• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Method of Farming: Amiibo Gifts

Cheers

Smash Apprentice
Have a few questions hopefully someone can answer

anyone know what the best way for your amiibo to collect items in matches? Do you guys aim for short matches or do you guys aim for long mins (30+ min matches).

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
When I farm, I do an hour match when I either am done playing for the night or will feel like playing in about an hour after checking websites. I imagine longer is better so you can do other stuff while the match plays out, although if you think you may have to do something requiring turning off the game soon, you should probably go for short matches.

CharmingRogue851

Smash Rookie
Anyone know if they ever gift you duplicate items?
I've gotten custom moves that I already had unlocked, and hats and stuff that weren't new. So yeah, you can get duplicate items. Also, I have like 500 million different versions of the Brawn Badge from the Amiibo's.

I've yet to get my Amiibo's so if someone could test something maybe it could help. If it's based off of KO's could we set up a special smash with 300% damage then run it for 99 minutes to see if they gain more items? Might be calculated off of time, stocks taken, damage given, ect.
I let 2 amiibo's fight 20 stock in a normal match (the match took about 30 min), this yielded me around 4 customs per Amiibo. Afterwards I let them fight in a 20 stock Special Melee with 300% (the match took about 2 min), this yielded me 1 custom for 1 Amiibo, and the other one didn't get any.

So it's definitely more time-based then anything.

So far the best method I've found is letting them fight with 99 stocks in normal smash (takes about 2-3 hours). Afterwards I get about 10 customs per Amiibo among other things.

When I farm, I do an hour match when I either am done playing for the night or will feel like playing in about an hour after checking websites. I imagine longer is better so you can do other stuff while the match plays out, although if you think you may have to do something requiring turning off the game soon, you should probably go for short matches.
This is why I prefer 99 stocks. It takes longer, so you get more gifts.

Last edited:

Kalina Hitana

Smash Rookie
I currently have 4 amiibo in my possession, and am getting more in the future, so I really wanted to know what the best method for farming items from them was. Currently, I do 99 minute 8-player Smashes with the amiibos on a team against level 9 CPUs, but I'm wondering if there's any way I can improve on that

CharmingRogue851

Smash Rookie
I found something strange. I've never gotten more than ~20-21 gifts before. I usually let the Amiibo fight for 1 day and collect my gifts, and I always get around this number. So now I've let them fight twice that amount (2 days straight) without collecting gifts. And I still only get ~20-21 gifts per Amiibo. Which makes me believe that there's a cap to the amount of gifts they can get.

Now I just need to figure out how long it approximately takes to get ~20 gifts, so I can go collect them when they're capped and not lose out on more gifts.

I currently have 4 amiibo in my possession, and am getting more in the future, so I really wanted to know what the best method for farming items from them was. Currently, I do 99 minute 8-player Smashes with the amiibos on a team against level 9 CPUs, but I'm wondering if there's any way I can improve on that
They get more gifts, the longer they play. So anything that you can do to improve the time spent will get you more gifts. Of course if you're next to your Wii U after every 99 minutes to restart it, then I don't think there's anything you can do to get more gifts. Besides getting more Amiibo :p

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Would
I found something strange. I've never gotten more than ~20-21 gifts before. I usually let the Amiibo fight for 1 day and collect my gifts, and I always get around this number. So now I've let them fight twice that amount (2 days straight) without collecting gifts. And I still only get ~20-21 gifts per Amiibo. Which makes me believe that there's a cap to the amount of gifts they can get.

Now I just need to figure out how long it approximately takes to get ~20 gifts, so I can go collect them when they're capped and not lose out on more gifts.

They get more gifts, the longer they play. So anything that you can do to improve the time spent will get you more gifts. Of course if you're next to your Wii U after every 99 minutes to restart it, then I don't think there's anything you can do to get more gifts. Besides getting more Amiibo :p
this mean it's most beneficial to play a 99 stock match on 0.5 damage, on the biggest level? Also I r definitely gotten much more than 20 gifts from an amiibo. I ended with soemehere closer to 50 last time I looted my yoshi.

NAMQ

Smash Rookie
@ S stancosmos are you certain? Cause I would love doing this to farm a whole night oh Hyrule Temple :).

