• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

C-J

Smash Cadet
Hey if i go.. i can drive lol.

Hey another question. who's going to a tournament this upcoming weekend?
I was thinking of going to el paso.. but everyone looks like they're going to arizona.. do you think any one will be at the el paso tourny?

And nice videos sinz

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
dang it. I can't view them on youtube. (my comp blocks youtube...)

C-J

Smash Cadet
They look good man. Makes me want to 1v1 you. I think you'd beat me, but maybe not heh heh. The samus is awesome.

Looks like you posted them like 2 days ago though huh.

Well crap, the summer struggle has been canceled.. and the only other option is to drive to oklahoma.. which is almost a 9 hour drive.. crap...

Does anyone know any other tournaments happening this weekend (28, 29, 30)

Not a clue...Nope, not a clue...

If you go to El Paso, trust me, there will be people there. Do NOT expect to win, however...they're good.

You might be able to come, but I doubt it. I doubt even ZMan will be able to...My parents don't like lots of people over often...and my room is rather...smallish. Even if we used both my room and my brothers room, I don't think we could have that many people.

But wait!! What inspiration doth rain down upon me, like a budding rose, purple in place of Venus! Oh how the bud longs to burst into full bloom, but scared of life, of chances, it remains a lifeless carcass forevermore.

Well my friends, I'm going to take this chance in life, and try to see if I can do a deed of unbeatable proportions to bring everyone into this plan. May we all pray that it works.

"Croaked the raven, nevermore."

allboutpeach

Smash Ace
hey guys, when is this smashfest? C-J i hope you can go though, i like playing new people it gets fun. Playing the same people gets kinda boring after a while. Who do u main as if you don't mind me asking?

Oryia

Smash Rookie
doc/mario is my main character
secondary char for all the annoying chars is marth

Edit : by this way, this is C-J
I'm on my sisters name.. i always do this...

Not sure ABP. I'm aiming to have it on this Saturday, but, well, we'll see. If not, then I'll have to reschedule it to sometime next week. Don't worry, we'll have one before we go back to school. I need an estimate of people however, so if you are attending, then please post so.

I didn't think you'd be able to come ZMan, which sucks, but hey, we'll all move on right? Hopefully none of us will be permanently scarred from this...

People I know can come so far:

Erich{Duh}
Sinz
Allboutpeach
Alphabravo

C-J

Smash Cadet
Ok, now i'm on my name.. Allaboutpeach (i think people just put ABP? lol) my main chars doc/mario.. they are the funnest.. not so much cause they are the best i guess lol.
Oryia is my sister. she loves playing smash too.

And erich, I'm down to come. However, if it's this weekend i can't make it. I'm going on saturday to that tournament in el paso. So if you have it later on, i can make it.

C-J

Smash Cadet
Hey guys

Does anyone want to come to the el paso tournament with me?
I'm driving me, my sister, and my bro to the tournament. If anyone wants to come, come. I have room for two people in my car, and if we all want to go, we can chip in money to rent a van.

It's on sat
The reason i ask is cause they want to know who from new mexico is coming down. And want to maybe play after the tourney too.

Seeya

Gravity

Smash Ace
hey NM you guys are cool. no really, you rock.

anyway i just wanted to say that coloarado and utah suck.

and also you should come to the tournament this weekend, stead of el paso or whatever. even if oklahoma is farther away.

?!? Everyone suddenly likes NM?!?

Next year Gravity, next year. Next year me and Sinz for sure, and probably Alphabravo, and ABP will be traveling around for tourneys. Have patience my friend, for in just one year you will see competitive smashing from NM.

I don't know C-J. Probably not, because my parents are unfamiliar with letting me go places with strangers, I'm 15, and I have something happening on Saturday before the smashfest. But maybe...what time will you be leaving NM?

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
C-J, good luck to you, your sister, and your brother; try your best and represent NM well.

Hmm....it looks like more people from NM are showing up on smashboards. It also looks like there are more than just 2 people posting in this thread.........interesting.

*Scratches head in confusion*

C-J

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys.

ABP, it's cool man, and we will.

Thanks alpha bravo. I hope we do well too. Yeah, hopefully new mexico does well at all upcoming tourneys.

Erich, it's cool, I understand. If your parents don't let you, maybe if we all get together and smash for a while, your parents will get to know all of us better, so we can head out next year for tourneys.

Sinz is old enough to drive right? I am as well.
We should rent two vans next year and take everyone and go everywhere haha.

November or December eh? Sweetness abounds in my humble abode!!!

You won't be 13 forever ZMan. In a few years you're going to thank your parents for being so strict wtih you about things like this. I AM DEAD SERIOUS ABOUT IT, you will, trust me.

That's the way to think C-J. If you were willing to drive over here that many times, of course...yea Sinz can drive, and me and him are already plotting how to get to big tournaments next year...not to leave Alpha and ABP out of it, because we wouldn't be the Albuquerque crew without them!

Take everyone and go everywhere, eh??? Hmmm...interesting statement. Sounds good though. You would have to drive down to here at least 2-3 times before my parents knew you well enough for that though...but whatever, forget the past and look to the future, ja?

ZMan one more thing; you need to improvise until you can go out of state, you need to be more independant, hold little smashfests of your own perhaps, just do something to stay in there. I've been improvising for almost 1 1/2 years my friend.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Erich said:
ZMan one more thing; you need to improvise until you can go out of state, you need to be more independant, hold little smashfests of your own perhaps, just do something to stay in there. I've been improvising for almost 1 1/2 years my friend.
I have been holding little smashfests at my house for like, a year now.

I got a question, how can I get Salty back into singles?He only wants to doubles nowadays.

allboutpeach

Smash Ace
why does he just want to do doubles? Singles are fun 2. Me and ABS will play yall in doubles though if you want us to. At like the next tourney or smash thingy. Hey do yall know when MLG las vegas is? Cause i really want to go to that one

C-J

Smash Cadet
Yea, ABP, you'll probably remember me when you see me. I didn't do too hot.. but i've learned so much since the last tournament. Just experiencing the tournament led me to watch videos, and read the guides, so i've improved my game. And i need my revenge too on one guy from el paso. I hope he shows heh.

C-J

Smash Cadet
oops sorry :-P

heh. Gonna have a get together with my friends right now actually to play smash. seeya guys! we all need to some day!

later

Top Bottom