keeping up with that so ya.

When I see Kyle later I'll ask him

tekkie

Smash Master
apparently my registration didn't go through lol. since **** the guy running it, i might just not register, save myself $50, and just play the **** out of everyone/money match a lot.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Good lol. It's not a short trip.

We can't do Wednesday morning though. I'm working then.

Tekkie, did you get a ride to ABQ then?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Fest at my place tuesday to help practice for genesis! melee, Brawl, whatever you need. Head on over Tuesday and we'll work on what we can. Neil, this includes you too. We could all use the help you can provide :D

Walker, I have your tv here at my girlfriends. However I'm heading into work so I will have to drop it off later k :D
As well I can give you a ride to the fest Tuesday if you'd like.

Napos

Smash Ace
I vote for Wed night as well anytime after 7:15 pm. I talked to Neil and he said he was cool with leaving at 8 or 9

Fest at my place tuesday to help practice for genesis! melee, Brawl, whatever you need. Head on over Tuesday and we'll work on what we can. Neil, this includes you too. We could all use the help you can provide :D

Walker, I have your tv here at my girlfriends. However I'm heading into work so I will have to drop it off later k :D
I am off tues so I will be coming! Directions?

Oh and I will be hosting a fest Friday july 8th, for the same reasons. If peeps want Melee bring a GC and the game lol I can also give rides if people wanna give me some gas money.

Also Tekkie I don't mind coming to get you from Socorro.

tekkie

Smash Master
i think i'm squared away getting to abq.

if we're leaving at 8-9 on wednesday... where are we staying that evening?

also who is going to be driving?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master

I'm working on tuesday, so no ride for me.

I'll be here all day today though. Just text me when you can actually drop the tv off

Napos

Smash Ace
i think i'm squared away getting to abq.

if we're leaving at 8-9 on wednesday... where are we staying that evening?

also who is going to be driving?

I believe we are going to drive all the way through. I am in talks about getting a room for just us NM guys, so it will not be so ****ing crowded. Unless we all don't mind crowds? It would be 56$ a night for three nights, however this Marcos guy has yet to e-mail me back. I'll PM the dude that told me about him right now and see if I can get this straightened out by tonight.

Victor, I just need to let you know that you are so ****ing cool.
haha Thanks man, I try T_T

Napos

Smash Ace
The total price per room for 3 nights is $195. So if you are staying for 3 nights with 5 people, then it is $39 per person for all 3 nights.

Once we get confirmed with a room with Marco, this is how it will be. Another guy PMed me about getting a hold of Marco so we are all playing the waiting game.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Old Man Grey can squeeze you guys into his room but it will be packed. That will be about $10 a night.

As well David and I can network and see about finding you guys a more comfortable situation.

In terms of staying with us, we are housing a lot of people already so we definitely cannot fit all of you in. We will get it all squared away asap though.

VICTR: two things:
1. my address is 9180 Coors Blvd NW apt 3001 Albuquerque, NM 87120. Google maps :D
2. Anything over $10 a night may not be worth it. Just a heads up.

Going into the Genesis thread now to see if anyone else has room to spare.

Napos

Smash Ace
Old Man Grey can squeeze you guys into his room but it will be packed. That will be about $10 a night.

As well David and I can network and see about finding you guys a more comfortable situation.

In terms of staying with us, we are housing a lot of people already so we definitely cannot fit all of you in. We will get it all squared away asap though.

VICTR: two things:
1. my address is 9180 Coors Blvd NW apt 3001 Albuquerque, NM 87120. Google maps :D
2. Anything over $10 a night may not be worth it. Just a heads up.

Going into the Genesis thread now to see if anyone else has room to spare.

I don't mind being bunched up with all kinds of people. New friends and more money for MMs and Food! I am down if all you other guys are?

Woo! I sure will google map it! excited to brawl it up!

But yeah, you guys down to room with a lot of peeps? 56 is kinda a lot

Top Bottom