Got my 8 amiibo strong :D

CharmingRogue851

Smash Rookie
Would

this mean it's most beneficial to play a 99 stock match on 0.5 damage, on the biggest level? Also I r definitely gotten much more than 20 gifts from an amiibo. I ended with soemehere closer to 50 last time I looted my yoshi.
Really 50 gifts? Max I've seen is 24. And I've let them fight it out for 2 days straight once. And 99 stock with 0.5 damage on the biggest level is definitely something worth looking into. I'll give that a try and see if I can get more than 24 gifts. Nothing to lose :p For science!

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Really 50 gifts? Max I've seen is 24. And I've let them fight it out for 2 days straight once. And 99 stock with 0.5 damage on the biggest level is definitely something worth looking into. I'll give that a try and see if I can get more than 24 gifts. Nothing to lose :p For science!
also if you're interested, I put items on, but only health items and the flag that gives you an extra stock. The match lasted about 10 hours. so it was pretty ideal for overnight.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
There's one way where you can get even more rewards. It's by setting up the battle to make it as chaotic as possible.

One example:

Go to the battle option and make the items appear more frequent.

Select only the master ball

Enjoy

Last edited:

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
There's one way where you can get even more rewards. It's by setting up the battle to make it as chaotic as possible.

One example:

Go to the battle option and make the items appear more frequent.

Select only the master ball

Enjoy
why not just set hammers? wouldn't that get more kills? I doubt the gifts are based on the amount of pokemon spawned.

CharmingRogue851

Smash Rookie
Alright. So I've done several tests (with 4 Amiibo), I did a 99 stock, normal battle, no items, on battlefield. These matches usually last between 80-120 minutes. And on average you get 10 gifts per Amiibo (sometimes none, sometimes 7, sometimes 11, etc, it's still a bit random).

Now I did a 99 stock battle, with 0.5x damage modifier, on hyrule castle, the match took over 3 hours (~200 minutes). And several Amiibo's had ~20 gifts. So this seems really good to use overnight.

I also didn't take any gifts from 1 Amiibo and just let it fight multiple battles, it had 17 gifts at one point before the 3 hour long battle, and afterwards it still only had 17 gifts. I just really don't think Amiibo can store more than ~24 gifts.

also if you're interested, I put items on, but only health items and the flag that gives you an extra stock. The match lasted about 10 hours. so it was pretty ideal for overnight.
Haha good one, that's even better.

why not just set hammers? wouldn't that get more kills? I doubt the gifts are based on the amount of pokemon spawned.
At this point I'm fairly positive that the amount of gifts is based on time, not kills.

Emuser012

Smash Cadet
NNID
Emuser012
It is expensive to get 8 amiibos to farm, but I can assure you that they do work. I managed to get my last mii hat after getting tired of grinding Crazy Orders for DAYS then letting my Pikachu amiibo gift it to me. I feel like the amiibos, while they don't collect headgear TOO often, when they do it isn't like Crazy Orders which will typically give you common hats or even duplicates. I am trying to collect all of the amiibos so this was a little bonus option for me to pursue it turned out.

Thank God I never have to do that challenge again...unless my Wii U breaks or something...

I'M GONNA HAMMER THAT ***** IF I HAVE TO DO HER AGAIN.

Inazuma

Smash Cadet
NNID
inazuma65
I hope Nintendo releases the card based amiibo soon. If they are super cheap, I might buy them.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I did 99 stock, 4 amiibos, all items, on The Great Cave Offensive.

Only got about five or so custom moves, and none of them new. Disappointing, especially when I got two new moves from one round of dumb Smash Tour.

Sigh, really wish Run was on Wii U instead, so much more fun to play...

Emuser012

Smash Cadet
NNID
Emuser012
It is a huge mess with the unlocks in Wii U, I switched between All Star Hard and Crazy Orders Homerun bat setup with specific character I was trying to get customs for.

CharmingRogue851

Smash Rookie
Okay, so I put 4 amiibo's at Hyrule Castle, 0.5x damage, all health items on and the one that gives you an extra stock that you can pick up. It's been 19 hours and: Link has died, Peach/Zelda/Fox all had around 50 stocks at one point, but now they have: 86/49/84. I'm thinking about resetting it cause I think they're never going to finish lol

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Okay, so I put 4 amiibo's at Hyrule Castle, 0.5x damage, all health items on and the one that gives you an extra stock that you can pick up. It's been 19 hours and: Link has died, Peach/Zelda/Fox all had around 50 stocks at one point, but now they have: 86/49/84. I'm thinking about resetting it cause I think they're never going to finish lol
Did you reset? If you don't I would like to know the results.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Where do you pick up the gifts from the Amiibo's? I've never done this before so I expected to see something on the results screen but nothing happened. Do you have to go to a certain place to get the gifts? I'm confused.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Where do you pick up the gifts from the Amiibo's? I've never done this before so I expected to see something on the results screen but nothing happened. Do you have to go to a certain place to get the gifts? I'm confused.
Scan it in at the amiibo section in Games & More.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Ah I see, thanks.

So I'm doing this for the 300,000 gold challenge, you get the most gold based on time, not stock, right? I set the Amiibo's to fight for 1 hour instead of 99 stock for example....the amount of gold you get is simply related to the time they spent fighting?

Emuser012

Smash Cadet
NNID
Emuser012
Generally, the amiibos will max out at ~2300 gold or so each from what I've seen in my past experiences. Getting the Doc Trophy Rush Challenge followed by Crazy Orders w/passes and a homerun bat setup should do well as long as you can get to 60+ turns.

CharmingRogue851

Smash Rookie
Did you reset? If you don't I would like to know the results.
No, I reset it. Afterwards I did a 4 Amiibo, Omega stage, all health items + extra stock item, 1x damage modifier and 2 Amiibo got killed, only the other 2 Amiibo had 5 & 12 lives, but it only went up from there. So I had to reset that too. The extra stock item is just too risky I think, they might never finish lol.

Anyway, I did 99 stocks, 0.5x damage, all health items (BUT NOT THE EXTRA STOCK ITEM), on an Omega stage, and the game lasted around ~4 hours and at the end each Amiibo gave me around ~17 gifts. Seems like the most efficient way of farming (cause of the 24 gifts cap). But I'm gonna do more testing.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
No, I reset it. Afterwards I did a 4 Amiibo, Omega stage, all health items + extra stock item, 1x damage modifier and 2 Amiibo got killed, only the other 2 Amiibo had 5 & 12 lives, but it only went up from there. So I had to reset that too. The extra stock item is just too risky I think, they might never finish lol.

Anyway, I did 99 stocks, 0.5x damage, all health items (BUT NOT THE EXTRA STOCK ITEM), on an Omega stage, and the game lasted around ~4 hours and at the end each Amiibo gave me around ~17 gifts. Seems like the most efficient way of farming (cause of the 24 gifts cap). But I'm gonna do more testing.
Thanks. I'll test a bit when I get home from school today. Did you put the special flag item on with high item drops? Maybe with low item drops it would be better. Before I leave for school this morning I will set my 6 amiibo in a match with:

All health items High
0.5x launch rate
99 lives

and see what I get.

Last edited:

warkyizfire

Smash Rookie
You guys can just take this information and run with it however you like.

I started a game with 8 Amiibo, 90 minutes, no items, just play. These were my findings:

Amiibo..........Score.Placement.#of.Equipment.#of Customs.#of Trophies.#of Outfits.#of Hats.#of Coin Total.Prize#
Link.................-40..........8.................10.....................2...................5..................1.........................465.................18
Mario...............-33.........6..................10..........................................2.............................................930.................12
Yoshi...............-37.........7.............................................................................................................2324..................0
Samus..............-7..........5...................14.........................................3..................1.........................465.................18
Diddy Kong.......21.........2...................10.........................................2............................................930..................12
Little Mac..........86.........1...................11.........................................4.............................................698................15
Captain Falcon..1...........3.............................................................................................................2603.................0
Luigi..................-2...........4....................7..............................................................................1........1162...............8

Total Coin 9577
Total Prizes 83

I'll run an additoinal test overnight, same Amiibo, 99 stock Omega Stage no items and see what they have tomorrow.

Last edited:

warkyizfire

Smash Rookie
I'll run an additoinal test overnight, same Amiibo, 99 stock Omega Stage no items and see what they have tomorrow.
Here's the new data for the 99 stock game:

Amiibo..........Score.Placement.#of.Equipment.#of Customs.#of Trophies.#of Outfits.#of Hats.#of Coin Total.Prize#
Link.................7............3..................9............................................2..................1.............1............695..............13
Mario...............35..........1..................11.....................1...................6.................................1............480.............19
Yoshi...............-42.........6...................7...........................................2...............................................1292.............9
Samus..............17.........2....................6.....................1..................4................................................1200...........11
Diddy Kong.......5...........5...................11........................................2.................................1..............881............14
Little Mac..........43.........7...................11....................1...................5................................................415............17
Captain Falcon..-6.........8....................6.....................1...................3..................1.............................710...........11
Luigi..................-25........4....................4..........................................2................................................1615...........6

Total Coin 7288
Total Prizes 100

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Here's the new data for the 99 stock game:

Link.................7............3..................9............................................2..................1.............1............695..............13
Mario...............35..........1..................11.....................1...................6.................................1............480.............19
Yoshi...............-42.........6...................7...........................................2...............................................1292.............9
Samus..............17.........2....................6.....................1..................4................................................1200...........11
Diddy Kong.......5...........5...................11........................................2.................................1..............881............14
Little Mac..........43.........7...................11....................1...................5................................................415............17
Captain Falcon..-6.........8....................6.....................1...................3..................1.............................710...........11
Luigi..................-25........4....................4..........................................2................................................1615...........6

Total Coin 7288
Total Prizes 100
I have the flu, but when i'm feeling better. I'm going to test 6 of my amiibos and setting the battle to where its extremely chaotic.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I wasn't aware of this method but I'll be farming now while doing other things and buying 3 more amiibos since I currently have 5 of them. I always want to work on unlocking custom specials and get sidetracked so this would be a good way of getting it done while getting to do other things...

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'm curious about how amiibos receive loot, so I'm conducting some experiments. First, for a baseline:

10 minute smash
Link - 90 coins, 1 custom
Villager - 209 coins, 1 trophy
Diddy - 120 coins, 1 custom, 1 mii outfit,
Mario - 90 coins, 1 trophy

509 coins, 2 customs, 1 trophy, 1 mii outfit

Okay. The first thing I am wondering is does the amount of battles decide it to an extent?

Five 2 minute smashes
Link - 147 coins, 1 custom
Villager - 206 coins
Diddy - 118 coins, 1 custom
Mario - 147 coins, 1 custom

618 coins, 3 customs

It does not appear like so. It's a greater amount, but does not seem to be too significant to me. Next, I am wondering if the amount of kills matters.

10 minute smash, 2× ratio
Villager 91 coins, 2 trophies, 1 (KO healer!) custom
Link - 181 coins, 1 custom
Diddy - 179 coins, 1 custom
Mario - 120 coins, 1 custom

571 coins, 4 customs, 2 trophies.

Probably not. However, just to be sure, let's try out a special smash.

10 minute special smash, light, ×2 speed, flower, 300% damage, ratio ×2.
Villager - 120 coins, 1 trophy
Mario - 239 coins
Diddy - 90 coins, 1 custom, 1 mii outfit, 1 trophy
Link - 179 coins

628 coins, 1 custom, 2 trophies, 1 mii outfit

Basically the same. What's interesting, is it seems like receiving trophies and customs takes away from the amount of coins you get. Also it seems like it takes away of increments of ~30 coins.

How do other modes influence it?:

10 minute coin smash
Diddy - 119 coins, 1 custom
Villager- 90 coins, 2 customs
Link - 60 coins, 1 custom item, 1 custom move, 1 trophy
Mario - 119 coins, 1 custom

388 coins, 6 customs, 1 trophy.

It does not seem to help. By the amount of customs I got, it does not seem to hurt either.

Maybe let's just see if I have one amiibo doing it.

10 minute smash against lv 1 cpu
Mario - 153 coins, 2 customs

Alright, that's not bad, but not impossible by what I've seen.

Let's see if a lower amount of kills matters.

10 minute smash, ×.5 ratio
Mario - 60 coins, 2 custom items, 1 custom move
Villager- 209 coins
Diddy - 90 coins, 2 custom items
LInk - 149 coins, 1 custom item, 1 custom move

508 coins, 4 custom items, 2 custom moves

Nope.

Now I'm curious if the amiibo having victory gets the most coins. If so, perhaps a team smash where their scores are put together might increase the overall result.

10 minute team smash all same team vs lv 1 Marth
Diddy - 13 KOs, Villager 3, Mario 6, Link - 0.
Villager - 115 coins, 1 custom
Link - 286 coins
Diddy - 143 coins, 1 custom
Mario - 172 coins

716 coins, 2 customs.

Highest coins yet, but low amounts of other things.

How does the amount of time effect it? Perhaps greater time increases the rate of retrieving gifts?

20 minute smash
Link - 120 coins, 4 customs, 1 trophy
Diddy - 299 coins, 2 customs, 1 trophy
Villager - 597 coins
Mario - 359 coins, 1 custom

1375 coins, 7 customs, 2 trophies

Divided by two, seems similar to the previous results.

At this time, I'm just going to put them in a really long stock special match with everything possible to make them hard to kill. Okay, actually, I had them metal but it seemed like that match would go on for days, so I just turned it off. Stage is Wii Fit Studio.

271:51 minutes
Villager- 3 trophies, 15 customs, 973 coins
Link - 4 trophies, 10 customs, 973 coins
Diddy - 5 trophies, 15 customs, 730 coins
Mario - 5 trophies, 14 customs, 730 coins

3406 coins
17 trophies
54 customs

Much less than I was expecting...
Let's try out a 99 stock match with everyone very easy to kill.

99 stock custom match (300%, flower, light, giant, small stage, all dat stuff) lasted 10 minutes 10 seconds
Mario - 122 gold, 1 custom, 1 trophy
Villager - 182 gold, 1 custom
Link - 87 gold, 2 customs, 1 trophy
Diddy - 182 gold, 1 trophy

572 coins, 4 customs, 3 trophies.

No significant difference from the usual 10 minute matches, so time still seems to be the only factor.

I averaged all the matches that took 10 minutes (divided the 20 minute one by two) for 8 individual results.
578 coins average
3.69 customs average
.875 trophies average

Based on these averages, I should have gotten much, much more from the long battle than I did. Even if my averages are high, I should have gotten at least double what I did. So what happened? I think it's probably a result of how a couple of my amiibos dropped out before all the others. Let's confirm this with a test. I'll go into battle with 3 of my amiibos and focus on just one of them so he dies before the others.

Mario was only in the match for 9:20, Diddy was in for 14:42, Villager was in for 15:31
Mario - 89 coins, 1 custom
Diddy - 187 coins, 2 customs
Villager - 197 coins, 2 customs

Indeed, it does matter if the amiibo drops out. This could be a limitation of doing stock battles then. However, being able to for for several more hours while asleep may justify it. I wonder if the amiibo still gets credit if it is on a team with the others though? I'll test this using a handicap.

Oh, I didn't even realize... once one of them dies, he uses the share stock feature. Ok, let's do a test with that. Setting my four amiibos into battle with 4 lv 9 CPUs. Mario is at 300% hp. Once his first 15 stocks are up, he will continue to share stock with the other amiibos. I've limited the time to 10 minutes for consistency.

6:30 mario loses all stocks for first time
Mario and Diddy die at about 30 seconds left. Link dies at 18 seconds left. Villager hangs it out til the end.
Diddy: 78 coins, 4 customs
Villager: 100 coins, 1 custom, 1 trophy
Link - 79 coins, 3 customs
Mario - 47 coins

Interesting... it seems that because Mario did die early, even though he shared stock, it still counted as if he died then. Or maybe it's just that he was not helping much on the team? Maybe I should do another test just like this but just time battle rather than stock. If it's true that it's just his performance as a teammate, then sharing stock is actually great.

4 amiibos on one team vs 4 lv 9 CPUs on the other team. Mario at 300% handicap. Mario scores -29 in the end.
Diddy - 55 coins, 2 customs, 1 trophy,
Link - 164 coins, 1 trophy
Villager - 164 coins, 1 custom
Mario - 218 coins, 2 customs, 1 trophy

Nope.

Results:
All that matters is the amount of time your amiibos are in the battle. If an amiibo loses all its stocks, even if share stocking, it is not counted from thereon.

Options:
- Splitting amiibos up into two teams (friendly fire off) should extend the time of matches, for there are less opponents that can damage each individual person.
-The following items can be turned on high for maximum amount of time: Sandbag, food, maxim tomato, heart container, fairy, super star, team healer (if doing teams), back shield, rocket belt, and possibly special flag (this may result in endless smashes though).
-You can adjust launch rate
-If using 4 or less amiibos, special smash can be used. The following will extend the time of matches: Mega or mini (I can't decide), Metal, Heavy, and Slow. The longest lasting match for this would be on a long, curved, walk off, custom stage. However, Wii Fit Studio and Mario Galaxy work too. I'm sticking with Wii Fit Studio because the custom or Mario Galaxy may work too well.
-For not using Special Smash, a custom stage cannot be used, so the best is probably Mario Galaxy. The worst would probably be orbital gate assault :p.

So from here, I'm just doing some testing to figure out time lengths. With Special Team Smash, all of those items on except the flag, all the Special options on but with Giant, on wii fit studio, and with launch rate 1.0x, it's on average 2.6 minutes per stock. Therefore the final result may be about ~4½ hours.

With a launch rate of 0.8x, it averaged at about 4 minutes per stock. This would place a full 99 stock match at 6.6 hours.

With a launch rate of 0.6x, it averaged about 5 minutes per stock, placing a 99 stock match at roughly 8.3 hours. I might try this out for the full 99 stocks tonight.

Shulkamania

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatguy13
I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread now I can calm down the completionist within me. Time to get all the things!

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
I have all the amiibos and I constantly use 8 player smash with all amiibos to farm mostly gold but yes you get custom items, moves, and trophies. I usually do 10min matches over a several hour period.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I had 4 amiibos run overnight in Special Smash. I forgot to turn team battle on, so it only lasted 7-7.3 hours (depending on amiibo). Here's the loot:

Mario: 7 trophies, 12 custom parts, 1092G
Villager: 4 trophies, 11 custom parts, 1348G
Diddy: 7 trophies, 14 custom parts, 801G
Link: 5 trophies, 7 custom parts, 1910G

Overall, I got 23 trophies, 44 custom parts, and 5251 gold. My total loot is far less than of those on page 1 such as this:
Made an account just to reply to this.

I had 8 player free for alls from level 1-50 and then some this morning for around 5 hours. By the end when I went to claim my presents I got around 200~ custom items, 50~ trophies and 25k gold.

Its very very effective.
I wonder why. His loot is far over double mine.
After that I began putting the stock on 99, Damage Ratio on 2.0 and letting them have at it. I did this a few times, saving after every match as not to let all their hard work be stupidly erased again. Rinse and repeat for around 5 hours, then I went to collect everything.
Maybe as time reaches a certain amount, the amiibos' gift rate drops. I could see the devs implementing this to try to prevent what we are trying to do.
I have all the amiibos and I constantly use 8 player smash with all amiibos to farm mostly gold but yes you get custom items, moves, and trophies. I usually do 10min matches over a several hour period.
What amount of gifts do you usually end up with after the several hours period?

Last edited:

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
What amount of gifts do you usually end up with after the several hours period?
I don't really count tbh, because I do it over the span of several hours (couple times I fell asleep and my Wii U auto shut off and I lost everything lol) but I get like around 1-2k gold from each of my amiibos

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I don't really count tbh, because I do it over the span of several hours (couple times I fell asleep and my Wii U auto shut off and I lost everything lol) but I get like around 1-2k gold from each of my amiibos
Oh ok. I actually tried this last night and got around the same amount. I did 20 min sessions though.

Anyways, we can gather that there is some sort of limitation with the amount they get in one match over a long period of time. Either there's a drop in the rate they get gifts, or just a complete drop off at some point.

If there is a total drop off point, it's probably at 1 hour length of time. This is compared by dividing my 4½ hour match by the average amount of coins I got per 10 minute session. I got 5.88, which is relatively close to 6. 6 10 minute sessions is an hour. I wonder how much I get from having them go for an hour.

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
I heard the shorter the match the more rewards each amiibo will get. I saw it from a post on Smashboards.

EGEofficial

Smash Cadet
Made an account just to reply to this.

I had 8 player free for alls from level 1-50 and then some this morning for around 5 hours. By the end when I went to claim my presents I got around 200~ custom items, 50~ trophies and 25k gold.

Its very very effective.
WWWHHHATTT!! That's insane

Zeldark

Smash Rookie
I'm late to the party and haven't read everything, but with the addition of the N3DS amiibo support it's important to note that the hats and trophies the amiibos will give you are different on the U than the N3DS. The gear, special moves and gold will be exactly the same.

As an example the U present acceptance screen might see:
Critical Hit Agility Badge +7 -20, Mario's Electric Cape, 123 Gold, Ike Trophy, Cow Skull hat.

But the N3DS present acceptance list would see something like:
Critical Hit Agility Badge +7 -20, Mario's Electric Cape, 123 Gold, Zelda Trophy, Mii Force Helmet.

Which is really a bummer if you're like me and hoping to finish of your 3DS hat collection and needed that Cow Skull Hat!

But yes. Multi-amiibo farming very effective.

Last edited:

ICXCM

Smash Cadet
Has anyone experimented using Amiibo between 3DS and Wii U? Or between owners of systems? Is there any advantage?

Top Bottom